talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison Joins Everton for £40m

Reported by Sky Sports that all three sides are interested in the Brazilian Midfielder.

I'm surprised about United and Chelsea as, even though he's talented and has potential, he doesnt seem to have maintained the quality of the perfomances he showed at the start of the season.

However, if Everton are serious about bringing in Marco Silva still, I reckon this would be a good first signing.

It's going to be a big summer for Watford keeping hold of Doucoure and Richarlison. They're already making transfer movements already with Ben Wilmott.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'd take him as well. Been a bit inconsistent but he's still quite young (I think) so plenty of time to continue developing but can imagine he's got his sights set higher than us, especially with sides like Utd, Chelsea and apparently Monaco in for him.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Richarlison - Everton £40m Bid Accepted?
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not that weird, inflation and the TV money are going to lead to these fees that look ridiculous. But look at the market since last season.

I still think it's crazy for his level of ability, but it's also worth mentioning his age. He's only 21, so Everton will get a lot of years out of him and he should develop, but at the same time he's good enough to start in the Premier League straight away.

• Subscriber

Fuck off, even in this market. He was cracking for about 8 games last season then went completely off the radar. One of those players where the media creates a narrative of him being a revelation then just decline to acknowledge that he was shite for the rest of the season because it doesn't fit their story.

Even if he was good you could get the same quality of player for 10m less if it wasn't Watford because they'll fleece us still crying about how Marco Silva realised it was a step up to manage us instead of them.

In general I don't care what we do this window because anything that gets served up on the first day of the season will be a relief compared to watching Everton managed by Allardyce but this is one transfer that would piss me off. What I want to see from the club under Silva and Brands is some evidence of a long term project being put in place even if we finish 12th. All this signing says to me is that we will set a precedent of continuing to spend over the odds on Premier League players instead of finding cheaper alternatives elsewhere or in the youth team and coach them effectively so that they still fit the bill for the club's ambitions.

If it goes through then obviously I hope I end up looking stupid with this tirade but this one baffles me to be honest.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

No goal since November? xD is that right?

yep!

No assist since December, either. 

Now, for a winger, that's really not good :D

Richarlison is promissing, but that fee is too much for a player that is so inconsistent. 

Everton should do what Watford did last year, go to Rio de Janeiro and buy Fluminense´s best player, in this case, Pedro. Fluminense is broke and they´d sell that kid for any offer more than 15 million euros. Pedro is more polished and a better finisher than Richarlison. 

I wonder if Richarlison's lose of form in 2018 is partly down to Marco Silva's being fired in January?   Silva was instrumental in getting him to join Watford and given that Richarlison spoke little or no English, Silva played a big part in Richarlison's comfort level.  Richarlison was none too happy when Silva left and voiced his opinion on social media.   Just saying He was doing OK til then.

33 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I wonder if Richarlison's lose of form in 2018 is partly down to Marco Silva's being fired in January?   Silva was instrumental in getting him to join Watford and given that Richarlison spoke little or no English, Silva played a big part in Richarlison's comfort level.  Richarlison was none too happy when Silva left and voiced his opinion on social media.   Just saying He was doing OK til then.

Could be. The real problem for him though is his finishing. He plays well, creates chances but his finishing is atrocious and the dry spells are probably related to it.

Everton is betting he can improve it, and if he indeed does, considering how much he creates, he could produce 15-20 goals next season. 

Edit: Found this on Twitter. Looks like his shooting really is the cause of his underperformance.

DdQt4k_UQAADast.jpg:large

DaSoXCAXcAAaEH6.jpg:large

Ridiculous price for him. He's talented but he's extremely inconsistent. Maybe he'll do better surrounded by better players but the price tag is still crazy. He is consistent when it comes to diving though.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Fuck off, even in this market. He was cracking for about 8 games last season then went completely off the radar. One of those players where the media creates a narrative of him being a revelation then just decline to acknowledge that he was shite for the rest of the season because it doesn't fit their story.

Even if he was good you could get the same quality of player for 10m less if it wasn't Watford because they'll fleece us still crying about how Marco Silva realised it was a step up to manage us instead of them.

In general I don't care what we do this window because anything that gets served up on the first day of the season will be a relief compared to watching Everton managed by Allardyce but this is one transfer that would piss me off. What I want to see from the club under Silva and Brands is some evidence of a long term project being put in place even if we finish 12th. All this signing says to me is that we will set a precedent of continuing to spend over the odds on Premier League players instead of finding cheaper alternatives elsewhere or in the youth team and coach them effectively so that they still fit the bill for the club's ambitions.

If it goes through then obviously I hope I end up looking stupid with this tirade but this one baffles me to be honest.

I don't mind spending big on players if they're top draw but no-one in the world can convince me that Richarlison is the best that forty million fetches. People always go on about it being today's market etc.... but you can still get good value for money signings if your scouts are any good. This just reeks of laziness and complacency. He's not bad but can't believe you're going near him at that price.

Archived