talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be very premature for me to say Fazio should be called up to Argentina based on just this one match, but if he has been like this all season with Roma, surely he can be an option for Argentina in the World Cup. He has been outstanding here.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th March - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

Fully deserved for Roma!

That performance from Barcelona isn't worth anything and deserved to be punished in the greatest of fashions which it duly was.  Piqué was a total disaster and looked like he was playing injured (has looked that way for almost a month now) and Semedo was absolutely terrible and a non entity.

Roma can't win this, but who can take away their moment of singular glory.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Roma Liverpool. Two teams that can't compete in their domestic league's. Yeah. Great final.

Sadly, I think Real Madrid are nailed on to win the UCL now.

Bayern should they get through tomorrow for me will lose to any of the 3 remaining.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Roma Liverpool. Two teams that can't compete in their domestic league's. Yeah. Great final.

Would you say the same for Madrid? Cause they're doing so well in their domestic league right?...

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Would you say the same for Madrid? Cause they're doing so well in their domestic league right?...

Yep. Even Bayern given the way they started this competition can't honestly they say they're the best team in Europe if they win The Champions League. The competition has gone to shit this year.

Everything that has happened this season and whatever is achieved by the end of it has now been over shadowed as it will always be remembered by most fans in general for this absolute embarrassment and one of the worst performances ever seen in the Champions league. The undefeated run in La Liga(which I doubt will continue much longer judging by recent performances) is nothing when you go out of  Europe so early in such an embarrassing manner as far as I'm concerned. It will be a season to laugh at now as that is horrendously poor and will overshadow the whole season. It's a bit different from going out in a tight knit battle semi final against a top side. Not to discredit Roma who aren't a better side than people give them credit for, but you still shouldn't be losing to them when 4-1 up. Shouldn't even be losing to Real after being 4-1 up in fact.

Not sure why Dembele didn't start either and why it took 87 minutes to come on when the team offered nothing in attack all game and were never going to keep the scoreline down enough with how the defenders were performing.

• Administrator

Only seen highlights of the match but Fazio should have seen red. Got booked for a foul on Suarez then cleans out Iniesta on the half-way line. Should be a 2nd booking. Wonder if the game would have changed?

Just now, Stan said:

Only seen highlights of the match but Fazio should have seen red. Got booked for a foul on Suarez then cleans out Iniesta on the half-way line. Should be a 2nd booking. Wonder if the game would have changed?

The referee knows he made a mistake booking him for the first booking. Iniesta did the same on Strootman in the first half and didn't get booked.

The referee was inconsistent at best, but this can't be pinned on poor decisions.

• Administrator
Just now, ScoRoss said:

The referee knows he made a mistake booking him for the first booking. Iniesta did the same on Strootman in the first half and didn't get booked.

The referee was inconsistent at best, but this can't be pinned on poor decisions.

yeah just wanna clarify I don't think this is the case. As said, just seeing highlights :)

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived