talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ronaldo's penalty was superb given the pressure, as well. Anyone reckon Buffon would have saved it had he not seen red, literally?

I reckon you could have had two keepers and they didnt stand a chance, as much as I dont like him hes fucking money from the PK spot.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ronaldo's penalty was superb given the pressure, as well. Anyone reckon Buffon would have saved it had he not seen red, literally?

This is great footage. Credit for him for keeping focused all the time, admirable really. I thought he would miss it myself.

Nasty attitude by Juventus' players.

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

This is great footage. Credit for him for keeping focused all the time, admirable really. I thought he would miss it myself.

Always hated Chiellini to be fair. Utter bellend.

proves to show men will become children .....

29 minutes ago, Machado said:

funny how the madrid players tried to flatten out the penalty spot while the juventus players tried to mess it up again.   it's like watching children fighting on a playground .....

40 minutes ago, Machado said:

And none of the pearl-clutching journalists crying about Ronaldo taking his shirt off (a guy here even wrote him an open letter in the country's leading newspaper) will condemn this childish behavior.

Anyone saying its a stone wall penalty or its not a penalty at all needs their head checked. Its very very very hard to say if thats a penalty or not even after multiple replays and no matter what the decision was it feels like the other team were robbed/unlucky. Its one of those penalty calls that is extremely hard to take a decision on and no one can blame Michael Oliver for either giving it or not giving it. Juve unlucky to have the decision gone the other way but I felt its their own mistake to sit so deep after the third goal and invite pressure from the opponents.

I read some comments on twitter before seeing the penalty and I expected to see a dodgy pen and dodgy sending off. This morning I sat down and watched the highlights and it's a stonewall penalty and a stonewall sending off. Unfortunately for Buffon, the rules don't change just because it's his last season. There's some really clouded judgement on here and social media around this.

I also find it very strange that all neutrals side with Juventus instead of the evil Real Madrid... Juventus the club that were guilty of fixing matches.

Stunning penalty from CR7

57 minutes ago, Panflute said:

And none of the pearl-clutching journalists crying about Ronaldo taking his shirt off (a guy here even wrote him an open letter in the country's leading newspaper) will condemn this childish behavior.

oh man ... what the heck.    what's the big issue with a player celebrating by taking his shirt off ???    remember it was A-OK years ago to take off the shirt and waving it while running around ...... damn FIFA just became too self-righteous.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Let’s be honest, the only thing likable about Juve has been Buffon for a long time. Chiellini has always been a nasty piece of work. 

Suarez thought Chiellini looked tasty, so he's got that going for him. And yeah, I like Buffon... but Juve are definitely one of my least favourite clubs. I like Italian football though so I was pulling for them (plus Madrid have won enough things, more interesting for someone else to win a CL lol). 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Suarez thought Chiellini looked tasty, so he's got that going for him. And yeah, I like Buffon... but Juve are definitely one of my least favourite clubs. I like Italian football though so I was pulling for them (plus Madrid have won enough things, more interesting for someone else to win a CL lol). 

i share the same sentiment.     as a madrid fan, i want madrid to win coz it'll be a great feat to win it 3 times in a row.    but as a football fan, i want As Roma to win it.   Now that would send the football world into a frenzy ......

back to the juventus-madrid drama .... after watching this, what the italian players did suddenly seem minuscule.  :P  :P  

Just seen the incident for the first time. Absolute stonewaller of a penalty. Vázquez is about four yards from goal and completely free, it’s a clear goalscoring opportunity and Michael Oliver’s got that bang on. 

Benatia hasn’t maimed Vázquez but he’s made contact with what looked like a push and flicked a foot round him too. It’s a definite penalty for me. I’d be apoplectic if that didn’t get given for my club and anybody here would be too. 

Former Juve keeper Tacconi going for some more over the top bullshit here: https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Champions-League/12-04-2018/tacconi-buffon-real-oliver-madrid-faccia-collina-malafede-champions-260469688275.shtml

Saying that Buffon should have punched Oliver in the face. For awarding Real Madrid a stonewall penalty. Although it has to be noted that Tacconi is famous for saying retarded things. Del Piero's said he thought it was a penalty and now groups of Juve fans are giving him shit for that.

If you're a Juve fan and you're giving Del Piero abuse over having some common sense (and some fucking class about getting knocked out), you're not a real Juve fan. Del Piero's probably the classiest fucking person and/or thing associated with Juventus ever, as well. I'm happy to see him saying Buffon's statement re: Oliver was stupid.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Former Juve keeper Tacconi going for some more over the top bullshit here: https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Champions-League/12-04-2018/tacconi-buffon-real-oliver-madrid-faccia-collina-malafede-champions-260469688275.shtml

Saying that Buffon should have punched Oliver in the face. For awarding Real Madrid a stonewall penalty. Although it has to be noted that Tacconi is famous for saying retarded things. Del Piero's said he thought it was a penalty and now groups of Juve fans are giving him shit for that.

If you're a Juve fan and you're giving Del Piero abuse over having some common sense (and some fucking class about getting knocked out), you're not a real Juve fan. Del Piero's probably the classiest fucking person and/or thing associated with Juventus ever, as well. I'm happy to see him saying Buffon's statement re: Oliver was stupid.

Honestly Del Piero is the only reason I still have some affinity for Juve, I love that man. I will never love something as much in my life as that man loved to score. 

This one is for you @Dalmore xD

As annoyed as I am about Juventus getting knocked out, they got beaten at their own game. Part of me is annoyed, another part of me can't help but laugh.

you know I hate them and especially this season I despise them even more for winning games they didn't deserve in Italy but in Europe it's a completely different story. You might not believe it but I felt sorry for what happened to them in Bernabeu after all the hard effort it's a shame they did't get through. I was also very upset with Buffon's red card. It makes me really angry when they disrespect the last few Italian legends who are still active.

I would be satisfied if that penalty was given against Rube in Italy and yes I would laugh my ass off because I remember all the fake penalties they gave them points in Campionato this season but in Europe I don't have the same attitude. Patriotism takes over me when I see Italian clubs playing in Europe so I'm always on their side.

9 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

you know I hate them and especially this season I despise them even more for winning games they didn't deserve in Italy but in Europe it's a completely different story. You might not believe it but I felt sorry for what happened to them in Bernabeu after all the hard effort it's a shame they did't get through. I was also very upset with Buffon's red card. It makes me really angry when they disrespect the last few Italian legends who are still active.

I would be satisfied if that penalty was given against Rube in Italy and yes I would laugh my ass off because I remember all the fake penalties they gave them points in Campionato this season but in Europe I don't have the same attitude. Patriotism takes over me when I see Italian clubs playing in Europe so I'm always on their side.

I couldn't help but laugh at that video though, the song xD

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Still laughing cause no way in he'll serie a is better than the bundesliga xD

Serie A pisses over the Bundesliga, I think season by season its proven more and more.

I don't think anyone cares about your opinion.

I will say though that nothing is outlandish, but Serie A to me is miles above the Bundesliga. All due respect to all the Germans on here, but the league is as bad as ligue 1 without people realizing it. Results like Dortmund getting smashed by Bayern 6-0 are one sort of proof that its another french league. Loads of talent in that league but ultimately all selling clubs.

I've just counted but since 2014, Serie A has had 3 semi-finalists in the UCL and it wasn't just Juve. Germany has had 3 as well but it was only Bayern who are one of the best teams in the world. I have no problem admitting that the Bundesliga has better organization and marketing (that's not even a debate to be honest) but the standard as an overall league isn't anywhere near Serie A. Take out Bayern and Roma, Napoli or Lazio could win that league.

I get that most clubs in Italy are also selling clubs, but at the end of the day its also about who make-uses their talent more. You really just need to look at the German Club's record in Europe. Bayern aside, they get smashed a lot of the time and go out in the groups. Roma just made the semi-finals. No German club that isn't Bayern has been able to do that since Dortmund 5 years ago. Maybe it was better then, but we're talking about now.

Again, I have no problem in disagreeing with certain people but its been proven time and time again that saying Serie A is better than the Bundesliga is not an outlandish argument and can be put up for debate. I personally think its nowhere near Serie A and for me "crowds and organization" don't count in terms of standard. That wins on other fronts.

I think the performance of Ronaldo has been overshadowed by this sending off, Buffon wanted the attention because he was never going to get his hands on the Champions League.   Ronaldo was breathtaking in both legs,  his goals are just out of this world, that Penalty with that huge wait, plus all the pressure against another World Class goalkeeper, no words can describe what he did,  only to display his beastly body to show he is something of a Gladiator. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Post of the day!! Ronnie was amazing, what you expected out of world class player versus juventus, not zero goals/180 minutes. Amazing goals that make me jizz endlessly!! GRACIAS, MERCI, THANK YOU for giving us the gift of witnessing the greatest scorer of all-time.

As for the response to the Twitter journalist? When was the last time an Italian team won an european competition?

When was the last time a German side made the final?

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think anyone cares about your opinion.

I will say though that nothing is outlandish, but Serie A to me is miles above the Bundesliga. All due respect to all the Germans on here, but the league is as bad as ligue 1 without people realizing it. Results like Dortmund getting smashed by Bayern 6-0 are one sort of proof that its another french league. Loads of talent in that league but ultimately all selling clubs.

I've just counted but since 2014, Serie A has had 3 semi-finalists in the UCL and it wasn't just Juve. Germany has had 3 as well but it was only Bayern who are one of the best teams in the world. I have no problem admitting that the Bundesliga has better organization and marketing (that's not even a debate to be honest) but the standard as an overall league isn't anywhere near Serie A. Take out Bayern and Roma, Napoli or Lazio could win that league.

I get that most clubs in Italy are also selling clubs, but at the end of the day its also about who make-uses their talent more. You really just need to look at the German Club's record in Europe. Bayern aside, they get smashed a lot of the time and go out in the groups. Roma just made the semi-finals. No German club that isn't Bayern has been able to do that since Dortmund 5 years ago. Maybe it was better then, but we're talking about now.

Again, I have no problem in disagreeing with certain people but its been proven time and time again that saying Serie A is better than the Bundesliga is not an outlandish argument and can be put up for debate. I personally think its nowhere near Serie A and for me "crowds and organization" don't count in terms of standard. That wins on other fronts.

The German league is vastly overrated, without the powerful force of Munich or huge car/energy drink companies bankrolling clubs it would be not very strong. The only thing what The Bundesliga has got going for it, alot of the stadiums are big and modern, there are restrictions in place to stop clubs getting into debt.  

• The title was changed to Wednesday 11th April - Real Madrid (4) 1-3 (3) Juventus (QF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived