talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

If Ole has any bollocks about him he'll start turfing out the prima donas like Pogba, Lingard, Martial and Lukaku as well as the utter shit like Sanchez, Jones, Smalling, Young etc. 

It is literally square one and the first thing to do is to ensure the dressing room only contains players who have the mentality and character to play for the club. If you want to dab, promote your poncey clothes or spend your life on Instagram then kindly fuck off and do it elsewhere

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ole ain't got the bollocks to even park in his own space. He's got no chance at all.

I fear you're probably right. We'll learn a lot about how tough he is by who is still there next season and what characters he signs

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

I fear you're probably right. We'll learn a lot about how tough he is by who is still there next season and what characters he signs

I think it's looking every inch a classic case of good cop caretaker works a treat for a while, but once that's run out there's very little behind it. It is very Craig Shakespeare.

The things he's said to the media would concern me. I am gobsmacked to hear a Man Utd manager talking about us, Newcastle and Watford as teams he fears as competition. Even if that could be the reality that's an appalling message to give out.

Stressed elsewhere I think you're a very fractured club and it'll take years to recover from it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

1517102337_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.83912fbf5d946ab9f0bbc0bdfd5ffbd6.png

Manchester United appoint Mike Phelan as assistant manager

The 56-year-old returned to United in December as part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's backroom team.

Phelan, who was sacked as Hull City manager in 2017, had most recently held the role of sporting director at Australian side Central Coast Mariners.

He served as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant from 2008 to 2013, having been a first-team coach since 2001.

"Manchester United has been a huge part of my life since I joined as a player in 1989 and I am delighted to be able to continue that relationship in this key role," said Phelan.

Solskjaer said Phelan had been "invaluable" to him, adding: "I've been a player under him, his knowledge, experience, demeanour, everyone in the club enjoys speaking to him, talking to him, discussing football with him, players really respect him, they know what he can do and he's worked with the best.

"I'm very pleased they've finally agreed. When Ed (Woodward) rang me [in December], he [Phelan] was my first port of call to assist me and we're here now for a few years together."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48226047

• Subscriber

And another one bites the dust, shame really as I liked this wee man and gave it all but he wanted more money according to the media so it's goodbye Herrera  :coffee:

119840733_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.b240bfd2ce5346dba86a5460b9cf6538.png

Ander Herrera to leave Man Utd at end of season

Ander Herrera will leave Manchester United when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The news was confirmed on social media on Saturday after widespread speculation about his future.

The 29-year-old Spain midfielder, who joined the club under Louis van Gaal from Athletic Bilbao in 2014, is understood to have agreed terms with Paris St-Germain.

United did attempt to keep Herrera but there was no agreement over terms.

Irritated at the time it took the Old Trafford club to make an offer, Herrera then asked for a wage in line with the club's highest earners.

United felt it was too much, so Herrera will bring to an end his five-year stay at the club this weekend.

It is not known whether Herrera will play any part in Sunday's final Premier League game against Cardiff at Old Trafford.

He scored 20 goals in 189 appearances and won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League.

In an emotional video, Herrera, who won the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award in 2017, voted for by United fans, said: "there is red in my heart".

He added: "Playing for the greatest club in England has been a true honour. Every time I represented this club, in every game, in wins and losses, even when I couldn't help from the grass, I understood what this clubs means."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48237568

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mad that. Your best midfielder in my honest opinion. 

Easily the best one, and the one that shows passion in most games. But hey, at least we gonna keep passengers that will be dabbing and uploading selfies on instagram at half time.

Edited by Fusion

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mad that. Your best midfielder in my honest opinion. 

The wee man shites all over Pogba as a mid-fielder and deserved a wage better than Pogs in my opinion and the same as Mata, just hope he is not next.

5 hours ago, José said:

Pogba is a game changer, one of a kind type of player. Dont judge him by his games with man utd cause even he didnt have the right teammates. Piss poor defence and half ass trying offense, so I dont blame him for the half ass performances. A player of his kind deserves better players around him.

Judge him by his A1 performances with France. 

So you want us to judge him on a handful of games in a shite knockout competition, as opposed to a few full seasons with one of the world's biggest spenders in the worlds most advertised league?

Ok no probs. 

I bet Utd struggle to get rid of him!

Edited by LFCMadLad

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Generational talents don’t spend large chunks of a season being absolutely useless

They also typically aren't described as having the 'wrong team'. Mental that when Barcelona fail it's Messi fault, but when United fail it's because Pogba isn't 'unlocked'. The logic and gynamistics is madness. xD Absolute joker.

United the threeway loser today, spanked by CARDIFF and their only solace is that the team they hate the least out of their two most hated rivals will win the league but that is based on personal preference. xD

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

They also typically aren't described as having the 'wrong team'. Mental that when Barcelona fail it's Messi fault, but when United fail it's because Pogba isn't 'unlocked'. The logic and gynamistics is madness. xD Absolute joker.

I don’t think it’s Pogba’s fault his teammates are crap. But I do think it’s Pogba’s fault he’s crap alongside his crap teammates.

Its not like you’ve seen Messi go missing for long chunks of a season. Because if you did I think this Barca would be fucked

Pogba was never great at Juve, he just played with great midfielders who didn’t rely on him. This side relies on him and he can’t deliver.

Great players lift poor teams, you’ve only got to look at what Gerrard done for years at Liverpool 

Pogba gets a lot of negative attention because he’s black, no doubt about that. But he’s also a record signing who has failed to make an impact consistently. So far the entire Pogba saga for United has been an absolute flop

Edited by Danny

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

Pogba was never great at Juve, he just played with great midfielders who didn’t rely on him. This side relies on him and he can’t deliver.

Great players lift poor teams, you’ve only got to look at what Gerrard done for years at Liverpool 

Pogba gets a lot of negative attention because he’s black, no doubt about that. But he’s also a record signing who has failed to make an impact consistently. So far the entire Pogba saga for United has been an absolute flop

What!? I've never seen this! If it is true, you'd be the first in this thread to mention it! O.o

39 minutes ago, Danny said:

You can get to fuck with that last point. He gets negative attention because he's not that bloody good. He doesn't perform anywhere near the level you'd expect of from a Utd player.