talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 11th April - Bayern Munich (2) 0-0 (1) Sevilla (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game should be a bit easier for Bayern, but respect to Sevilla playing attacking football no matter the opposition. Probably the most "open result" from the remaining games. Then again Bayern will go all out and it lasts for 90 minutes.

Those two away goals are big for Bayern. And Sevilla are a tough side to play, in Europe at least, despite being the 7th best side in the Spanish league. They've caused headaches for us in the last few years and they played the pants off Mourinho's United. So it's not beyond them to go away to Bayern and give it a good go and make it through to the semis.

But I would prefer if Bayern one because there's something about Sevilla that we always seem to fuck up against. And if we're going to fuck up against anyone, I'd prefer it be anyone other than Sevilla.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

I can actually see Sevilla pulling off a surprise, they are a very good side and have proven countless times they can get themselves up for huge European matches. 

I don't recall them being played off the park by Bayern in the first leg either - I think they'll give an excellent account of themselves tonight, but those two away goals for Bayern may prove a challenge too large to overcome. 

Just for teh lulz, I'll say Sevilla to progress with a 2-0 win tonight. 

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am surprised Bayern didn't punish Sevilla at home honestly. Was it a weaker squad fielded?

No, that would have been a strange thing to do. Just a disappointing game by Bayern.  

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th March - Bayern Munich (2) 0-0 (1) Sevilla (QF 2nd Leg)
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am surprised Bayern didn't punish Sevilla at home honestly. Was it a weaker squad fielded?

Pretty much what Relling said, that was about our full strength 11. Coman would be first choice over Ribery if he was healthy, same with Alaba over Rafinha although this was one of Rafinha's best games, he put in a whale of a match. Poor execution overall but we'll take it.

On another note that Correa tackle was pretty horrible, word is Javi is only bruised if thats the case count our lucky stars thats the type of tackle to end a season fuck that guy what a cunt. Ref was pretty poor overall, at least he got that one right.

Bayern looking like the most stable team left in the competition. Their last slip-up was against PSG back in the group stage and since then they've never really looked like going out. The same goes for Liverpool to an extent, although they did get absolutely overrun in the first half at the Etihad.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th April - Bayern Munich (2) 0-0 (1) Sevilla (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived