talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Pep's Bald Head Thread

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I've never said they regressed you did. I say saying they regresssed is ridiculous. A new manager with a new footballing philosophy that didnt spend alot (comparibly to any of the top teams) should be and was given some of a grace period to adapt to his new team and vise versa. This clearly happend and we saw improvement every year like i mentioned to the point that our upper management wanted to keep him on even despite all the outsiders (and some insiders) opinions that he failed and was failing. And youre mixing facts now, we won 7-0 on agg the year we won the treble, we lost 5-3 on agg to barca the year your referring to. Guardiola made some massive mistakes and i was a huge critic about some of the things he was doing but saying the club regressed because he didnt win the CL is lunacy. 

But you DID say they regressed when you said 'Their was progression every season on the field under Pep'. It is impossible to quantify such a reversal in roles (Barcelona and Bayern) and call it progression, it just isn't logical. It'd be progression if they beat Barcelona 8-0 nothing the following season. SO for Pep to progress the team as you said he did, first the team would have to REGRESS to a point they weren't at before. I

I never said that not winning the CL was regression at all, I said that going from destroying a team, to being destroyed by a team is regression, you inferred that losing CL is regression by yourself. If Bayern lost 1-0 or lost on away goals, or even penalties I wouldn't be criticising but being absolutely embarassed by Real and Barcelona isn't acceptable for a team like Bayern, at all. 

Okay, then I did mess up my facts but that only reinforces it. It's far worse to go from winning 7-0 to losing 5-3.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

But you DID say they regressed when you said 'Their was progression every season on the field under Pep'. It is impossible to quantify such a reversal in roles (Barcelona and Bayern) and call it progression, it just isn't logical. It'd be progression if they beat Barcelona 8-0 nothing the following season. SO for Pep to progress the team as you said he did, first the team would have to REGRESS to a point they weren't at before. I

I never said that not winning the CL was regression at all, I said that going from destroying a team, to being destroyed by a team is regression, you inferred that losing CL is regression by yourself. If Bayern lost 1-0 or lost on away goals, or even penalties I wouldn't be criticising but being absolutely embarassed by Real and Barcelona isn't acceptable for a team like Bayern, at all. 

Okay, then I did mess up my facts but that only reinforces it. It's far worse to go from winning 7-0 to losing 5-3.

When i say Bayern didnt regress im talking about Pep's tenure at its entirety I dont think its fair to judge him as harshly as you are on his first campaign. Every manager should be given a grace period and i dont care what team it is your taking over. year to year there was improvement in every aspect. 

Being destroyed isnt losing 5-3 on agg, we will disagree on that entirely as well it seems (we lost 3-0 1st leg and won 3-2 second). Embarrased by real? yep, absolutely spanked. tactics where 100000% wrong and we got slaughtered over 2 legs by the far better prepared squad and better manager, such is life. 

2 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Viva, lets face it. You regressed. Jupps Bayern was far superior to peps in every way except possession

Agree to disagree ^_^ When we fired on all cylinders under Pep it was more dominant then under Jupp is the way i see it. I mean Pep was in a no win situation as soon as Jupp won the treble. Unless he repeated  there was literally no other way people would see him as a success and i dont think thats fair. 

Archived