talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just said on Twitter but Fernandinho is an unsung hero in this City side.

Lot of admiration for Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and anyone else attacking-wise but he keeps them together going forward or tracking back. Great player. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mentality. 1st leg, you technically had nothing to lose. Those 3 goals are a security blanket and subconsciously work against you, even if you try different tactics.

I got made fun of for saying that a 2-0 lead could be the worst lead to have depending on the circumstances. 3-0 leads are great but sometimes it can mess with your brain. Ask PSG.

No more of that please. Come on lads, we need a better approach second half. We can't dig in against these lot tonight. Cause we are going out if the second half is anything like the first, flood gates will open eventually.

Will the Ox get called up to England? I haven't seen a second of him at Liverpool before last week but I've been seriously impressed. Orchestrating that midfield really well, maybe not consistent today but when there is an attack he's been troubling City in both legs. I hope to see him in Russia.

• Subscriber

Liverpool been very lucky here. Man City totally bossed this. To be expected but they're lucky it's only 1. That Bernardo effort is as fine a margin a you'll see and the Sane goal is onside as well.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Will the Ox get called up to England? I haven't seen a second of him at Liverpool before last week but I've been seriously impressed. Orchestrating that midfield really well, maybe not consistent today but when there is an attack he's been troubling City in both legs. I hope to see him in Russia.

He probably should be, but who knows.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He probably should be, but who knows.

Been my favourite player to watch over these 2 legs. He has been so dynamic.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

he is already in the England squad. And based on current form and his good performances in the Liverpool side all season he should 100% be going to Russia with the squad this summer. 

• Administrator

can someone tell that fucking melt (Steve McManaman) that the offside rule doesn't apply if it comes off a defending player and in to an attacking player.

The ball hit Milner (?) and rebounded to Sane. That goal should have stood. 

Just now, Stan said:

he is already in the England squad. And based on current form and his good performances in the Liverpool side all season he should 100% be going to Russia with the squad this summer. 

Hope he plays as a central midfielder and not a winger. I was an avid follower of the PL when he was still playing for Arsenal and I didn't really think he was very good, so I'm a bit surprised at how he's changed in general. As a central midfielder, he reminds me of Zielinski who is another one of my favourite players. Very dynamic with a powerful shot and great off the ball movement. He's an orchestra.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

can someone tell that fucking melt (Steve McManaman) that the offside rule doesn't apply if it comes off a defending player and in to an attacking player.

The ball hit Milner (?) and rebounded to Sane. That goal should have stood. 

I thought the defender needs to play it deliberately?

• Subscriber

Haven't seen any of this tie but how nailed on were Liverpool's apparent offside goal, City's penalty they should have had and disallowed goal in the first leg? From what I'm hearing sounds like this disallowed goal was wrong at least/too. Never hear the end of all that if it was United and Mourinho :whistling:.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Haven't seen any of this tie but how nailed on were Liverpool's apparent offside goal, City's penalty they should have had and disallowed goal in the first leg? From what I'm hearing sounds like this disallowed goal was wrong at least/too. Never hear the end of all that if it was United and Mourinho :whistling:.

Never a truer word spoken.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived