talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

33 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I just think they understand Mourinho's frustrations? He's been let down by the club, whilst his main title challengers continue to strengthen.

Let down? He's spend going on £500m since he's been there? 

Utd have outspent everyone bar City during Mourinho's tenure. 

Let down my arse. 

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Let down? He's spend going on £500m since he's been there? 

Utd have outspent everyone bar City during Mourinho's tenure. 

Let down my arse. 

There is a feeling he has been let down this transfer window, not in the past. Hence the talk from the likes of Neville about 3/4 of the build.  I believe Utd's net spend under Mourinho is around £300m, but that should have been put to better use.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Should Ravel Morrison, been what Dele Alli is now? 

Once touted as the most talented prospect in the United academy since Scholes, now on loan in Mexico...

Should he have been what Ali is now? I saw Morrison play a couple times and saw some extended highlights while he was a teenager, but not really enough to judge him.  I can only say what people who watched him day in and day out thought.

People who saw Morrison play as teenager on a regular basis, would say that he should be much better than what Ali is now.  In terms of pure talent he was probably the best prospect United had since Best, better than Scholes and Giggs.  He outshone everyone he played with and against when he was under 18, he glided by everyone, could score with either foot and was real game changer.

Everyone knows his story, so there is no need to repeat it here, but the truth is if he was not so talented he would have been out football by the time he was 16.   He lacked the maturity, the self discipline, and the common sense to realise that he could have the world at his feet if he made the necessary sacrifices. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pogba looks to be getting sick of Mourinho's tactics

“I know I lost the ball (for their goal). Then there were a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble. We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake.”

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Maybe?

They certain play like a team whose manager has lost the dressing room. It also looks like the rifts between Mourinho and certain players and Mourinho and the Board is unrepairable.  

Do you think he is doing this on purpose and do you find it strange Giggs n Neville are so open with the view United should stick by him, but their mate, Scholes, is sticking pins into his Jose doll every chance he gets?

Who would have thought your 100M man, that statement your club felt they had to make according to Gary Rio ect would end up being the cancer in your dressing room?

Mourinho always has an agenda in what he says and does.   I have wondered a couple of times with his line up selections and the formations he has chosen if he was sendimg a message to Woodward. I dont think he wants to get fired because who else in football will hire him other than the Portuguese National team, but he can't deal with not getting his own way.

Scholes has always been more independent that Neville or Giggs . Hard to tell if Neville and Giggs believe what they say or if they are just repeating what United officially say.  

Churchill could have been talking about Pogba when he said a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.   I cant figure him out, if you could get him playing at his full potential on a consistent basis, you would really have something special.    Not sure how this one turns out, if United get a new manager and Pogba is still not happy, then what?  

I think the bottom line with todays United is, they have performed extremely poorly in almost all of the transfer windows since Moyes was appointed. I am sure you remember what I said on the Pogba signing & as I have been telling you since that time, you do not have one defender who is good enough to be in a title winning starting 11 and none of them would be good enough for Jose. You only have to look at ALL the different selections he makes in those positions for proof of that.

Jose is successful when all players buy into him 110%. Porto and Inter squads lived n died for him. When he came to Chelsea first time around he had a great young squad who had won nothing and they all bought into him. It's fair to say in both Madrid and Chelsea (2nd time) squads over time he had numbers who were not 100% into his style of management. At United I think its fair to say he again has players who are not into him, plus the current squad is bang average, which again highlights the very poor windows.

Just as a matter of interest, if he was to leave, who would be your choice as permanent manager?  @Redcanuck

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think the bottom line with todays United is, they have performed extremely poorly in almost all of the transfer windows since Moyes was appointed. I am sure you remember what I said on the Pogba signing & as I have been telling you since that time, you do not have one defender who is good enough to be in a title winning starting 11 and none of them would be good enough for Jose. You only have to look at ALL the different selections he makes in those positions for proof of that.

Jose is successful when all players buy into him 110%. Porto and Inter squads lived n died for him. When he came to Chelsea first time around he had a great young squad who had won nothing and they all bought into him. It's fair to say in both Madrid and Chelsea (2nd time) squads over time he had numbers who were not 100% into his style of management. At United I think its fair to say he again has players who are not into him, plus the current squad is bang average, which again highlights the very poor windows.

Just as a matter of interest, if he was to leave, who would be your choice as permanent manager?  @Redcanuck

Not too many top managers hanging about , might have to poach somebody.   Pochettino or Simeone maybe, but may have to go with a caretaker manager for a while if we are to belive the report in the Mirror that he will be sacked after tomorrow's game regardless of the result.

Gary Neville is bang on although I don't think Mourinho was ever right for the club and his conduct has been an embarrassment. 

People rightly identify Woodward, Mourinho and Pogba as all being problematic for the club but the truth is that the Glazers have been nothing but a cancer to this club. They 'bought' the club without paying a penny, saddling the club in debt and using the fans' money to own and control a club that they have zero interest in other than using it to line their own pockets. 

Things were papered over when Ferguson was manager but since he retired they've managed to destroy the whole club in five years. I can't really be arsed to list all the ways they've done it because Gary Neville pretty much does in the link in the above post

They should give the job to Gary Neville. I just want to see if he really is just a talking head or if he can offer more like everyone suggests. Wasn't that good at Valencia or at England but maybe they weren't the right fit. #GNevIn

3 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Gary Neville is bang on although I don't think Mourinho was ever right for the club and his conduct has been an embarrassment. 

People rightly identify Woodward, Mourinho and Pogba as all being problematic for the club but the truth is that the Glazers have been nothing but a cancer to this club. They 'bought' the club without paying a penny, saddling the club in debt and using the fans' money to own and control a club that they have zero interest in other than using it to line their own pockets. 

Things were papered over when Ferguson was manager but since he retired they've managed to destroy the whole club in five years. I can't really be arsed to list all the ways they've done it because Gary Neville pretty much does in the link in the above post

I'm betting fed up with all this mourinho hasn't been backed bollocks. As scholes just said he has been backed heavily stop talking shit.

Great second half comeback, but what does it prove.  It shows the players can play great football when they want to.  But who did they do it for, the club, Mourinho or themselves.   Too little to late I think.

Edited by Redcanuck

50 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Great second half comeback, but what does it prove.  It shows the players can play great football when they want to.  But who did they do it for, the club, Mourinho or themselves.   Too little to late I think.

Congrats on the win. So much disappointment in the BT studio after the game. Very amusing. The one guy Jose can be sure has his back, Matic, was pants yet again. It would be hilarious for us if we hadnt wasted the money on Bakayoko.

Oh well, we wait with interest the next few days to see if they have done a deal with English learning Zidane. As the Mirror pointed out on TV this morning, Manchester United board have been proven to be liars, so the statement they bleated this morning saying they are not looking to move Jose on should be taken with a pinch a salt.