talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bordeaux strike first in the race for 5th. The pressure is on Marseille now to do the job at home against Bastia.

After half an hour:

Marseille 0-0 Basta

Lorient 0-1 Bordeaux

Bordeaux take the final Europa League spot as it stands.

Dramatic end to the season at the bottom. Marseille got the job done against one of the relegation battlers. Bordeaux couldn't hold onto their lead against another relegation battler in Lorient, that match ended 1-1. Lorient thought that point was going to ensure their safety, but Caen managed to get a stoppage time equaliser at the Parc des Princes, moving them above Lorient, who finish in the playoff spot.

• Administrator

Bastia were poor for a side that needed to win to survive. Showed no attacking intent, especially as Marseille were nothing special today. Bastia could have gone for it and gambled but went down with a whimper. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Bastia were poor for a side that needed to win to survive. Showed no attacking intent, especially as Marseille were nothing special today. Bastia could have gone for it and gambled but went down with a whimper. 

We've been nothing special all season

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, True Bender said:

You please.

He's nothing spectacular as far as fullbacks go, but I've not seen much of him either. He's mostly been knocking around Ligue 2. Dortmund in for him?

1 minute ago, Batard said:

He's nothing spectacular as far as fullbacks go, but I've not seen much of him either. He's mostly been knocking around Ligue 2. Dortmund in for him?

We are not in for him afaik. I was just wondering why he didn't extend his contract. It runs out this summer.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, True Bender said:

We are not in for him afaik. I was just wondering why he didn't extend his contract. It runs out this summer.

He's not going to get game time at Bordeaux, he's not good enough yet

• 1 month later...

Didn't realise Galtier had left Saint-Étienne. It'll be weird seeing someone else in charge there. I'm surprised he hasn't found a new job yet.

My first Ligue 1 game of the season will be Saint-Étienne v Nice, should be a decent game.

17 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Bizarre half time substitution with Payet going off, but it's only took Clinton N'Jie 5 minutes to open the scoring.

Payet was completely out of touch with his teammates.  He offered nothing, and in a way OM play better without him.  

Highlights from Week 1:

Didn't know Lyon made Fekir captain. Guess they were worried about him leaving soon. Surprised someone didn't make a move for him already, guess his big injury from a couple of seasons ago made big clubs that chase hype forget about him.

Archived