talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

With that lineup you posted and the way Liverpool play, guranteed they knick a goal or two. 

The best way to defend is to attack and keep the ball, at our best they will be chasing the ball around all night with that line up and our pitch is alot bigger than Liverpool's who have one of the smallest pitches

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You think 5 goals is beyond us?   ..last time they played at the Etihad they lost 5-0 :)

It's absolutely not beyond you and I am a bit nervous for tonight but we are a completely different team to that one back in September. The state of the defence that started that game for us! The form of Karius and additions Van Dijk and Robertson to the back four make a huge difference to us. There's also the factor of the 10 men. It was a fairly even game up until that point

If any team in this country can turn this around it's City but I think we should be ok as we're capable of scoring at least one

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's absolutely not beyond you and I am a bit nervous for tonight but we are a completely different team to that one back in September. The state of the defence that started that game for us! The form of Karius and additions Van Dijk and Robertson to the back four make a huge difference to us. There's also the factor of the 10 men. It was a fairly even game up until that point

If any team in this country can turn this around it's City but I think we should be ok as we're capable of scoring at least one

You are in good form tbf and we seem to have dipped a bit the last few weeks   ...i think we will go out but wont fully believe on tell you score 2 goals  ..i'm not putting any money on us though xD

I'm shitting myself for this one tbh. And I probably won't be until the final whistle. An away goal or two would be quality to calm the nerves.

I hope Gini puts in a massive performance today. With our captain suspended, he's got a big role to play tonight. Citeh have to come at us from the first kick and I know they will and they have a scary amount of firepower. Theoretically that plays into our hands, but it's still easy to be very nervous about a team as good as theirs.

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Christ!! 3-0 up  ..shouldn't it be me that's worrying? xD

Nah in the last few years you've seen your club become a force. Meanwhile I've seen Liverpool snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory that I have developed extreme weariness over good things happening, it's usually suspicious.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Christ!! 3-0 up  ..shouldn't it be me that's worrying? xD

I'd imagine those PSG fans thought the same thing to themselves before it all went wrong, horribly wrong. Having said that if this is anything like the game against Dortmund I will remember it for a long long time.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah in the last few years you've seen your club become a force. Meanwhile I've seen Liverpool snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory that I have developed extreme weariness over good things happening, it's usually suspicious.

Pep's already talking about next season like he believe's we are already out, i think we have run out of steam mate and will lose again to you and Spurs  ..to turn this around we need to be at our best, i think we are off form at the minute

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

way back when madrid was down 2-0 in the first leg against wolfsburg, i did not watch the 2nd leg, i couldn't take the paranoia and excitement mixed together .... so what i did was i opened google in around 1 am and i just typed in search .. REAL MADRID NEWS ... and bam !!  3-0 win.  

7 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

way back when madrid was down 2-0 in the first leg against wolfsburg, i did not watch the 2nd leg, i couldn't take the paranoia and excitement mixed together .... so what i did was i opened google in around 1 am and i just typed in search .. REAL MADRID NEWS ... and bam !!  3-0 win.  

Wow. Some fan you are. 

You are as big of a pussy as @SirBalon for not watching the 2010 world cup final. 

• Administrator

i'm actually buzzing for this game because of the sheer potential it has to be an absolutely quality game with lots of attacking football. Reminds me of the Barca/PSG game. One team has to go all out to chase the game and get a few goals. The other team needs to defend against that but may also go out to get a goal to make it even harder for the home side. 

I make no apologies for it ending 0-0 now that I've said that though.

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wow. Some fan you are. 

You are as big of a pussy as @SirBalon for not watching the 2010 world cup final. 

I haven’t watched a final in years mate. xD

It’s true though... The pressure is too much and I would classify myself as a pussy in that respect. But I don’t want to die prematurely from a heart attack to be honest. O.o

Is Pep copying King Southgate and playing Walker as a centre back? That City line up is so attacking but I can't believe Aguero isn't starting.

Liverpool bus arrives with no trouble. Liverpool fans 'it happens at every ground' 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Is Pep copying King Southgate and playing Walker as a centre back? That City line up is so attacking but I can't believe Aguero isn't starting.

Liverpool bus arrives with no trouble. Liverpool fans 'it happens at every ground' 

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Looks like a 3-3-4 formation for City then. Aguero on the bench :o.

Be on the plane and driving home for most of this unfortunately.

looks like it'll be...

Ederson

Walker - Laporte - Otamendi

Fernandinho

Sterling                                           Sane

De Bruyne - Silva - Silva

Jesus

@Happy Blue can probably enlighten us!

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived