talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

What a night for Roma and what a night for Eusebio Di Francesco.

Amazing what can happen when you appoint a young, fresh coach. He may not have had years and years of experience, and certainly not managing a 'big' club. But he guided Roma through the 'group of death' and now on to the Semi Finals. A lesson to be learnt for a lot of clubs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Messi chokes again!! Poor Barcelona got exposed. Valverde will get the blame and the Barcelona board will appoint another puppet.

#goat?NOmyth?YES

2 league titles in 9 years?

18 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The recent CL results for Messi and Barcelona show how overrated they are.. GOAT??? Lmao. All real Madrid has to do is win its fourth CL trophy in five years and now we can actually start calling it the greatest team of all time led by CR7! Can't wait to hear Barto's excuses.

eef73096c5e2825442d75ce692101314--funny-

41 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Monchi! :x

Roma did sensational getting that man in. Fair play to the whole team though, absolutely fantastic job by everybody to overcome such a deficit. 

Monchi has been criticised a bit (not a lot but he had some thrown at him) for selling Salah and selling him relatively cheap.

The thing is with the Salah situation, this occurred before the sale of Neymar from Barcelona to PSG which is what sparked off the even more mental prices we have now where a good player will go for almost £100m or more (and I’m saying a good player, not an elite one). This isn’t Monchi’s fault and neither is it Roma’s fault. Just to finish on the Salah sale... Add to that, that nobody knew he would be the success he’s been at Liverpool, not the extreme success he’s been no matter how smart some may try to pretend to be.

AS Roma are a similar style club to Sevilla in Italy by comparison and he is the perfect man for all of this analysing what’s needed and how to sell prime players to then bring in more competitivity so as to make the team a better prospect for honours and not just individual performances from select players. He’s a master at that and nobody comes anywhere near him which is why every massive club in Europe wanted him to put pen to paper on a contract.

I’ll finish off with this... AS Roma and their technical team have been extremely intelligent because they didn’t make the same stupid mistake Napoli did by putting all their eggs in one basket which was the league title. To win the league title you have to overcome many various obstacles and is extremely difficult. Like Diego Simeone has said on various occasions... “It’s a lot harder to win La Liga than the Champions League by a long margin. The Champions League isn’t easy, but if you’re clever, you can get yourself in the mix at the end and then it’s anyone’s to take”.

25 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

After that embarrassing defeat i expected post like this. The cules are speechless. Dembele has to be the biggest bust this year

It's funny how you continue to blabber about 4 champions league titles in 5 years makes greatness yet conveniently never bring up or even bring forth a reasonable argument about only 2 league titles in 9 years :coffee:

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The recent CL results for Messi and Barcelona show how overrated they are.. GOAT??? Lmao. All real Madrid has to do is win its fourth CL trophy in five years and now we can actually start calling it the greatest team of all time led by CR7! Can't wait to hear Barto's excuses.

if this was in the pep era i would have laughed and celebrated with this exit of barca but this edition of barca only the loud-mouth-immature Pique is left of that era and thankfully Busquets has quit his acting antics.

in an honesty, i hate labels ... GOAT, G.T.O.A.T.     there's no such thing for me.     i'm actually sad that Barca went out of the competition ( im a madrid fan ) .. coz i'm hoping that it would be an El Classico Finals.

Roma bottled up Lionel, Liverpool bottled up Kevin!  Tonight will Juve be able to bottle up Christiano.  Problem is if you take out Muller and Robben and Ribery and Lewandowski you still have to deal with the kids like Kimmich.  Whichever happens, the semis and the final will be the most interesting for some years and that has to be good for the game!

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Monchi has been criticised a bit (not a lot but he had some thrown at him) for selling Salah and selling him relatively cheap.

The thing is with the Salah situation, this occurred before the sale of Neymar from Barcelona to PSG which is what sparked off the even more mental prices we have now where a good player will go for almost £100m or more (and I’m saying a good player, not an elite one). This isn’t Monchi’s fault and neither is it Roma’s fault. Just to finish on the Salah sale... Add to that, that nobody knew he would be the success he’s been at Liverpool, not the extreme success he’s been no matter how smart some may try to pretend to be.

AS Roma are a similar style club to Sevilla in Italy by comparison and he is the perfect man for all of this analysing what’s needed and how to sell prime players to then bring in more competitivity so as to make the team a better prospect for honours and not just individual performances from select players. He’s a master at that and nobody comes anywhere near him which is why every massive club in Europe wanted him to put pen to paper on a contract.

I’ll finish off with this... AS Roma and their technical team have been extremely intelligent because they didn’t make the same stupid mistake Napoli did by putting all their eggs in one basket which was the league title. To win the league title you have to overcome many various obstacles and is extremely difficult. Like Diego Simeone has said on various occasions... “It’s a lot harder to win La Liga than the Champions League by a long margin. The Champions League isn’t easy, but if you’re clever, you can get yourself in the mix at the end and then it’s anyone’s to take”.

“Winning the league makes me more excited, it’s the most difficult competition and I also think it’s what the players want.

“But if you look at the club’s record in the Champions League you’ll see no-one has achieved what we have.” - Zinadine Zidane 2 days ago.

23 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

ONE WIN OUT OF THE LAST 7 AWAY MATCHES FOR Far$A!!! Eres un puto FARSANTE messi! El ultimo verdadero diez Argentino es ROMAN!!!

Coutinho can still win a treble though  :coffee:

• The title was changed to Tuesday 10th April - Roma (4) 3-0 (4) Barcelona (QF 2nd Leg)

Archived