talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Martial - Wants to Leave Manchester United

football forum

I'm surprised no one has mentioned sales numbers. If United sell him for anything less than 50 million, then its a loss. They took a huge punt on him when they got him from Monaco, he's payed off but now if he's to leave they need to make a profit.

Don't doubt it though given how inflated the market is these days.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfair to judge Martial when he's far from the finished product. But for me, I see him as another Depay.

Good talent, potentially very decent if he develops well, but currently not there yet and will need a different environment to thrive.

It's not helped Martial having all those Henry comparisons that followed him from Monaco either.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Unfair to judge Martial when he's far from the finished product. But for me, I see him as another Depay.

Good talent, potentially very decent if he develops well, but currently not there yet and will need a different environment to thrive.

It's not helped Martial having all those Henry comparisons that followed him from Monaco either.

Wonder if after Mbappe got the same, every young black French forward who likes cutting in from the left is going to be the next Henry.

• Administrator

Inter are in for him, but it depends on the sale of Joao Mario and half a dozen other players. I personally think he’s better than that, he needs a move where he’ll be a central striker. Could see Dortmund or even Atletico Madrid being interested 

• 1 month later...

My god it gets even worse on the bbc HYS and other discussion boards. Non United fans fauning over his every kick of a ball. Martial HAS had various opportunities and done fuck all. He’s done nothing when started, but scored the odd goal coming off the bench when defenders are knackered. Fuck I hate football.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

My god it gets even worse on the bbc HYS and other discussion boards. Non United fans fauning over his every kick of a ball. Martial HAS had various opportunities and done fuck all. He’s done nothing when started, but scored the odd goal coming off the bench when defenders are knackered. Fuck I hate football.

full of 12 year olds mate and scrawny teenagers bunking off school.

what you doing on there?

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The French Nani. World class in every 20 games he plays, fails to show up or make a tackle in the other 19. Had enough chances to shine and has never taken the opportunity. Will no doubt become world class somewhere else.

Sounds like Henry at Juve, although we have no idea how Martial will pan out - I'm just saying what you described + becoming world class later after another move sounds a lot like what happened to the player Martial was most compared with when he joined United.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sounds like Henry at Juve, although we have no idea how Martial will pan out - I'm just saying what you described + becoming world class later after another move sounds a lot like what happened to the player Martial was most compared with when he joined United.

I genuinely compare him to Nani. There’s a world class player in there somewhere, but I just think he’s lazy. He’d shine at Barsa, Real, PSG or Bayern.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I genuinely compare him to Nani. There’s a world class player in there somewhere, but I just think he’s lazy. He’d shine at Barsa, Real, PSG or Bayern.

I don't think Nani's ever been world class. Some great performances in him at times... but also look how he's done after leaving England. Back to Portugal for him, then to Turkey, then Spain, and Italy... and being the same. Good every once in a while, but goes missing quite a bit.

If Martial pans out like that, I think a lot of that earlier hype in his career will have proved to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think Nani's ever been world class. Some great performances in him at times... but also look how he's done after leaving England. Back to Portugal for him, then to Turkey, then Spain, and Italy... and being the same. Good every once in a while, but goes missing quite a bit.

If Martial pans out like that, I think a lot of that earlier hype in his career will have proved to be wrong.

I think he had ‘world class’ potential. When he was on it, he was almost unplayable, very similar to Ronaldo in fact. Difference was Ronaldo found consistency and had that drive to succeed. Something Nani never had a I think Martial is the same.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think he had ‘world class’ potential. When he was on it, he was almost unplayable, very similar to Ronaldo in fact. Difference was Ronaldo found consistency and had that drive to succeed. Something Nani never had a I think Martial is the same.

Ok I see what you're saying. I wouldn't write Martial off yet, some players need a change of scenery.

I thought Martial was having a pretty decent season, not flawless obviously, but then Alexis Sanchez was brought in... looked way more ineffective.

This is vintage Mourinho, and you can bet Martial will flourish elsewhere. Young player with loads of potential, being given chance after chance in a system that doesn't really get the best out of his gifted ability, to which Mourinho prefers a more experienced short term player. 

All to similar. I'd only want Martial if Sarri was our manager. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived