talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that the whole of Europe should stand together and hold hands at this result. What a beautiful beautiful outcome for Football.

Now for Real to get dumped out in the semi's and it's happy days.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I just want to say that the whole of Europe should stand together and hold hands at this result. What a beautiful beautiful outcome for Football.

Now for Real to get dumped out in the semi's and it's happy days.

And this to match, as well. The crowd sound immense. 

• The topic was unpinned

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Roma can't win this, but who can take away their moment of singular glory.

I'd say "they can, just look at tonight" but honestly that performance by Barcelona was so bad that I'd have fancied any team in the top half Europe's big leagues of winning comfortably tonight. The performance in the 4-1 first leg wasn't even great either(but it was a "job done" type performance and should have been the tie) and that game against Sevilla the other day was very lucky not to have been a heavy defeat.

it's disgraceful and this will over shadow the whole season due to the manner in which it occurred. Go up 4-1 from the first leg and end up going out? It's terrible and that's not to discredit Roma as they are no average side(they were at this stage for a reason), but even if they were Bayern or Real, a comeback after a 4-1 is still not result that should be occurring.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Roma can absolutely win it. They're in the semi finals and they just knocked Barca out. Sure Barca got complacent as fuck and bottled it, but Roma deserve credit for getting to where they are.

Let's see who Roma gets. In every year the past decade plus that Barca haven't won the Champions League ALL teams that beat Barca have made the Final. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Roma Liverpool. Two teams that can't compete in their domestic league's. Yeah. Great final.

Yeah lets have Real Madri.... oh

8 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Let's see who Roma gets. In every year the past decade plus that Barca haven't won the Champions League ALL teams that beat Barca have made the Final. 

Pretty sure the last time we made the final ('07) we beat you in the first knockout round.

I don't care if Barca fans say the performance was disgraceful today, I'll take their word for it... but I'll also take it with a pinch of salt because some fans are acting like despite the fact they've run away with La Liga but bottled it in the CL quarterfinals, it's not a good season. They've still run away with their league. So they're not anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Maybe just a bit spoiled from so much success over the year.

I don't think you can rule out any side in Europe that knocks Barca out. regardless of bottling. They came back from a 4-1 hammering. That shows character. Then they beat a side that was one of the favourites in a dramatic way. I think it's mental to rule any side out at this stage. If you've gotten to the semi-finals, you've done something that's gotten you this far and there's no reason you can't win it.

One year the final was Porto v Monaco FFS, anything can happen.

Best news of the night.

Many of you know my opinions on Mes Que Un Club and the rest of the sanctimonious mega-clubs; I almost shat a kidney laughing at this result.

Well done Roma, I truly hope this isn't the pinnacle for your season. More please, for the sake of European football.

Fair is fair, the refereeing was atrocious. Fazio should've been sent off but the ref seemed too afraid to get lynched by the crowd.

Still, a fully deserved result overall, given how Roma played with spirit and vigor, while Barcelona looked like they had turned up to a friendly.

Don't like Roma one bit, but to overcome a 4-1 defeat against a team like Barcelona it is for every praise. I was more focused on the City game, but then saw Roma was 2-0 up. Went to bed to see the highlights this morning, overall a big historic win for Roma. Happy for my countrymen Džeko who was excellent and scored in both ties, just shows you can become a big player no matter how small your country is.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

Archived