talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

• Administrator

visuel-l1_1256x837-06_5_2_4.thumb.jpg.8f4e3e7121ae118fee55ae752dafb820.jpg

Who's keeping up to speed with Ligue 1 this season? Pains me to see Monaco doing so well, especially with Benjamin Mendy there. Those who know me know I'm a embittered Marseille fan, and it's hard not to be following Marseille.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Lyon fan, it pains me to see anyone other than Lyon doing well. xD

Rather disappointed at the gap that has opened up between Nice and Lyon (currently 3rd and 4th respectively).  Can't see it closing any time soon.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Rather disappointed at the gap that has opened up between Nice and Lyon (currently 3rd and 4th respectively).  Can't see it closing any time soon.

What's your overall thoughts on the standard this season? I think it's been the best season for quite some time. The league is looking genuinely competitive

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

What's your overall thoughts on the standard this season? I think it's been the best season for quite some time. The league is looking genuinely competitive

Definitely.  I still think it has been relatively competitive since Lyon's stranglehold on the league finished in the 00s.  Fair enough PSG and Monaco have had a lot of investment but it hasn't stopped some teams from having a no-fear attitude towards these teams and the Bordeauxs, Lilles and Montpelliers have had their turn too.

I'm hoping PSG don't get another consecutive Ligue 1 title win!

• Administrator

Depends on the Champions League in my opinion, whoever stays in will feel the affects of doing so. The reality is none of the teams vying for positions are teams I want to see win the league xD

19 hours ago, Batard said:

Who's keeping up to speed with Ligue 1 this season? Pains me to see Monaco doing so well, especially with Benjamin Mendy there. Those who know me know I'm a embittered Marseille fan, and it's hard not to be following Marseille.

What's your thought on the new regime at Marseille? From the new owners to appointing Rudi Garcia, seems a lot more positive year for them after last season.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

What's your thought on the new regime at Marseille? From the new owners to appointing Rudi Garcia, seems a lot more positive year for them after last season.

Still unsure on the owners; the Payet transfer didn't sit right, he wanted to come back, West Ham set the price but the owners were quibbling over the cost. Initially trying to be sort out a loan. I don't think they had the money to buy him and I don't believe they've paid the full amount yet either for him.

Dodgy or duplicitous owners isn't something new though for us but having a manager with pedigree who's able to motivate the players is. I rate Garcia, think it's a great appointment. I just hope he gets the players he needs in the summer without being subjected to the annual summer raping of the aquad, where anyone on a wage deemed a bit too high for their age is let go. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see Diarra leave in the summer to be honest. 

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

How much of a loss do you think Ibra was to PSG?

Big loss in a number of ways but it has, in theory, allowed some of the others to step up with the attention and pressure away from one player.  Some have taken to this "stepping up" better than others!

• Administrator

can't wait to see Mbappe grow as a footballer either at Monaco or elsewhere. Was brilliant against Man City in the Champions League and is only 18 years old. 

I've not really followed Ligue 1 that often and have occasionally watched the odd game on BT Sport. Usually the bigger games that involve PSG/Marseille/Monaco as they're the ones that are aired at a convenient time. 

It's ridiculous the amount of goals Monaco are scoring. Nearly 3 a game. Brilliant title race though. 3 teams level on 62 and all top 3 teams in good form. 

I checked my old status updates from the old TFF board last night and had noted about Monaco getting relegated (2011).  The season before, Paris Saint-Germain had finished 13th in the table.

7 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

Monaco keeps being outstanding even without Falcao. they really deserve the championship this season!

Out of the three current contenders (Monaco, PSG & Nice), they're the ones I'd most like to see winning it.

On 03/03/2017 at 11:18 PM, Jay said:

Their win against Toulouse today was very convincing. Lacazette has been outstanding this season. Hope you hold on to him.

Archived