talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urges Premier League clubs to snap up Giuseppe Rossi after ex-Man Utd striker returns to Carrington

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed after Manchester United's win at Tottenham that Giuseppe Rossi is training with the Red Devils, but United are unlikely to re-sign their former forward.

Rossi was a highly-regarded member of the club's academy as a teenager but left Old Trafford in 2007 in search of regular first-team opportunities. 

The Italy international enjoyed a successful spell in Spain with Villarreal but a series of major knee injuries have curtailed his career and has been without a club since leaving Geona last summer. 

The 31-year-old has returned to Manchester to train with his former side and while Solskjaer says there are no plans to offer him a deal, he believes there will be no shortage of clubs interested in snapping him up

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchesterunited/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-invites-premier-league-clubs-to-snap-up-giuseppe-rossi-after-exman-utd-striker-a4037631.html

• Subscriber

Anthony Martial close to agreeing new Manchester United contract

Anthony Martial is close to reaching an agreement with Manchester United over a new five-year contract, Sky Sports News understands.

It marks a breakthrough in discussions, after the France international forward rejected an offer in October.

United recently activated a year-long extension clause in Martial's current contract to keep him tied to the club until 2020.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11611085/anthony-martial-close-to-agreeing-new-manchester-united-contract

Edited by CaaC - John

10 hours ago, José said:

Keep hearing from my sources that Isco is destined for man utd next summer. No confirmation yet, but will post updates as soon as I get word. 

He's too expensive and wants too much money.  Plus his lack of pace is a problem.  Think we have more urgent needs at the moment.

Calling Lingard #JLingz just makes me cringe.

I still remember when I was in highschool I called Daniel Sturridge: D Sturridge. Looking back at it now, I can see why it took me a long time to lose my virginity.

15 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

He's too expensive and wants too much money.  Plus his lack of pace is a problem.  Think we have more urgent needs at the moment.

Riquelme was one of the best Enganches of the century. He had little to no work rate and was very slow.

You don't need pace to be a great attacking midfielder.

That said, Isco is overrated as hell and I don't think he'd be a great signing.

Just now, Cicero said:

Isco is the last thing from overrated 

Nah, I've never been a fan. He's good but he's certainly not as good as some people say he is.

I also hate him for benching James Rodriguez, in my opinion a much better player.

Lol the official scum twitter calls him JLingz xD, guess they know their market.

I’m annoyed United have managed to turn it around; but I must say it’s hilarious that the man who looked so out of his depth at Cardiff can take Mourinho’s super expensive side and completely show up “the special one.” Not that fucking special anymore, I guess xD

I thought Paul Ince was right in what he said about Solskjaer OG. I think it just got taken less seriously because Paul Ince used himself, Hughes and Bruce as examples of managers who could have done the same when I'd probably have topped myself if any of those three were appointed even on a temporary basis

7 minutes ago, José said:

Pogba: “The history of this club is totally different. Juventus is a huge club but United is just different, the story with the manager, with Sir Alex, in any team where did you see that? You don’t see a lot of academy players come up and play for the first team.”

Right away the simpletons bring up the fact that he left but no one knows the whole facts, even my sources. The fact of the matter is that the most complete midfielder in the game plays for Man Utd and his transfer fee was nothing to an elite team who leads the PL in revenue

Clutching at straws there 

• Subscriber

Bloody hell...gulp, Ashley Young and now the Injury forever man :eek:

Manchester United defender Phil Jones has signed a new contract until 2023, with the option of a further year.

Jones, 26, has made 208 appearances for the Old Trafford club - including 16 this season - since arriving from Blackburn Rovers for £17m in 2011.

United interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said the new deal for the England centre-back is a sign the club are planning ahead.

"I have a vision of what this club will look like in two years," he said.

United have won nine games out of 10 since Solskjaer took over as caretaker manager on 19 December, following the dismissal of Jose Mourinho.

The Norwegian has been told he will be in charge for the rest of this campaign and no decision has yet been taken about whether he will get the job on a permanent basis.

Jones, whose contract was due to expire in the summer, has signed his deal a week after Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini left United to take up a lucrative contract in China.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47169999