talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Seen more meat on a worm.... 

Bit private mate.

One girl once told me it's not how big the nail is, it's how hard the hammer is hitting it in. Remember that.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Bit private mate.

One girl once told me it's not how big the nail is, it's how hard the hammer is hitting it in. Remember that.

I think me and @nudge went through all this once before.... 

Not the size of your Trumpet but how well it gets blown so on and so fourth... xD

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Whilst last night was a victory for Football, tonight was the complete opposite. 

A thoroughly detestable club producing an absolute gash display and scraping through with a bit of jam. Yes it was a pen (through gritted teeth) but what a fucking time to get it.

Cunts. Absolute cunts. They always do it.

Anyway, jokes on Ronaldo. It looks like he's got more body fat on him than ever before. It won't be long before the love handles come, followed  by the moobs and then the paunch. 

Talking from experience, right? Glad I'm not the only one! 

I think I'm glad I missed this game. Not seen any of it but I'd have been seething seeing Madrid get a penalty so late on after Juve gave me hope they could take the tie further. It's just not meant to be for Buffon :(

This was actually a robbery considering Carvajal fouled Cuadrado on the 92th min of the first leg in a very similar play and the pen wasn't given , yet this one was. I actually had not seen that, only noticed it because Allegri mentioned it. Also Lichsteiner was carded unfairly and so did Pjanic if i remember correctly. Juve deserved to go through or at least to extra time.

Looks like Gigi has a new mortal enemy:

That says: "A human being can't just 'knock out' a team after such a game with such a dubious scene: Instead of a heart he probably has a trash can [an aside from Dr. Gonzo: lol, wut]. If you don't have the personality, you should be in the stands with your wife eating fries, not being referee for this match."

I think it was a legitimate penalty shout though, but Gigi clearly fucking hates Michael Oliver now. Saying he's not a human, that he has no heart and has a bin instead (still not really sure what that means, I guess that instead of a heart he's just full of rubbish), and implying his wife is a fatty. And that's pretty funny.

As if anyone is really that out of touch with reality as to believe Michael Oliver was actually paid a bonus to award that penalty. Poor bloke lol. Most of these people moaning on forums and social media would make the same decision in real time.

Juventus' players reaction is embarrassing and gives the sport a bad reputation. Italy's and Spain's football culture are miles behind England's because of shit like this. All of them embarrassing and make me ashamed of being a football fan. Their problem is that Juventus are spoiled as fuck in the Serie A, often getting decisions in their way because they're a massive club and refs all over Europe and the World tend to benefit the bigger clubs.

Utterly embarrassing from Chiellini as well, making the hand gesture as if Real Madrid bought the game, whilst having a contract with a club who were actually guilty of said operations.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A human being can't just 'knock out' a team after such a game

Cringe. As if a ref should take into account a team's performance and if they deserve to be eliminated before making any decision xD

@SirBalon Look, we all know the rules of the game. They're laid out in black and white. No one disputes that.

As a referee, you can't give penalties willynilly. You have to be absolutely sure it was a penalty. For an awarded penalty almost always results in a goal.

Buffon is right in having a grievance: you simply can't decide such an important match like that. Not like that. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with it if Ronaldo had gone on to score a hat trick and won it all. It was the manner in which it was won, by an extremely dubious penalty.

For me, it was a 50-50. Out of 100 refs 50 would have given it, and 50 wouldn't have. Therefore, it was not a clear-cut penalty by any means. As such, it shouldn't have been awarded. 

Rules of the game aside, let's think about a long-lost concept in sport here: Sportsmanship. Gallantry. "A good sport". "Doing things the right way", whatever you want to call it. Real Madrid "winning" like that: it's just not "a good show", not a gentlemanly way to win a prestigious high-stakes tie. Even Vasquez looked sheepish when berated by some of the Juventus players. He knew he got away with one there.

If Real Madrid go on to win it all, there should be an asterisk next to their 4 Champions Leagues in 5 years accomplishment. And it would be an accomplishment, don't get me wrong. 

Real Madrid supporters aside, can anyone say with utmost certainty that was a 100% clear penalty? If not, it shouldn't have been given. For a match of that ilk in the Champions League to be decided like that..................that's just not a "good sport", advertisement or showcase for the beautiful game we all love. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't even like Real Madrid and I think it was a penalty.

Fair enough mate.

Believe me, being a lifelong Barca supporter, I have no love for Juventus either (have no dog in the fight). Just want things to be fair across the board. Otherwise it's all a waste of time isn't it? 

Especially in the circumstances we saw today. Don't award penalties unless you're sure beyond a reasonable doubt. 

Other refs wouldn't have awarded it. 

That being the case, the Juventus penalty shouts in the 1st leg should have been awarded. Would have changed the entire complexion of the tie. 

Mate, if the exact same penalty decision had been awarded AGAINST Liverpool in the very same circumstances, would you have agreed with the decision too? A decision that won the tie against the Reds and eliminated Liverpool from contention? 

We're all "impartial objective football observers"  in matches that don't involve our teams mate :) :) 

"You can't decide a match like that", I get you can talk about whether or not it was a penalty, but the circumstances of the match have nothing to do with it. The referee is not there to facilitate the miracle comeback of Juventus; he's there to make sure the match is played according to the rules of the sport. If he thinks it's a penalty, he'll give it regardless if it's the 50th or 90th minute.

3 hours ago, Paulo Dybala said:

For me, it was a 50-50. Out of 100 refs 50 would have given it, and 50 wouldn't have. Therefore, it was not a clear-cut penalty by any means. As such, it shouldn't have been awarded. 

This makes no sense. You’ve simply decided to side with the 50 refs that wouldn’t give the penalty. You can equally say ‘Therefore, it should have been awarded’. If he’s one of 50 refs to give it, why is it a wrong decision compared to the 50 that wouldn’t?

3 hours ago, Paulo Dybala said:

@SirBalon Look, we all know the rules of the game. They're laid out in black and white. No one disputes that.

As a referee, you can't give penalties willynilly. You have to be absolutely sure it was a penalty. For an awarded penalty almost always results in a goal.

Buffon is right in having a grievance: you simply can't decide such an important match like that. Not like that. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with it if Ronaldo had gone on to score a hat trick and won it all. It was the manner in which it was won, by an extremely dubious penalty.

Rules of the game aside, let's think about a long-lost concept in sport here: Sportsmanship. Gallantry. "A good sport". "Doing things the right way", whatever you want to call it. Real Madrid "winning" like that: it's just not "a good show", not a gentlemanly way to win a prestigious high-stakes tie. Even Vasquez looked sheepish when berated by some of the Juventus players. He knew he got away with one there.

If Real Madrid go on to win it all, there should be an asterisk next to their 4 Champions Leagues in 5 years accomplishment. And it would be an accomplishment, don't get me wrong. 

Real Madrid supporters aside, can anyone say with utmost certainty that was a 100% clear penalty? If not, it shouldn't have been given. For a match of that ilk in the Champions League to be decided like that..................that's just not a "good sport", advertisement or showcase for the beautiful game we all love. 

I didn't watch the game mate and don't plan to either. If it was a penalty, then the ref has to give it no matter what time in the game it is. The referee isn't there to facilitate a miraculous fairytale comeback story.  Juventus should've done their job properly in their home leg where they were the superior footballing side... You can't be naïve in this sport and they most of all know this.  It seems like the unlikely miracle was almost achieved too!

2 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Agree with all the above. If you want something done right do it yourself. Don't let the refs decide the result for you. OK that's fair. That's all I ask for.

Put it this way... The Spanish press aren't too sure it was a penalty at all.  Infact even the Madrid based newspapers which always defend Real's case are questioning the referee's decision. Plus Real are getting a lot of stick in the press this morning and especially Zidane who they say he only knows how to play 4-4-2 and in Spain that's backward.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Put it this way... The Spanish press aren't too sure it was a penalty at all.  Infact even the Madrid based newspapers which always defend Real's case are questioning the referee's decision. Plus Real are getting a lot of stick in the press this morning and especially Zidane who they say he only knows how to play 4-4-2 and in Spain that's backward.

Like u urself said mate: madrid HAVE to win the CL this season or heads will roll. 

Real Madrid won the game but that was some showing by Juventus. A newfound respect for them, on top of the admiration I already have. 

"La Fidanzata d'Italia" did Italy proud. Behind every great country is a great girlfriend :) 

Juventus didn't lose the tie on penalties. They lost it with a poor lackluster showing in their home leg.

Just now, Paulo Dybala said:

Like u urself said mate: madrid HAVE to win the CL this season or heads will roll. 

Real Madrid won the game but that was some showing by Juventus. A newfound respect for them, on top of the admiration I already have. 

"La Fidanzata d'Italia" did Italy proud.

Juventus didn't lose the tie on penalties. They lost it with a poor lackluster showing in their home leg.

Like I said, I didn't watch the return leg in the Santiago Bernabéu but I did watch the first leg and for me in the first game at the Juventus Stadium, Juve sinned the cardinal sin of naivety which is strange coming from an Italian side.  I don't know if it was the players or Allegri when they went 0-1 down at home, but you have to be cautious because there's always a chance, especially against this Real Madrid side which give you plenty of chances in a game. In the same manner they can score an away goal against you, you can also believe you can do this against them.  As far as I'm concerned, the old thinking of Italian football came out there where conceding an away goal means almost certain death, but in today's football where everyone attacks you, you have to believe you can achieve things. Look at what eventually occurred away which is where you should be more adventurous seeing as the pressure is on the home side.

This Real Madrid side isn't all that, Infact their season proves this without a shadow of a doubt.  They're poorer than last season and last season they were already pretty poor!  What they (Real) have in this second half of the season which they didn't have at all in the first half is effectivity in front of goal.  Any of the remaining sides can eliminate Real Madrid, they just have to play it intelligently. 

I’ve been listening to the radio this morning and reading various articles. Let me just point out I fucking hate Real Madrid. With a passion. Partly due to their funding streams and attitude, mostly because of jealousy.

However, I genuinely believe a large number of fans watching that game have skewed attitude because it was them. So far I’ve heard the referee is wrong to award a penalty due to the circumstance (what the actual fuck), and the Buffon shouldn’t have been sent off because he was totes emoshe. Rules don’t go out of the window because Barry Bellend had a decent game and his team had a good go. Imagine a game being referred purely around emotion? 

“Fucking hell ref, he’s just broke his leg!!!”

”Yeah I know, but his wife gave birth last night and it’s an emotional time for all. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt......”

first off -  fack you Navas !!!    it wasn't totally bad defending by Madrid but total failure of Navas.

back on the issue at hand ..... for me, i didn't question the penalty decision.    i've replayed countless times in youtube, Lucas's face was anticipating the ball, him being small and Benatia being bigger than him and was behind Lucas and with that high-kick and in real time it happened so fast, i can side with the referee that all he can do is give the penalty.

BUT -- my biggest question is, this is coming from a madrid fan ---  why the fack was the injury time so facking long ???   i was expecting only 4 minutes, why did it reach 7 to 8 minutes ?? nobody was stretchered.  no ambulance came into the field.

the referee should have blown the whistle 5 minutes into injury time and sent it to extra time, that would be fair.

but hey, this is what the UCL knockout stages are all about --- REFEREES !!!

6 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

BUT -- my biggest question is, this is coming from a madrid fan ---  why the fack was the injury time so facking long ???   i was expecting only 4 minutes, why did it reach 7 to 8 minutes ?? nobody was stretchered.  no ambulance came into the field.

the referee should have blown the whistle 5 minutes into injury time and sent it to extra time, that would be fair.

Have you even watched the match? The original injury time was 3 minutes, and the penalty was awarded around the 2 minute mark. Due to all the commotion surrounding the penalty, Buffon getting sent off and the reserve goalkeeper whose name I can't spell being substituted on, it took about 4-5 minutes before Ronaldo actually got to take the penalty. Then Juventus got the ball forward like 1 time after the kick-off, and the referee blew his whistle after like half a minute. So more or less 3 minutes of actual football was played during injury time, as was the original intention.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived