talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thought De Gea would have been a decent shout.

De Gea would never be another Peter 'The Great' Schmeichel as a captain, he is to quiet but when Schmeichel yelled at the players they shit a brick and listened, I can remember the penalty save he made in the 99 FA Cup Semi-Final against Bergkamp, the players rushed up to him to congratulate him and he waved them away more or less telling them "FUCK OFF, GO AWAY...THE GAME HAS NOT FINISHED" and they listened.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

De Gea would never be another Peter 'The Great' Schmeichel as a captain, he is to quiet but when Schmeichel yelled at the players they shit a brick and listened, I can remember the penalty save he made in the 99 FA Cup Semi-Final against Bergkamp, the players rushed up to him to congratulate him and he waved them away more or less telling them "FUCK OFF, GO AWAY...THE GAME HAS NOT FINISHED" and they listened.

A lot of keepers do this whether they are captain or not though. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

A lot of keepers do this whether they are captain or not though. 

De Gea is still to quite to me plus I have never liked a goalkeeper as a captain, besides being vocal they need to move around the pitch, Maguire is ok but he would never be another Vidic, Rio or Keane etc.

One guy who has left United now thanks to the arseholes Woody & the Glazers I liked a lot was Andy Herrera and I would have loved him as being Captain of United, he bled his heart out for United and Woody and the mob would not give him a decent contract extension but paid out a lot of dosh for arseholes like Pogba, Fred and Alexis Sánchez etc but that's United nowadays with that mob in charge.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Ouch. 

This make Ole look even worse considering he surely would have knock about the single stress fracture before bringing him on at Wolves?! 

Thought he covered this in the post-match interview by saying it was 'complicated' and left it at that. I don't know how you'd let someone play with an existing stress fracture and then potentially increase the length of the recovery time as a result now. However, the medical staff probably knew what they were doing, we hope.

It could also be that the initial injury wasn't as bad as it seemed and the player didn't totally notice it till the two compounded on each other?

Edited by Mel81x

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

So much for Ole bedding in the young lads, this one is off again on loan O.o  :whistling:

Eh? 

He's still blooding in youngsters isn't he? Brandon Williams is a huge standout of a very bad bunch of players right now. Greenwood doing fairly well. McTominay has had spells of notable form as well. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Eh? 

He's still blooding in youngsters isn't he? Brandon Williams is a huge standout of a very bad bunch of players right now. Greenwood doing fairly well. McTominay has had spells of notable form as well. 

He is a good young lad and Ole should be playing him with the others instead of shunting him off or maybe Woody had something to do with it. 

• Administrator
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

He is a good young lad and Ole should be playing him with the others instead of shunting him off or maybe Woody had something to do with it. 

Maybe he's just not good enough though? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Eh? 

Yeah there's loads you can use to criticise Solskjaer but sending a lad on loan to Oldham isn't one of them. Don't know who he is but he can't be a future United first teamer if he's off to Oldham. 

Also McTominay was brought through by Mourinho wasn't he? He's also not a kid, he's 23!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah there's loads you can use to criticise Solskjaer but sending a lad on loan to Oldham isn't one of them. Don't know who he is but he can't be a future United first teamer if he's off to Oldham. 

Also McTominay was brought through by Mourinho wasn't he? He's also not a kid, he's 23!

Thought he was younger! But Ole is still playing him even if brought in by another manager. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thought he was younger! But Ole is still playing him even if brought in by another manager

Nah, McTominay is 23 and he was associated with the United youth academy when he was 5, Cameron Jackson was the same, associated with the United youth academy when he was a 6-year-old, 2 good youth products to me and I have said in here before that McTominay would make a great future United captain.

It seems that Ole is relying too much on Shaw as a left-back that's Cameron Jackson's position and I would rather bed him in the first team than Shaw, the later is too much of an injury liability and can be a big sook if he gets any criticism, these are my thoughts only though,  @DeadLinesman what's your thoughts on this?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, McTominay is 23 and he was associated with the United youth academy when he was 5, Cameron Jackson was the same, associated with the United youth academy when he was a 6-year-old, 2 good youth products to me and I have said in here before that McTominay would make a great future United captain.

It seems that Ole is relying too much on Shaw as a left-back that's Cameron Jackson's position and I would rather bed him in the first team than Shaw, the later is too much of an injury liability and can be a big sook if he gets any criticism, these are my thoughts only though,  @DeadLinesman what's your thoughts on this?

But Williams is being bedded in there and he's clearly better?