talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison Joins Everton for £40m

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Well it was nice to be able to kid myself into sticking up for my club for about 10 days. If this transfer goes through and he's not one of the top ten players in the league this season then we look like cunts again. Shock horror.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Surely that includes the player and Vicaridge Road?

I heard similar. The bid was originally £60mil until they threw Vicarage Road in.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Never fails to make me laugh how the whole world are experts on Everton transfers. 

We'll sign who we want, we'll pay what we want.

Hopefully these reports are miles wide of the mark but suppose they're true. I'm doing my best to be supportive of the new regime but here's a simple question - are you in support of the club paying £50m or even £40m for Richarlison?

For me (and like I say I'd love to be proven wrong but) £40m for Richarlison would be a glaringly obvious overpayment and £50m would be nothing short of scandalous.

If we pay anything close to either of those fees for this transfer then we deserve to be the laughing stock of the forum unless he gets in the team of the season. It's not like the lad has nothing going for him because he's 21 and looked like a revelation at times last season but for fucks sake look at that money. He's a 25m-30m player  potentially

Fifty fucking million for less than a dozen or so good performances at this level. Jesus wept. I remember when James Beattie was our record signing for £6m. If this really is the Premier League now then I'm done and will be redoubling my efforts to try and make a halfway decent Cambridge United fan for the rest of my life. Utter fucking bollocks.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Never fails to make me laugh how the whole world are experts on Everton transfers. 

let's hope you never comment on another team's transfer rumours then xD 

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Strange thing to get defensive over. Everyone would say it if it was anyone paying £50mil for a £20-25mil player.

Most ridiculous transfer yet.

Who would've thought the two biggest clubs in the league (Leicester and Everton) are spending 12m on Liverpool's third choice keeper for when Kasper leaves and 50m on Richarlison!

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The question for me is, do Everton really need him? Do they need to spend £50m in that position? I look at their defensive players and think 'fuck me, that's bad'. 

EVERTON AREN’T THEY?! xD

Dumb cunts.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Superb bantz definitely worth those two rep points. Didn't know we were in my year 8 tutor group now xD.

to be fair, no different to Cannabis saying we can't comment on Everton without sound like experts on your transfer business xD 

much ado about nothing. I still don't understand the 'Everton aren't we?' phrase, having said that. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

to be fair, no different to Cannabis saying we can't comment on Everton without sound like experts on your transfer business xD 

much ado about nothing. I still don't understand the 'Everton aren't we?' phrase, having said that. 

No it's not but it's tedious when certain people just give out upvotes because someone makes a low quality joke about a club they don't like or equally when they do it to anyone who gives an opinion complimenting their own club. This is why I give rep to good jokes or good posts not rubbish like this which Gonzo is usually above.

"Everton Aren't We?" is just a saying. When used in a serious manner it's usually an expression of pride when Everton do something impressive. However that hasn't happened much in the last few years so most of the time it's used as a bit of a meme by Everton fans being sarcastic or for other clubs to take the piss out of our more chest-thumping and vocal fans on Twitter who used it for its original purpose.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

"Evertonians are born, not manufactured. Those who do not understand, do not matter. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum".

I know all that. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

No it's not but it's tedious when certain people just give out upvotes because someone makes a low quality joke about a club they don't like or equally when they do it to anyone who gives an opinion complimenting their own club. This is why I give rep to good jokes or good posts not rubbish like this which Gonzo is usually above.

"Everton Aren't We?" is just a saying. When used in a serious manner it's usually an expression of pride when Everton do something impressive. However that hasn't happened much in the last few years so most of the time it's used as a bit of a meme by Everton fans being sarcastic or for other clubs to take the piss out of our more chest-thumping and vocal fans on Twitter who used it for its original purpose.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's honestly lauagble (and frustrating) that this forum was absolutely class during the World Cup yet once the Premier League kicks off some sections revert back to their old selves.

£50 MILZ ON 1 PLAYER OMFG EVERTON ARENT THEY ONE NIGHT IN ISTANBUL LADS NA NA NA NAAA YNWA THIS YEARS OUR YEAR LADS #KLOPP #DIEKAISER #LOLERTON. 

It's quite frankly AIDS.

obviously when you exaggerate it like that it makes it sound much worse but there's obviously going to be some laughter and hilarity at you spending £50m. Obviously your rival fans are going to be more vocal about it. 

Just like you'll be vocal if Liverpool lose 5-0 against Man City again. That's exactly what football fans do xD. A week later it'll be something different to laugh at, be it roles reversed or at the same people etc. 

Yes this place was class during the World Cup but what else do you expect to happen while we wait for the new season to start and there's constantly 'silly-season-esque' rumours flying about!?

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Old cannabis has got some fucking cheek. He's the first one to jump in with anything to do with Liverpool but anyone bantz about Everton and he cries like a bitch wanting the forum shut down n that xD

I honestly can't take him seriously!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Point proven inside three minutes :ay:. Unfortunately forums where debate is welcomed and encouraged are a thing of the past. We really are in the ages of social media one-upmanship.

what you on about?

We were debating the £50m Richarlison fee the other day then you come in and say 'suddenly we're all experts on Everton transfers. we spend what we want blah blah'.

:|

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

"Debating" xD

Just another excuse for certain sections of the forum to flex their internet muscle on poor, little, tinpot Everton. 

Since the Moshiri money came in every man and his dog became an expert on us. We shouldn't do this, we shouldn't spend that. All wrapped up in posts that aren't actually structured or even pointing at anything in particular just created to jump on the anti-Everton bandwagon.

Even with our absolutely awful season last time around we finished 8th which shows that despite being gash at the moment we're not as bad as some of the dross in this league and despite not winning anything last season neither did Liverpool who by reading this forum you'd think had wrapped up a domestic treble, the World Cup, an Oscar and put a man on the moon.

Yes people were debating. Including your fellow Evertonian who was negative towards the idea of this signing. You obviously didn't fancy getting involved in the debate with him last night? Just came in this afternoon with the 'born not manufactured' bollocks and started going on about shit posts and people not debating. Funny that

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

"Debating" xD

Just another excuse for certain sections of the forum to flex their internet muscle on poor, little, tinpot Everton. 

Since the Moshiri money came in every man and his dog became an expert on us. We shouldn't do this, we shouldn't spend that. All wrapped up in posts that aren't actually structured or even pointing at anything in particular just created to jump on the anti-Everton bandwagon.

Even with our absolutely awful season last time around we finished 8th which shows that despite being gash at the moment we're not as bad as some of the dross in this league and despite not winning anything last season neither did Liverpool who by reading this forum you'd think had wrapped up a domestic treble, the World Cup, an Oscar and put a man on the moon.

anti-Everton bandwagon xD 

You realise EVERY time the transfer window comes about, EVERY club is told what they should and shouldn't be doing.

Give over with this 'woe is me, anti-Everton' shite. Even Rando commented about how absurd the £50m was. 

So what if other fans say what Everton should and shouldn't do? You know more about your club so live with that - debate it back surely instead of getting your knickers in a twist about it. 

Everyone would live so angrily if they got frustrated about other fans saying what their team should do. You think me and Dan don't get annoyed about who Leicester 'should buy or sell' every summer? For instance, Kasper Schmeichel should go for one last chance a big club apparently...Have we ever said you're an expert on Leicester transfers or got annoyed about it? Nope. 

Or Mahrez 'should go' to Man City which has lasted for over 2 years.

They're just a couple of examples. Literally every other club in the league faces the same shite - I talk about Liverpool signings, Man City signings, Fulham signings and so on - do I know more about the club more than the fans of the club? No. Do I have an opinion on them? Yes. Does it make me an 'expert' on the clubs? No. 

No-one claims to be an expert on Everton signings that isn't an Everton fan - anyone who does is pretty deluded and living a lie. But can we have an opinion and reaction on you spending big on a player that we don't think warrants that kind of fee? We absolutely can. 

46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Point proven inside three minutes :ay:. Unfortunately forums where debate is welcomed and encouraged are a thing of the past. We really are in the ages of social media one-upmanship.

Like when there's a debate related to Liverpool and you waltz in chirping "always the victims"?

Fuck off with that shit. If you can give it out, don't cry like a slag when you get it back mate. 

• Subscriber

I don't agree with everything Cannabis is saying here but there has been a clear change with attitudes towards Everton since Moshiri took over. In the past we've always been the best of the rest on average and nobody could really poke massive fun at us because we never had the resources to do more than what we were doing.

However now that there have been things where the club has fucked up and cycles of us getting optimistic as a fanbase that we can step forward as a club only to get knocked back, it's like a feeding frenzy. It's probably subconscious but it's almost as if some fans are making up for years of not being able to point at Everton and point out where we fucked up very often. 

A narrative has formed in the footballing social media hive mind after Everton had a bad summer where we spent a lot of money on players that flopped and ended having a bad season and employing Allardyce. There are a number of reasons you can make legitimate criticisms of us but I'm sick and tired of people just making any lazy negative comment about us because that's what everyone else is doing even if the comments are untrue.

In the last week I've been told we're "playing the victim" just for pointing out that another club is clearly publicly tapping up one of our players as if it's something we've been doing to other clubs for years. I've also had more than one debate with other members who have made out that Everton are a club who have a reputation for overspending in the market when we've done that on one or two players which is nothing compared to several other Premier League sides. There's also been a comment about how neither Koeman or Allardyce were given time at the club which I answered at the time and don't need to go into again. All lazy comments that people think they can get away with without being able to back it up just because other criticisms levelled at Everton which are actually fair are quite common at the moment.

If people want to criticise or give negative opinions about my club then fine, but if they're not true and just an attempt to get on board with a lazy narrative then expect me to challenge you on it. And if I do and you resort to stupid memes or Twitter jokes while your other mates give you upvotes and laugh reputation don't expect me to take you seriously, unless you actually make an effort to try and make a serious evaluation of the topic we are on about which @LFCMike actually tried to do originally for example to be fair to him. I think it's quite clearly from many comments from myself and @Cannabis last season that we aren't blinded by bias and regularly make negative comments about the club where they're justified.

Regarding the Richarlison fee, I'm sure Watford will call it £50m and Everton will say it's £38m plus about £10m add ons (which is still too much). Thats what happens with transfers like Barcelona will say they paid 100m plus add ons for Coutinho while Liverpool call it a transfer rising to 140m. This is what happens with transfers and PR these days and the actual money paid probably falls somewhere about halfway in between. Shouting roflmao £50m for Richarlison might make it look like Everton are that stupid (and we probably are pretty stupid but not quite that much) but you'd be naive to think that's what we will actually pay.

Archived