Swindon vs Yeovil

Wednesday 11th April, 2018
Wolves vs Derby, 19.45

Thursday 12th April, 2018
Bradford vs Shrewsbury

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really unsure how this will go. Villa clearly have the players to beat us and I'm unsure how we'll react from the Wolves loss on Friday (not so much the actual loss, but more the manner of the loss).

At the same time, Villa have been in poor form since they beat Wolves (ironically) with only one win in the last five since, and that was after Reading went down to 10 men. We also beat them quite comfortably earlier in the season, though I would expect it to be much tougher this time round.

0-0 at half time. Villa have had the ball as expected but other than the Adomah shot from the corner, we've been generally comfortable at the back.

Going forward however, we've not been particularly great, though Mendez (who's probably been our best player so far) hit the post and Johnstone pulled off a good save to stop an own goal at the end of the half, as well as one other chance which Zohore couldn't quite get on to.

• Administrator

Fulham in to 2nd with their win and Cardiff losing.

Millwall in to the play-offs with their win (currently 2-0) and Boro losing.

Burton look like they'll be the first side relegated from the Championship. Could happen as early as Saturday.

Sunderland draw, 6 points from safety. Highest they can finish is now 19th...

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Forest 0 - Bees 1. Four points off the play offs and closed the gap on the pack, just need Millwall to fuck up now

Leeds 😂

Need your lot to do a huge favour on Saturday as I only class Brentford and Millwall as possible games that Fulham could drop points.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Neil Warnock still selling his finest bottled jobs from when he left us in administration. 

While this will hurt if we don't get promoted, this was never expected in the slightest and we haven't been too bad against Wolves (should have got a point) and Villa (should have got at least a point).

It's still doable but we need to get back to winning ways immediately.

Good on Fulham, just keep winning. They have done the hard work in reeling Cardiff in, I just hope they can see it out now. The problem is that now they are the one's being chased down, not the chasers and the reality of the prize might get to a few of them and nerves creep in.

Hopefully not though. If they win all four of their remaining games, I think that will be enough despite Cardiff's game in hand. Also worth noting Fulham are ahead in the goal difference column now by four so that's currently a virtual point. It may come down to that.

Massive win for the Blades tonight over Boro. That has really opened up the playoffs now with Bristol City winning too.

And will someone please stop Millwall for fucks sake.

(No comment on Leeds tonight by the way. For the first time in a long long time, I've not paid one bit of notice to our game tonight which shows how disillusioned we all are with our shower of shite)

• Subscriber

Fulham are getting 2nd. They're unstoppable. Actually think if there was another 10 left rather than 4 they'd probably come top.

I've never been to Fulham so I'm for this.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Need your lot to do a huge favour on Saturday as I only class Brentford and Millwall as possible games that Fulham could drop points.

While this will hurt if we don't get promoted, this was never expected in the slightest and we haven't been too bad against Wolves (should have got a point) and Villa (should have got at least a point).

It's still doable but we need to get back to winning ways immediately.

With their current form we might get spanked but I think if anyone can beat them then it'd be us the way our games have gone the last few years

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Fulham are getting 2nd. They're unstoppable. Actually think if there was another 10 left rather than 4 they'd probably come top.

I've never been to Fulham so I'm for this.

I remember when they came here not so long ago and were lucky to leave with a point. 

Alas. 

Those days are gone, no matter the side put out, it is Sunday Fucking League. The drive and hunger which kept us fighting for so long has gone; the tactical deficiencies are painful to see. This club is perilously close to going down once more; this proud club is about to embarrass itself once again, from Sweaty Ken down to Phil 'Twat it' Parkinson to Betty the inept tea lady. 

I'm praying for some sort of weekend  brain damage before we go to Barnsley, because I simply can't take the idea of hoping for a 'win' (lol) against the only club keeping you safe when you're represented by the equivalent of 11 Ann Widdecombes playing under the management of Stevie Wonder. 

Fuck OFF, I remember why I went on unintentional hiatus from this forum - it is literally a conduit for my sporting depression and creeping alcoholism. We're fucking shit and we're going to Accrington next year.

Parklife. 

Stolen from one of the BWFC forums, the perfect post to sum up the problem we have right now:

My main concern with the current regime is that when we lose our shit, we lose it big style.
We don't just draw a couple and lose one, the wheels come off completely and it takes 5 losses on the bounce before anythings done about it.

Nobody involved with Bolton Wanderers has a clue what to do for the best on Saturday.
The manager has got 3 days to form some kind of approach. People are starting to panic, once that sets in were fucked.

21 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Paul Clement's Reading side has had more red cards (3) than shots on target (2) in his four games in charge. Absolute cabbage but he's mates with Ancelotti, so he must be class.

You can see why he's livid with Bacuna. Lost his temperament and will now miss three big matches.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived