talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Madrid are massive cunts, but it was a stonewall penalty. Hope Chiellini gets aids, horrible cunt.

Watching it from about 3 different angles, I don't see anything that made it a "stonewall penalty". From what I saw there was no knee at the back and he got to the ball first. It was a laughable decision. I guess it was hard to make a decision so quickly, but it didn't look a pen for a fan watching on TV.

The real cunt award goes to Ronaldo. Ronaldo should celebrate the goal in a relieved manner and yelling goaaaal! Not take off his shirt and act as if he did it all the prick.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Juve so unlucky in the end there but that's football. Definitely a penalty for me, can't believe people are questioning it.

What a fucking pen by Ronaldo though, he couldn't of hit it any sweeter.

It was definitely a penalty, 100%. I just feel it's a bit shit for Buffon to have been sent off for arguing it. Sad way for a living legend to tumble out of the CL, and tumbling out of the CL is usually sad enough.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What an utterly shite way for Buffon to exit the Champions League.

But congrats to Madrid. I hope we meet in the final :) 

No way. Your best bet is over two legs. 

I do hope however you win it. Or Roma 

Feel so fucking frustrated, seconds away from going into extra time. Played so good through the entire match, why not one more fucking minute?!!! This was by far the easiest Champions to win in the last few years, so bloody close. Why do Madrid always have to win in stoppage time most times with a penalty? it's fucking unreal!!!

Zidane didn't feel relieved for the goal.

He was relieved because now he knows he's not the only legend to get sent off in his final game xD

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Watching it from about 3 different angles, I don't see anything that made it a "stonewall penalty". From what I saw there was no knee at the back and he got to the ball first. It was a laughable decision. I guess it was hard to make a decision so quickly, but it didn't look a pen for a fan watching on TV.

The real cunt award goes to Ronaldo. Ronaldo should celebrate the goal in a relieved manner and yelling goaaaal! Not take off his shirt and act as if he did it all the prick.

I’ve watched it several times in glorious 4K slow motion. The ball comes off his chest after he’s been barged in the back. You can’t come through a player to get to a ball. It’s one of them which is always a foul anywhere else on the pitch but people feel it’s a 50/50 in the box. Penalty for me all day long.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was definitely a penalty, 100%. I just feel it's a bit shit for Buffon to have been sent off for arguing it. Sad way for a living legend to tumble out of the CL, and tumbling out of the CL is usually sad enough.

I think he grabbed at Oliver and was pretty aggressive towards him. I understand the frustration but you can't do that to the ref, especially from a man with such experience. 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

It was a quarter final?

Misworded that. I meant that Zidane knows he's not the only player to get sent off in his last match.

• Subscriber

That's a penalty no matter what resolution you're watching it in. The most important thing to note there is that there was no need for the challenge and Buffon has a clear sight he would have found a way to smother it. Shit way to leave a great game but you can't have any complaints about the call.

14 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Why did Bffon see the red card? Any clue what he said?

The commentator theorized that while they were protesting the penalty, Buffon was accidentally shoved by one of his team mates behind him and he touched the referee as a result, earning him red.

• Subscriber

Absolutely peak Real Madrid that is.

It's the right decision for me. It's the nature of the game and the heat of the moment, and the fact it's Real Madrid, clouding so many visions. It's soft, but it is a foul.

Does anyone hate these "conspiracies" in football? "Messi can't be the best because he's never won the World Cup" or "Buffon can't be the best goalkeeper because he hasn't won the UCL". Christ, you can't be the best until you don't win the Libertadores, the Confederations Cup, the U20 World Cup and the Europa League either. People forget that each tournament only has 1 winner per year. Its not easy to win these types of tournaments!

Okay what the fuck just happened. A crazy match already given the impossible odds Juventus were beating, but that ending?

The penalty itself was a case of you can give it, but you don't have to. However the red card against Buffon was very harsh. It's understandable that a referee wants to draw the line somewhere, but you can also just let him off with a yellow card or a verbal warning, especially since you probably signed Juve's death sentence already anyway, and with that Buffon's career at the highest European level.

Can't say if Juventus deserved to go through over 2 games given how awful they were during the home game, but they didn't deserve to go out in the way they did.

Oh well, it was another crazy European night. In the end, this kind of stuff is why I watch Champion's League.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nobody ever said that because they’re not 12 years old.

and this is how grown ups talk like:

15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Madrid are massive cunts, but it was a stonewall penalty. Hope Chiellini gets aids, horrible cunt.

• Subscriber

Seriously though, there's getting away with it and then there's that.

Although in fairness I think Real were through even if he missed. No chance do Juve keep them out with Buffon sent off.

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve watched it several times in glorious 4K slow motion. The ball comes off his chest after he’s been barged in the back. You can’t come through a player to get to a ball. It’s one of them which is always a foul anywhere else on the pitch but people feel it’s a 50/50 in the box. Penalty for me all day long.

They have 5k in Peru

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived