talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Haven't seen any of this tie but how nailed on were Liverpool's apparent offside goal, City's penalty they should have had and disallowed goal in the first leg? From what I'm hearing sounds like this disallowed goal was wrong at least/too. Never hear the end of all that if it was United and Mourinho :whistling:.

You should have watched our matches against Monaco and the first three in this season's group stage. 7 penalties not awarded, 3 goals wrongfully disallowed and the opponent scored 4 irregular goals that were given. All in five games.

• Administrator

I'm just glad McManaman has reiterated the fact that Man City need to score a couple more goals. Don't know what we'd do without that font of knowledge tbh

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Pep sent to the stands xD the circus rolls on.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol Pep sent to the stands for no reason.

Bet it was for giving it the big un to the ref when half time whistle was blown and he rushed on to bring the players off... 

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Haven't seen any of this tie but how nailed on were Liverpool's apparent offside goal, City's penalty they should have had and disallowed goal in the first leg? From what I'm hearing sounds like this disallowed goal was wrong at least/too. Never hear the end of all that if it was United and Mourinho :whistling:.

Have we heard the end of it considering that's now at least 2 people that have brought it up?

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have we heard the end of it considering that's now at least 2 people that have brought it up?

Is two people a lot given the activity of the forum and the size of the occasion? It's true though, if this was Man Utd or Real Madrid or maybe Chelsea then people would still talk about this tie in 5 years time as a conspiracy.

Tie over now anyway. Disappointing. I will begrudgingly congratulate the reds on here because they're decent lads but I hope yous get bummed in the next round.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Is two people a lot given the activity of the forum and the size of the occasion? It's true though, if this was Man Utd or Real Madrid or maybe Chelsea then people would still talk about this tie in 5 years time as a conspiracy.

Tie over now anyway. Disappointing. I will begrudgingly congratulate the reds on here because they're decent lads but I hope yous get bummed in the next round.

Well I've seen Chelsea fans talk about the "ghost goal" even 10 years after that match... so I doubt we've heard the last of it. Not really arsed tbh, we've lost a lot of points in the league through ref errors... if it's going to even itself out in the CL, I'll take it.

You're the bigger man than me because: 1.) I'd keep holding out hope that Citeh can make a comeback if I was in your shoes, 2.) I probably wouldn't congratulate you or @Cannabis despite me thinking you two are ace xD - but also I'm a Liverpool fan, so I've learned to not unclench 'til the final whistle.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why the fuck was VVD booked then xD

Obviously getting nearly kicked in the face by Sterling constitutes dangerous play.

Nah, this referee doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing. No clue what he's doing at a CL quarter-final - he's clearly not cut out for it. Pretty crazy he's on the shortlist to go to the World Cup, yet no English referees are. We've got some bad refs, but we've got better refs than this fucker.

Having said that, I'm thankful for the wrongfully disallowed goal and sending Pep off.

• Administrator

Liverpool have done superbly here. Defensively they've been exceptional. How many blocks has Milner put in? How many clearances have Lovren and Van Dijk made?

They were under pressure given the early goal but since then, have Man City even had any clear-cut chances? I wouldn't even say they've parked the bus, either. They've just handled pressure really, really well. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Man City (1) 1-2 (5) Liverpool (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived