talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
On 15/06/2019 at 18:41, José said:

United are looking to sign 16-year-old forward Ansu Fati, the leading scorer of Barcelona’s youth side.

The aftermath of ignoring la masia. :what: 

United already have a fatty that plays up front.

• Haha 2

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, José said:

Summary of today's rumours involving Man Utd

Man Utd has already rejected a 90 mil offer from RM for Pogba and its prepared to offer him a wage increase (£500,000 a week)

West Ham want martial as part of the deal for Diop :rofl: fuck outta here

Man Utd values Maguire at 40 mil and LcFC values him around 80 mil... lcFC wants to cash in with their players big time before they head to the championship this year apparantly 

You desperately need new material. 

• Subscriber

YEEEEESSSSSSSS  :banana:

DeGea got his buddy Mata at United now maybe DeGea will sign a new deal and fuck you Real. 

113501627_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.22cf93d54fc24b52c6ce4ed3ec49cb67.png

Juan Mata: Manchester United midfielder agrees on a new contract

_107447412_gettyimages-1064803466.jpg

Midfielder Juan Mata has agreed on a new contract at Manchester United.

Mata's present deal expires on 30 June but it is understood he will sign an extension in excess of one year.

Unlike fellow Spaniard Ander Herrera, who is set to join PSG, Mata, 31, continued negotiations with United after the end of the season.

This is the second year in a row United have agreed terms with a senior player long after the campaign has reached its conclusion.

Marouane Fellaini was away at the World Cup with Belgium when his new contract was announced on 29 June last year.

Mata joined United from Chelsea for a club record £37.1m in January 2014.

He has scored 45 goals in 218 appearances and netted in the 2016 FA Cup final win against Crystal Palace.

Mata also started when United won the Europa League and EFL Cup under Jose Mourinho the following season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48683833

Edited by CaaC (John)

1 hour ago, José said:

:( another bad season coming up, thanks to Woodward 

Max Aarons is pretty highly rated tbh. Definitely more of a modern fullback than Wan-Bissaka.

Granted he’s not exactly tested at this level, but neither is that winger you’ve signed

• Subscriber

311336818_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.2553570507bfb7596d1e5a75cd16fe00.png

Class Of '92 Member Tells Story Of When Sir Alex Ferguson Ripped Out His Diamond Earring

Sir Alex Ferguson was a ruthless leader who demanded the utmost respect from his players.

If you fell below expectations, the no-nonsense, passionate Ferguson would dish out his famous hairdryer treatment; just ask former Manchester United defender John O'Kane.

O'Kane, who came through the Class Of '92 ranks with Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham, turned up to the Cliff Training Ground wearing a diamond earring.

It didn't go down well with the former United boss:

"I was 18 and I thought why not go for a diamond earring," he told SPORTbible.

"We were on decent money at the time. £200 a week in fact. That was a lot of money for the Class Of '92 back in those days.

"We went into training and as I was walking up the stairs at the Cliff training ground, my earring was glistening.

"Sir Alex must have been blinded by the sparkling. He just looked at me and said: "office now."

"I was sh*tting myself thinking 'what have I done now' as I was quite a free spirit. I think that's what he likes about me,

"He then said 'what the f*cks that in your ear?' I replied: "what do you mean boss?" - his face went red and pulled it out.

"He said there's not a chance that is being worn here. Ferguson saw everything. You couldn't get away with anything."

O'Kane went on to speak about Jesse Lingard, who caused controversy this week after he posted a bizarre tour around his apartment in Miami.

The 44-year-old believes manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has to stamp his authority on players:

"When I see Jesse Lingard posting this pointless stuff for his Instagram followers, and the timing especially at the moment, I find it embarrassing for the club," he said.

"If he did all these antics and nobody knew, then who cares. We used to get up to all sorts and the first team did as well.

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs to stamp his authority ASAP. He should build on the youth coming through and add a few diamonds in the transfer markets."

The 44-year-old then suggested that United should be in the transfer market for the likes of Aaron Wan Bissaka and James Maddison, while some players are simply not good enough:

"Fans have to get behind Solskjaer, which they will," he said.

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have his work cut out though because some players just seem to want to just make money. They don't care what goes on the pitch.

"The fact that older players have also been given extensions is horrendous.

"Manchester City would have sold these players five years ago. Young, Smalling and Jones in particular. As for Pogba's influence off the pitch, he needs to be sold. United need to be building.

"Lukaku and Matic also need to be sold. They are far too slow on the ball."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-exclusives-the-story-of-when-ferguson-spotted-player-wearing-diamond-earring-20190621?source=facebook?source=twitter

Edited by CaaC (John)
Insert

• Subscriber

323320086_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.c8631c97162cadd3fb8c4cac44ba4790.png

Nemanja Vidic Names The Toughest Opponent In His 16 Year Career

Despite being one of the finest defenders to ever grace the Premier League, Nemanja Vidic's reputation is often tainted by memories of Fernando Torres giving him the runaround during Manchester United's duels with Liverpool.

That's before Torres signed for Chelsea and forgot how to score.

However, the Serb doesn't believe the Spaniard was his toughest ever opponent.

Vidic was memorably sent off during Liverpool's 4-1 mauling of United at Old Trafford in the 2008/09 season, as he slipped and dragged Torres to the ground, with the former Atleti hitman clean through on goal.

The former United defender believes this game is the only time he struggled against his Spanish opponent, rather than the numerous time's rival fans constantly bring up.

Instead, the former United captain, who won five Premier League titles, a Champions League and three League Cups during his eight-year stay in England, believes Didier Drogba provided him with his most strenuous challenges, while Sergio Aguero and Luis Suarez were the best players he played against.

In the interview with  FourFourTwo, the former United and Serbia captain explained:

"People say: 'You had a difficult game against Torres', but it was just the one game. I went to head the ball but changed my mind and tried to pass to Edwin [van der Sar]. I misjudged the distance and Torres scored.

"Drogba was tougher. Torres always created a chance to score, but Drogba was on you for the full game.

"Drogba was physically the hardest; [Luis] Suarez and [Sergio] Aguero were the best."

And let's not forget, Drogba was the only striker brave enough to hit Vidic, getting himself sent off during the 2008 Champions League final for slapping the Serbian centre half in the face.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-nemanja-vidic-names-the-toughest-opponent-in-his-16-year-career-20190622?source=facebook?source=twitter

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Looks like the Wan-Bissaka transfer is happening. Salary increase of £80,000 per week!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48770843

Aye, I posted such in the Transfer thread, we must have posted at the same time in different threads. :D

Edited by CaaC (John)

On 23/06/2019 at 03:17, CaaC (John) said:

323320086_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.c8631c97162cadd3fb8c4cac44ba4790.png

Nemanja Vidic Names The Toughest Opponent In His 16 Year Career

Despite being one of the finest defenders to ever grace the Premier League, Nemanja Vidic's reputation is often tainted by memories of Fernando Torres giving him the runaround during Manchester United's duels with Liverpool.

That's before Torres signed for Chelsea and forgot how to score.

However, the Serb doesn't believe the Spaniard was his toughest ever opponent.

Vidic was memorably sent off during Liverpool's 4-1 mauling of United at Old Trafford in the 2008/09 season, as he slipped and dragged Torres to the ground, with the former Atleti hitman clean through on goal.

The former United defender believes this game is the only time he struggled against his Spanish opponent, rather than the numerous time's rival fans constantly bring up.

Instead, the former United captain, who won five Premier League titles, a Champions League and three League Cups during his eight-year stay in England, believes Didier Drogba provided him with his most strenuous challenges, while Sergio Aguero and Luis Suarez were the best players he played against.

In the interview with  FourFourTwo, the former United and Serbia captain explained:

"People say: 'You had a difficult game against Torres', but it was just the one game. I went to head the ball but changed my mind and tried to pass to Edwin [van der Sar]. I misjudged the distance and Torres scored.

"Drogba was tougher. Torres always created a chance to score, but Drogba was on you for the full game.

"Drogba was physically the hardest; [Luis] Suarez and [Sergio] Aguero were the best."

And let's not forget, Drogba was the only striker brave enough to hit Vidic, getting himself sent off during the 2008 Champions League final for slapping the Serbian centre half in the face.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-nemanja-vidic-names-the-toughest-opponent-in-his-16-year-career-20190622?source=facebook?source=twitter

Drogba was probably such a frustrating player to play against. A very physical striker... but also one that would go down as softly as Neymar (minus the stupid fucking rolling around like a twat) if a defender had the nerve to give some physicality back to him. Disagree with Vidic that he only had one rough game against Torres, I remember Torres always running him ragged. But yeah, I'd probably agree with him that Drogba was the toughest attacking player to go up against for a lot of defenders in that era of the premier league. He was a beast.

Vidic vs Torres thing only really hit mainstream after the 4-1 game. Don't really recall Torres tormenting Vidic bar that moment. 

You should see a young Torres vs Puyol though. Think Torres is the only player to really make prime Puyol look like a mug. 

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Vidic vs Torres thing only really hit mainstream after the 4-1 game. Don't really recall Torres tormenting Vidic bar that moment. 

You should see a young Torres vs Puyol though. Think Torres is the only player to really make prime Puyol look like a mug. 

One example is in that same season as the 4-1... but a few months before that, he made Vidic look like an amateur defender... and he was sent off there as well.

Torres before he joined us had a history of absolutely humiliating Barca. It was enjoyable.

• Subscriber

£280k a week apparently. Absolutely dying of laughter. What the hell has he ever done to justify that?

Sorry, the Rashford hype is an absolute mystery to me.