talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

Absolutely delighted that we're not going to be losing Ashley Young or Phil Jones. Having these two legends at the club for the foreseeable future will be crucial. Apparently Phil Jones is the new Duncan Edwards according to Ferguson. It's just that he's older than Edwards ever was and nowhere near as good.

Hopefully we can sign up our other huge important players up like Valencia and Smalling. What a huge boost that would be

Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard have been ruled out for two to three weeks and will miss Manchester United's games against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Lingard pulled up shortly before half-time in the first leg of the last-16 tie against Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.

Martial was injured earlier in the game and played on until the interval but did not reappear for the second half.

Source: Sky Sports

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8441062/saudi-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-manchester-united-takeover/

This story seems to be making the rounds again, was first rumoured back in the fall, but the death of Khashoggi seemed to kill it for awhile.

Don't really want the Saudis owning the club, I have also felt Nations should not be allowed to own clubs.  If this goes through than United will be no different than PSG or City.  Have to admit though it would be nice to see United spending the money they make on improving the product on the field, rather than filling the pockets of their owners.

3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8441062/saudi-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-manchester-united-takeover/

This story seems to be making the rounds again, was first rumoured back in the fall, but the death of Khashoggi seemed to kill it for awhile.

Don't really want the Saudis owning the club, I have also felt Nations should not be allowed to own clubs.  If this goes through than United will be no different than PSG or City.  Have to admit though it would be nice to see United spending the money they make on improving the product on the field, rather than filling the pockets of their owners.

They already spend a fortune as it is

6 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

That's true, but they haven't spent it wisely and more important there are hundreds of millions that have gone to the Glazers instead of back into the club.  

True. But the glaziers aren't like Mike Ashley or kronke. In some ways they are worse because they take alot of money out the club but they don't restrict utd in the transfer market.

On 17/02/2019 at 23:52, Gunnersauraus said:

True. But the glaziers aren't like Mike Ashley or kronke. In some ways they are worse because they take alot of money out the club but they don't restrict utd in the transfer market.

Arsenal have spent plenty since they moved into the Emirates. I'd be shocked if their current policy of reigning in their spending wasn't due to Wenger's abysmal wage policy, severely overpaying bang average players because he believes in some silly socilaist utopia. Appaently he has a degree in economics too which says a lot about the education system 

• Subscriber
On 16/02/2019 at 23:53, Redcanuck said:

Them again just to sell a paper :coffee:

Saudi crown prince denies £3.8bn Man Utd takeover bid

Saudi Arabia's crown prince Mohammad bin Salman has denied he is planning to launch a takeover bid for English Premier League club Manchester United.

Reports earlier this month suggested that bin Salman was looking to table a £3.8bn bid and take control of the club from its current owners, the Glazer family, which has been involved in the club since 2003.

The rumours were fuelled after a number of United chiefs travelled to Saudi Arabia.

The prince denied the deal in a statement issued via Turki Abdullah Al-Shabanah, the minister of media for Saudi Arabia.

"Reports claiming that HRH the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman intends on buying Manchester United are completely false," the statement reads.

"Manchester United held a meeting with the Public Investment Fund (Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund) to discuss sponsorship opportunities. No deal has been materialised."

https://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/Sports-news/latest/Saudi-crown-prince-denies-£38bn-Man-Utd-takeover-bid/340833

Alexis Sanchez really does need shipping out. £400k a week for a player who makes Nani look like Ronaldo. I think even Bebe and Obertan did more. In his interview the other day he couldn't even speak English. How long has he lived here? Would that not set alarm bells ringing when you went to sign him? "He what? How long has he been in London again? What... not a word? OK, see ya"

The funniest part was his claim that that clattering into a linesman while warming up wasn't the reason for his "not being on my game like I usually am" because his display was exactly like he usually is - absolute shite. 

As soon as Mourinho said he wanted to sign this cunt and pay him best part of £2m a month is the moment he should have been sacked. The fact that Ed Woodward sanctioned the deal and then gave Mourinho a contract extension is also the moment he should have been pushed in front of a lorry

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Everything is denied til it happens.  There is something going on, even if it is only major sponsorship or buying a percentage of the club

Hope not, I don't like the Glazers or any foreign investors taking over any British football clubs, a lot of them would not have a clue what a 4-4-2, a corner flag, a goal or a club tea lady is, they are only interested in the money and global brand name only, the likes of the Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mirror and a few others would sell their grannies or granddads out just to sell a paper. :D   

4 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Arsenal have spent plenty since they moved into the Emirates. I'd be shocked if their current policy of reigning in their spending wasn't due to Wenger's abysmal wage policy, severely overpaying bang average players because he believes in some silly socilaist utopia. Appaently he has a degree in economics too which says a lot about the education system 

Not really compared to Chelsea city and utd. Not on transfers at least. And there wage bills weren't as high either as utd or city. They overtook Chelsea then Chelsea overtook again. Although I do agree they overpayed some players however I use to check the wage bills regularly and we rarely finished below teams with lower wage  bills.  However spurs have overtaken us recently despite spending less on both however that is because of pocentinos exceptional  managment. Wenger made profit on transfers some years and up until 2014 their net spend wasn't even in the top 6 over a five year period I don't think.  This is due to sponsership reasons. Contrary to popular belief  we didn't clear  the stadium debt  by 2014 we are still  paying it now but when certain sponsership deals expired we were able to renegotiate new ones with gave us more money to invest. Doesn't make sense to blame Wenger for not having any investment now. Kronke has even said he is not at arsenal to win trophies

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lukaku's agent just said there may be a possibility he leaves because he wants to win trophies :rofl:

Manchester United 

Lol but where’s he gonna go with a better chance of winning trophies than where he’s at now?!

City? No, they don’t need him. Liverpool? Barca? Again, lol no. Real Madrid? Well they do need a striker, but surely they can do better than Lukaku. Juve? Nah. Bayern? Maybe, but I doubt it. PSG? Maybe, but again I doubt it.

Those are the clubs where I think if you stay for at least 3 years a trophy is pretty much guaranteed (more likely you’d have several by the end of those 3 years).

Everyone else has to fight for it. Particularly in the league in England in this day and age. Where to compete with City and the other big clubs flush with TV money you have to shoot for perfection and hope you don’t miss the mark too badly at the end of it.

Unless he’s saying he wants to fuck off to Celtic. In which case, oh fair enough 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Obviously Mourinho is responsible for some of this as well so they're looking for bites pinning it all on Ole. Nevertheless, the stat as a whole is a bit of an eye-opener as to just how leaky they've been this season 

• Subscriber

Weird what's gone on with Lukaku. He was an absolute physical beast when he played for us yet he bulked up even more and now he's just a Michelin man. Even last season he had a good goalscoring record but right now he looks finished.

United's defensive record shouldn't surprise many people. If you look at it objectively, Young, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof would struggle to get into most mid table sides. Shaw is the only defender they have who's half decent. De Gea's form has to be a concern as he's made far too many uncharacteristic errors over a pretty extensive period of time.