Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
50 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Thoughts on Malcom @Batard ?

He's been linked with us. I've never watched him play an entire match, just seen highlights.

Raw talent mate. I’m not sure if he’s ready to make the next step up yet though 

• Administrator

omg. just watching the end of Nantes vs PSG.

PSG attacking, Diego Carlos accidentally trips the ref as they run back to defend. Referee then kicks out at Carlos!!

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

can't actually believe this :o:oxD 

Ref is gonna be fucked over. 

Then gives that player a 2nd yellow AND a PSG freekick xD 

That has to be a ban. Has to be. An assault on a referee has to be the same punishment as it would be on a player or else it's double standards.

The referee who aimed a kick at a Nantes player before sending him off in a game against Paris St-Germain has been suspended "until further notice" by the French Football Association.

In a statement, the French FA said its "technical body for referees (DTA) and the federal commission of referees" had "decided on the withdrawal of Tony Chapron, who had been appointed for Wednesday's Ligue 1 game between Angers and Troyes, until further notice".

It added: "Mr Tony Chapron will shortly be called to meet the LFP [French football league] disciplinary committee.

"Mr Tony Chapron, after reviewing the images, stated that his fall was caused accidentally. He has informed the DTA that he has prepared a report to this effect for the LFP disciplinary commission."

Nantes chairman Waldemar Kita said Chapron should be banned for six months for the "scandalous" incident.

"It's a joke," Kita told French TV. "I received 20 text messages from all over the world telling me that this referee is a joke.

"If I talk too much, I will be summoned by an ethics commission. We have no right to say anything."

• Administrator

Payet injuring keepers with his skills.

Watched this game earlier and turned it off after about 75 minutes as it was quite boring. Marseille missed a penalty through Germain at 0-0. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Batard it's a strange League to be so under funded yet a fairly large country

As the league has declined, so has interest and investment ... which means the league continues to decline. Culturally whilst football is number 1 in France, the interest for the national league isn’t there like it is for the Premier League. Nothing really highlights this more than Paris only having one major club ... and even that is a bastard child of recent times. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

As the league has declined, so has interest and investment ... which means the league continues to decline. Culturally whilst football is number 1 in France, the interest for the national league isn’t there like it is for the Premier League. Nothing really highlights this more than Paris only having one major club ... and even that is a bastard child of recent times. 

It shocked me how many PSG fans there were in Paris, then I remembered they were once a normal club

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Danny said:

It shocked me how many PSG fans there were in Paris, then I remembered they were once a normal club

Don’t be fooled, during the lean years of Le Guen, many of their ‘fans’ gave zero fucks about PSG. With the exception of a few notable clubs, the passion football generates just doesn’t exist in France as it does in England, Italy or Spain. Often idiocy is mistaken as passion, hence why we have games in Ligue 1 where away fans cannot attend. 

Dani Alves sent off against Lyon for screaming something at the referee. Verratti flicks the card out of the refs hand and somehow stays on.

PSG have a really disgusting, entitled attitude on the pitch. You'd think with all their advantages over the competition, they'd be content with winning most of their matches, but they still abuse the officials and opponent whenever things don't go perfectly their way. 

Archived