talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, to be fair, I think quite a few posters on here would be really good pundits. I think we've got a lot of people who can solidly analyse the football they've seen and give more insightful comments than a lot of former pros that end up getting that job. But it's a hell of a lot easier to report back on the good/bad of what you've seen than it is to set up a side to play and do the good things that win football matches and avoid the bad things that lose football matches.

And I'm not surprised for one second that Frank Lampard and Gary Neville, two very good players who had very good football brains, are good pundits. That's sort of what I'd expect (although I didn't think I'd find Neville to be as impartial as he is, but it's cool that he is). But yeah, it's a lot fucking easier to be a good pundit than a good manager.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing Lampard go into management and do well. He's a legend of the English game, and it would be cool to see him further his legend by being a quality manager. But I think he's got to start at the right level rather than bite off more than he can chew.

I've seen a of people on here who I think could do  better punditry than say a Merson or a savage. I don't think many if any could do better punditry than a Neville or lampard etc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I've seen a of people on here who I think could do  better punditry than say a Merson a savage. I don't think many if any could do better punditry than a Neville or lampard etc

Sounds about right, mate.

• City's defence has let them down in both legs. Poor in the first leg, and both goals tonight poor defensively. Otamendi has been well and truly found out.
  • City have been very unlucky over both legs decision's wise. The Sane goal was embarrassing to miss. But they never created enough opportunities over 180 minutes. How many saves did Karius really make? I am struggling to count them all on one hand.
  • Alexander Arnold has been fantastic in both games. So much so, Sane lost the confidence to run at him and take him on always cutting inside.
  • Van Dijk has been a total game changer for this team. You would have to say that from what we've seen so far, that money for him looks like it could be justified (Ok the first goal was from his pass but you could argue it was a foul and Karius shouldn't have given him the ball there anyway) His influence at the back is beginning to show. He was a magnet to every cross that came in, he even has Lovren performing because he's so commanding.
  • City need a plan B for some games. It's great playing the football they do but sometimes you need a Dzeko/Negredo to mix things up.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sounds about right, mate.

In regards to your other point. Like you I think its quite easy to point out problems. The hard part is sorting them out.  I don't mind pundits critising. What I don't like is the arrogant pundits like Charlie Nicolas who walk around like they can do better

For some reason I can't upvote or make the laughy face on posts anymore in this thread - because none of the ones I've wanted to give to @LFCMadLad, @Stan, @Gunnersauraus, @Mantis Toboggan M.D., and @Lucas (btw, you're doing well at Lazio mate, making me proud!).

Don't know what's up with that. But each one of you, give yourselves an imaginary internet point (Gunnersaurus, I think I would have given you 2) on my behalf to make up for it.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

For some reason I can't upvote or make the laughy face on posts anymore in this thread - because none of the ones I've wanted to give to @LFCMadLad, @Stan, @Gunnersauraus, @Mantis Toboggan M.D., and @Lucas (btw, you're doing well at Lazio mate, making me proud!).

Don't know what's up with that. But each one of you, give yourselves an imaginary internet point (Gunnersaurus, I think I would have given you 2) on my behalf to make up for it.

Probably used the quota up for the day! 

Just now, Stan said:

Probably used the quota up for the day! 

Is there a quota? Lol, whoopsies. Guess that's what happens when you're riding a wave of pure elation from starting a match going a goal down and thinking you're about to be a part of one of the biggest bottle jobs in European football history... to winning 5-1 aggregate against the best side in England (are they the most expensive too? I think so, lovely) and you want to share it with the glorious people of TF365.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Teso dos Bichos is not just a nickname but a lifestyle.

Deep. As. Fuck.

Expected Liverpool to go through but not in a million years I thought they would win the away leg. Klopp has done wonders with that group of players.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

People moan when England don’t compete in Europe but when the most successful English club ever progress to the semi’s there’s a meltdown. 

Probably because most people can't be arsed with the inevitable calls of 'FAAAHVE TAAAHMES' after a decade of Liverpool FC playing summer ping pong with the champions of Malta.

That aside, from what I have seen on the highlights (were City really that flaccid?), Liverpool were immaculate tonight and deserve to go through.  Jurgen Klopp is a football genius (at least, when he's not playing 16th in the Premier League)...

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Strange really the goals you have scored they should have kept going

When the refs have given the other team 4 goals over the legs, what can you do..

1st Leg 2-2

Offside goal for Liverpool given

Onside goal for City not given

Clear penalty on Sterling not given

2nd Leg 3-2

2 onside goals for City not given

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I think we will lose against Spurs at the weekend now too xD    ...hope we can limp over the line, these 3 loses would of rocked us

Is this the first time Guardiola's lost 3 in a row?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope not. I'm honestly gutted you didn't win it against United.

That would of been the best way to win it but we had one eye on you lot too  ..that first leg has rattled us, hope we get over it soon

• Subscriber

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I think we will lose against Spurs at the weekend now too xD    ...hope we can limp over the line, these 3 loses would of rocked us

City were definitely unlucky and I am not going to say that we totally dominated them last night because in the first half they were superb. The ref incorrectly decided not to award the goal from Sane but that's just what we've come to expect across the continent now. Having said that now they have nothing to worry about and can focus on finishing the season strong and winning the league.  You'll are going to hammer whoever you'll play next because Guardiola will want that kind of response to to getting knocked out of the CL. 

In the first half felt it should have been 2-0, Liverpool defended deep and played on the counters. Not sure what to say about the disallowed goal, Sane was not in offside but kinda used to shit referees. However after Suarez don't think Liverpool had a better player in terms of delivering always, after Salah got his goal it was done. Liverpool finished 80% of the work in that first game and Anfield and overall deserved their semi. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

Archived