talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Liverpool have done superbly here. Defensively they've been exceptional. How many blocks has Milner put in? How many clearances have Lovren and Van Dijk made?

They were under pressure given the early goal but since then, have Man City even had any clear-cut chances? I wouldn't even say they've parked the bus, either. They've just handled pressure really, really well. 

We've denied clear cut chances, I don't know if I'd say we've done superbly. We never look comfortable when we're not on the front foot. And I don't think this match is any different to that tbh.

BOBBY!!!!

Happy can finally go to bed now knowing even a miracle will not be enough to save them in the last 15 minutes... 

Well played Liverpool... done the hard work in the first leg and although they started badly tonight they got what they needed.. away goals.. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Night :bye:   ...we stopped playing after the first goal, congrats to Liverpool

Strange really the goals you have scored they should have kept going

11 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

We've been solid since we scored, and the midfield has improved.

I switched the channel, but I had a feeling you would nick it. The bits I saw after Salah's goal City looked demoralized.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th March - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • Subscriber

What a progression its been with City. Lost the first, beat them in the second but let goals in and then its just been win after win. Now to see who we get in the next round and thankfully it isn't Barcelona. 

I’m a bit disappointed we can’t now beat Barcelona in the semi’s but I suppose Roma will do with Madrid being our last scalp in the final. 

Get your money on us to win it because it’s happening. 

Also... How come @Cannabis was nowhere to be seen after we scored when he was all over this thread like clap when City scored? 

Funny that :what:

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’m a bit disappointed we can’t now beat Barcelona in the semi’s but I suppose Roma will do with Madrid being our last scalp in the final. 

Get your money on us to win it because it’s happening. 

Think Teso will disappear if that happened xD

Just now, Cicero said:

Think Teso will disappear if that happened xD

I think we can win it mate. I think we are the best attacking side left in it and our defense is much better than it was. 

I honestly don’t care who we get in the semi’s. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Sane wasn't offside even if it had been his own player, it's a massive let off for us. Don't think it'll mean much, reckon were gonna bottle this shit.

He was. Got to be two defenders there (assuming one of these is normally always the keeper) and Karius had come out.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived