talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Martial - Wants to Leave Manchester United

football forum

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

This is vintage Mourinho, and you can bet Martial will flourish elsewhere. Young player with loads of potential, being given chance after chance in a system that doesn't really get the best out of his gifted ability, to which Mourinho prefers a more experienced short term player. 

All to similar. I'd only want Martial if Sarri was our manager. 

He was exactly the same under LVG as well tbh. This time round, it’s not a Mourinho thing. It’s a Martial thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Martial has had many opportunities to prove his worth, but also there were a lot of complaints about LVG's style of play not being creative enough even if they didn't hoof it and I don't think strikers enjoy being thrown under the bus by Mourinho all the time, especially when it's a defensive minded one.

He's also just 22 years old, hardly going to be the finished product and for a 22 year old he's not had a bad goal scoring record. Probably worth noting he had his best season under LVG...maybe a move would be best for him seeing as Mourinho isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich are all interested in signing Manchester United's Anthony Martial this summer.

Martial, currently in the United States on United's pre-season tour, has a year remaining on his contract.

SSN understands Martial has told United boss Jose Mourinho he wants to leave the club but it is understood United's hierarchy are not interested in selling the France international forward, and could trigger the extra year option in his contract until 2020.

Chelsea are yet to make a formal offer, according to Sky sources, while Sky in Germany are reporting that Bayern Munich would only make a move should United lower their valuation of the player.

Martial started United's first game in the USA, against the San Jose Earthquakes, and could be forced into a significant role in the early part of the season after only starting 26 of his 45 appearances last season.

Mourinho has hinted that Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford could be used sparingly after their exertions in the World Cup this summer, leaving him with fewer options up front.

Should he make it to the Premier League opener against Leicester on August 10, only foreign clubs would be able to sign him, as the domestic window closes a day earlier.

Eden Hazard is a transfer target for Real Madrid

Chelsea's interest in Martial could prompt fresh questions over the future of Eden Hazard at Stamford Bridge.

Hazard has hinted he would like to move to Real Madrid after six years with the club, saying last week that "it might be time to discover something different".

The move could also affect the future of another Chelsea forward - Willian.

Sky Sports News reported in May that United are interested in bringing the Brazil winger to Old Trafford this summer.

And, as recently as Friday, we brought you the news that Barcelona had made a third offer for the 29-year-old.

• Administrator

What I love about that piece is Bayern. I’d love a mansion but I’m not buying one unless the valuation was dropped to my convenience. It must be dire paraphrasing because it’s a nothing statement. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Batard said:

What I love about that piece is Bayern. I’d love a mansion but I’m not buying one unless the valuation was dropped to my convenience. It must be dire paraphrasing because it’s a nothing statement. 

Hence our record transfer fee is barely above €40m, Its still Tolisso. Hoeness is very stuck in his ways. 

Unfortunately, I am starting feel that Martial will leave United.  He doesn't fit Mourinho's system and Mourinho doesn't trust him.  Not saying Martial has downed tools, but in the two pre-season games in the States, he has had an opportunity to prove Jose wrong and he just doesnt look all that interested.

Plenty of blame to go around here, Jose's system and his reluctance to trust youth, but Martial while a great talant seems to lack the mentality to push through when faced with adversity.

• Subscriber

He’s been our top target all summer - been shown round the training ground etc. But highly doubt it’s going to happen. United don’t want to sell to a domestic rival. All dependent on Alderweireld deal I think  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

He’s been our top target all summer - been shown round the training ground etc. But highly doubt it’s going to happen. United don’t want to sell to a domestic rival. All dependent on Alderweireld deal I think  

chuck enough money at them and they'll think twice. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Surely if he's been allowed to join up with you lot to be shown around the training ground etc, then there's a chance United will sell? 

Unless this is a serious case of tapping up of course :ph34r:

I mean, why would United grant Spurs permission for him to look around your facilities if they had no intention of selling him to Spurs? 

Idk if I buy that he’s done the training ground tour at Spurs. That’s usually something that comes with being given permission to speak to the player, which generally in this day and age the reputable journos for each region or club have tweeted about it.

but if it’s the case, then he’s probably going to Spurs because if they’ve given permission to talk to the player then terms have probably been discussed & @LFCMadLad is probably right, it’s just a matter of getting a fee agreed between clubs (assuming he’s accepted).

if Mourinho really rates Martial, I think he’ll be sold abroad.

If he is sold it has to be abroad even if it is for less money, too much of a risk to sell him to a domestic rival. 

Not that there is any chance it will happen and United would have to add considerable money,  if Martial went to Spurs, as an United fan, I would want Kane and if he went to Chelsea, I would want Hazard. But that's not going to happen so better to offer to sell him abroad and hope Real and PSG show an interest. 

4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

If he is sold it has to be abroad even if it is for less money, too much of a risk to sell him to a domestic rival. 

Not that there is any chance it will happen and United would have to add considerable money,  if Martial went to Spurs, as an United fan, I would want Kane and if he went to Chelsea, I would want Hazard. But that's not going to happen so better to offer to sell him abroad and hope Real and PSG show an interest. 

We've given you Mata, Matic, and rumored Willian. 

We owe you dick. Give us Martial. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived