talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

This will be a perfect season if we lift the Premier League in front of United on the 7th of April B|  

I want that to happen. Mourinho will have a breakdown

33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Beat Everton away and United at home and it's over B|

What’s the least amount of games it’s ever taken to win England’s top division (this also including before football was invented which is pre Premier League era)?

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What’s the least amount of games it’s ever taken to win England’s top division (this also including before football was invented which is pre Premier League era)?

Not sure mate but think this will be a new record if it happens

What the hell is he talking about?

"I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and have the right to their opinions and reactions but there is something that I used to call football heritage. I don’t know if, I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect, to my English, which is far from perfect, football heritage."

"And what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United won the Champions League which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2008. Since 2011, 2012, out in the group phase, the group was almost the same group we had this season, Benfica, Basel and Galati from Romania."

"Out in the group phase in 2013 out at Old Trafford in the last 16, I was on the other bench. In 2014, out in the Quarter Final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League and on the second knockout out of the Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to CL."

"In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16. So in seven years with four diff managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter final, this is football heritage and if you want to go to the PL, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish fourth fifth, sixth and seventh."

"So in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage. Means that when you start the process you are here, you are there or you are there, is heritage."

21 minutes ago, Marc said:

He's lost it. Brilliant.

When Man U fans eventually turn on him, it will be amazing. I can't wait. Hopefully a few more shit seasons first though.

If they are anything like Chelsea fans it will take a little while after he is sacked for the delusion to disappear.

• Like 1

Mourinho is proper having them off. How much has he spent and how much is he paid to try and improve these poor European results he talks about? He's telling them that they were shit in Europe before he got there and it's not his fault that's still the case.

The main thing he tries to deflect the attention away from too is the fact him and Guardiola both took over at the same time, their respective clubs only separated by goal difference the season before. Both have spent fortunes but one is pissing the league and progressed in Europe while the other is a mile behind in the league and serving up some of the most turgid shite their fans will have ever seen.

• Upvote 3