talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's not an emotional pain competition. Cheater or not, it's much easier to judge someone than to really understand them. A pain shares is a pained halved, and as far as I know putting a story in the spotlight can help others. You can look at it through the idea of 'exploitation' if you really must but I'd rather think of the people it could have help through empathy and shared experiences. For some, even knowing that the millionaire footballer with everything material in this world can suffer through similar emotions is enough.

I know what you're saying is coming from a good place and I would never devalue someone's loss. Loss is one thing all humans experience in common and knows no top and bottom. However, using it to build up your PR image is abhorrent and I think that's what Ferdinand was doing. Perhaps I'm wrong and I know im too cynical about most things but I doubt his sincerity. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No matter if you think a DOF is required or not, I cant believe Woodward can come out and say this. He should be removed as soon as possible, absolutely shocking. 

No reason to believe Wan Bissaka, Maguire and James won't be good acquisitions to be fair, so he may be correct about this summer, but it's indefensible to act as if the massive fees splashed on Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Sanchez (wages) etc. have been justified.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

No reason to believe Wan Bissaka, Maguire and James won't be good acquisitions to be fair, so he may be correct about this summer, but it's indefensible to act as if the massive fees splashed on Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Sanchez (wages) etc. have been justified.

I agree but for him to say our way of recruitment is the right one is ridiculous. He can't just look at this summer, his whole body of work since being at the club has been shambolic. The bloke is a massive weapon. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree but for him to say our way of recruitment is the right one is ridiculous. He can't just look at this summer, his whole body of work since being at the club has been shambolic. The bloke is a massive weapon. 

I know, it's hilarious.

6 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree with you but maybe we should keep it to ourselves, because I’m enjoying this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vegan Kel said:

But you have to win it to win the World Club Cup. You could be the second British side to ever win it if Liverpool don't win it this season at the sixth attempt...

Another micky mouse comp ;)  ..what is the best tasting vegan chicken burger?  ..the Pagan one's are awesome but cant find a nice tasting vegan version

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Another micky mouse comp ;)  ..what is the best tasting vegan chicken burger?  ..the Pagan one's are awesome but cant find a nice tasting vegan version

Best I've had are from Rudy's Dirty Vegan Diner and Temple of Seitan. Had a nice one from a stall in Tottenham last Sunday too. Marli's Vegan Kitchen I think it was

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Do supermarkets not sell a good one?

I usually just buy plant based wholefoods. The only meat substitutes I eat are Beyond Burger and Shwarma doner kebab/steaks. I don't think we should be posting vegan stuff here though or we'll get a telling off. There's a vegan thread for this B|

Just now, Vegan Kel said:

I usually just buy plant based wholefoods. The only meat substitutes I eat are Beyond Burger and Shwarma doner kebab/steaks. I don't think we should be posting vegan stuff here though or we'll get a telling off. There's a vegan thread for this B|

The mods are chill, don't worry about it  ..plus it's more interesting than talk about united ;)

West Ham are in reportedly talks over the signing of 16-year-old striker Mipo Odubeko — who scored 35 goals for Manchester United’s academy last season.

That’s according to 90 Min, who ran their story on the Republic of Ireland U-17 international on Saturday, noting how he rejected ah offer from the Red Devils in July and left Old Trafford following the expiration of his contract.

United have apparently continued their attempts to convince the player to sign but without success. Perhaps the player and his representatives believe his development will be best served away from Manchester, but that’s hardly accurate when you see the amount of youngsters Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has brought into the first team since becoming manager earlier this year. 

Being a free agent at 17, any club signing him would need to pay compensation which could be set by a tribunal unless the two clubs can agree on a figure between them.

Meanwhile, United have recently been linked with a move for 15-year-old West Ham defender Jamal Baptiste, who has played for the U-23s this season. He’s used to playing well above his age and made 14 appearances for the U-18s last season, as well as representing England at U-16 level.

If there’s no way to convince Odubeko to re-sign at United, and he fancies joining the Hammers, perhaps we could wiggle some deal in that could see Baptiste go the other way?

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

West Ham are in reportedly talks over the signing of 16-year-old striker Mipo Odubeko — who scored 35 goals for Manchester United’s academy last season.

That’s according to 90 Min, who ran their story on the Republic of Ireland U-17 international on Saturday, noting how he rejected ah offer from the Red Devils in July and left Old Trafford following the expiration of his contract.

United have apparently continued their attempts to convince the player to sign but without success. Perhaps the player and his representatives believe his development will be best served away from Manchester, but that’s hardly accurate when you see the amount of youngsters Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has brought into the first team since becoming manager earlier this year. 

Being a free agent at 17, any club signing him would need to pay compensation which could be set by a tribunal unless the two clubs can agree on a figure between them.

Meanwhile, United have recently been linked with a move for 15-year-old West Ham defender Jamal Baptiste, who has played for the U-23s this season. He’s used to playing well above his age and made 14 appearances for the U-18s last season, as well as representing England at U-16 level.

If there’s no way to convince Odubeko to re-sign at United, and he fancies joining the Hammers, perhaps we could wiggle some deal in that could see Baptiste go the other way?

How the mighty have fallen. Cant even keep hold of a 16 yr old :rofl: