talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

I was watching a U17 game between Montreal Impact and Tijuana earlier today and Montreal couldn't make a proper pass or make a first touch. I can't tell the difference between that side and Liverpool at the moment.

One thing is not getting out of your half because of how well the opposition is playing, another thing is making terrible first touches, bad passing and bad positioning. This doesn't look like a top team or a side that just beat City 3-0 last week.

Liverpool need to wake up otherwise they will be going out.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Pool doing the complete opposite of the last match which plays right into City hands... Not closing down the space quickly only shadowing the runs by the City players... 

Liverpool have one of the smallest's pitches but ours is too big for them to close us down 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

We are out if we don’t get some sort of grip on this game. It’s impossible to withstand this sort of pressure until the end. 

I said in the last thread that this sort of thing would happen if you try to sit back, but the thing is I'm not even convinced you lot are trying to do that.

The passing out of defence has been terrible. Liverpools own enemy are themselves at the moment.

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Looked like one of those dives you get in the pool while pissed as fuck on holiday in magaluf with your mates... 

i can confirm I never did such a thing when I was there!

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I said in the last thread that this sort of thing would happen if you try to sit back, but the thing is I'm not even convinced you lot are trying to do that.

The passing out of defence has been terrible. Liverpools own enemy are themselves at the moment.

You have to give credit to City though, we just haven't worked them out as of yet 

Liverpool looking better in the last 5 minutes. Their positioning has gotten better and are reaching City's box more. This is a bit better from them.

Just now, LFCMike said:

You have to give credit to City though, we just haven't worked them out as of yet 

I've never rated Fernandinho but I have to admit, for being the lone midfielder he's doing a superb job.

7 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

We are doing everything wrong. The tactics that work against city are the ones we aren't using. Wtf? 

Mentality. 1st leg, you technically had nothing to lose. Those 3 goals are a security blanket and subconsciously work against you, even if you try different tactics.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived