talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison Joins Everton for £40m

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Point proven inside three minutes :ay:. Unfortunately forums where debate is welcomed and encouraged are a thing of the past. We really are in the ages of social media one-upmanship.

Nobody is whiter than white on the issue and that includes yourself.

Back on track, I think it's fair to assume that this is a Marco Silva signing based on his previous affiliation with the player. He showed prior to his move to England and the first ten games last season that he is a special talent that could explode in to a top six player. However, for him to go for fifty million right now based on ten games would make me feel uncomfortable if I was an Everton fan. He needs a whole season of playing at that high standard he set for himself beforehand in my opinion.

I am also quite surprised that Marco Silva sees the wide position as an area to strengthen. On the right hand side it goes without saying that Theo Walcott has that position on lock down. Then on the left hand side they have two talents who could go on to have more successful careers than Richarlison in Vlasic and Lookman. Maybe you could do with another wide player that's versatile incase of injuries, but I wouldn't necessarily state that he needs to cost anywhere in the region of Zaha, Malcom or Richarlison.

Yerry Mina and the lad from Rennes seem like the exact players Everton should be going for. Reasonably priced, experienced overseas, on a similar level to other regular starters and could help develop the club closer to the top six.

Any news on another striker @RandoEFC @Cannabis? I thought that Niasse was as good as gone.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't agree with everything Cannabis is saying here but there has been a clear change with attitudes towards Everton since Moshiri took over. In the past we've always been the best of the rest on average and nobody could really poke massive fun at us because we never had the resources to do more than what we were doing.

However now that there have been things where the club has fucked up and cycles of us getting optimistic as a fanbase that we can step forward as a club only to get knocked back, it's like a feeding frenzy. It's probably subconscious but it's almost as if some fans are making up for years of not being able to point at Everton and point out where we fucked up very often. 

A narrative has formed in the footballing social media hive mind after Everton had a bad summer where we spent a lot of money on players that flopped and ended having a bad season and employing Allardyce. There are a number of reasons you can make legitimate criticisms of us but I'm sick and tired of people just making any lazy negative comment about us because that's what everyone else is doing even if the comments are untrue.

In the last week I've been told we're "playing the victim" just for pointing out that another club is clearly publicly tapping up one of our players as if it's something we've been doing to other clubs for years. I've also had more than one debate with other members who have made out that Everton are a club who have a reputation for overspending in the market when we've done that on one or two players which is nothing compared to several other Premier League sides. There's also been a comment about how neither Koeman or Allardyce were given time at the club which I answered at the time and don't need to go into again. All lazy comments that people think they can get away with without being able to back it up just because other criticisms levelled at Everton which are actually fair are quite common at the moment.

If people want to criticise or give negative opinions about my club then fine, but if they're not true and just an attempt to get on board with a lazy narrative then expect me to challenge you on it. And if I do and you resort to stupid memes or Twitter jokes while your other mates give you upvotes and laugh reputation don't expect me to take you seriously, unless you actually make an effort to try and make a serious evaluation of the topic we are on about which @LFCMike actually tried to do originally for example to be fair to him. I think it's quite clearly from many comments from myself and @Cannabis last season that we aren't blinded by bias and regularly make negative comments about the club where they're justified.

Regarding the Richarlison fee, I'm sure Watford will call it £50m and Everton will say it's £38m plus about £10m add ons (which is still too much). Thats what happens with transfers like Barcelona will say they paid 100m plus add ons for Coutinho while Liverpool call it a transfer rising to 140m. This is what happens with transfers and PR these days and the actual money paid probably falls somewhere about halfway in between. Shouting roflmao £50m for Richarlison might make it look like Everton are that stupid (and we probably are pretty stupid but not quite that much) but you'd be naive to think that's what we will actually pay.

all fair points.

I still don't believe there's an 'anti-Everton bandwagon' though. Laughable to suggest that in my opinion. You're bound to get some publicity when you have more money. And you're bound to be judged on it, too. It's expected. Just cos the club you support might get criticism, doesn't mean it's because everyone is suddenly 'anti-Everton' now that you have money to burn. 

And there's always going to be some shitty memes or jokes that people get on board with or think funny at the time. It happens everywhere with every club which is what I was trying to say above. 

Just like Everton fans would do the same when Liverpool spend an obscene amount of money on a player? 

Basically, nothing makes Everton special to be exempt from criticism or shitty memes/jokes (I'm guilty of it, I know) but then no other side is exempt from it either. We're all in the same boat :D. Our clubs will always get criticised to the hilt whoever we support, but you can bet your life on it that we will always defend our own club in the brightest, shiniest light because that's what we do. 

• Subscriber

I'm not going to call it an anti-Everton bandwagon but we've received more criticism in the last couple of years than I can ever remember, and most of it is fair, all I'm saying though is that some people seem to just chirp in with any old comment and act shocked if they get challenged on it being inaccurate because some people just seem to assume sometimes that because a lot of people are saying bad things about Everton then if they say something bad about us as well they must be right.

@The Palace Fan - Niasse is staying apparently and most of our fanbase seem to be more than happy with that, myself included.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not going to call it an anti-Everton bandwagon but we've received more criticism in the last couple of years than I can ever remember, and most of it is fair, all I'm saying though is that some people seem to just chirp in with any old comment and act shocked if they get challenged on it being inaccurate because some people just seem to assume sometimes that because a lot of people are saying bad things about Everton then if they say something bad about us as well they must be right.

@The Palace Fan - Niasse is staying apparently and most of our fanbase seem to be more than happy with that, myself included.

Was all the sources about Tom Davies refusing to play with him bollocks?

"Imagine if Mourinho bought the world's most expensive goalkeeper and defender and won nothing - there would be riots"

Just one of the quotes from Cannabis in the Allison topic. Can't dish it out then twine about sarcasm and ridicule when it's your own club spending the money.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Was all the sources about Tom Davies refusing to play with him bollocks?

Not heard anything about that? However I'd say not looking at this which was released by the club a couple of weeks back:

Obviously as with all football club social media this could be and probably is staged but I doubt they have a problem.

28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't agree with everything Cannabis is saying here but there has been a clear change with attitudes towards Everton since Moshiri took over. In the past we've always been the best of the rest on average and nobody could really poke massive fun at us because we never had the resources to do more than what we were doing.

However now that there have been things where the club has fucked up and cycles of us getting optimistic as a fanbase that we can step forward as a club only to get knocked back, it's like a feeding frenzy. It's probably subconscious but it's almost as if some fans are making up for years of not being able to point at Everton and point out where we fucked up very often. 

A narrative has formed in the footballing social media hive mind after Everton had a bad summer where we spent a lot of money on players that flopped and ended having a bad season and employing Allardyce. There are a number of reasons you can make legitimate criticisms of us but I'm sick and tired of people just making any lazy negative comment about us because that's what everyone else is doing even if the comments are untrue.

In the last week I've been told we're "playing the victim" just for pointing out that another club is clearly publicly tapping up one of our players as if it's something we've been doing to other clubs for years. I've also had more than one debate with other members who have made out that Everton are a club who have a reputation for overspending in the market when we've done that on one or two players which is nothing compared to several other Premier League sides. There's also been a comment about how neither Koeman or Allardyce were given time at the club which I answered at the time and don't need to go into again. All lazy comments that people think they can get away with without being able to back it up just because other criticisms levelled at Everton which are actually fair are quite common at the moment.

If people want to criticise or give negative opinions about my club then fine, but if they're not true and just an attempt to get on board with a lazy narrative then expect me to challenge you on it. And if I do and you resort to stupid memes or Twitter jokes while your other mates give you upvotes and laugh reputation don't expect me to take you seriously, unless you actually make an effort to try and make a serious evaluation of the topic we are on about which @LFCMike actually tried to do originally for example to be fair to him. I think it's quite clearly from many comments from myself and @Cannabis last season that we aren't blinded by bias and regularly make negative comments about the club where they're justified.

Regarding the Richarlison fee, I'm sure Watford will call it £50m and Everton will say it's £38m plus about £10m add ons (which is still too much). Thats what happens with transfers like Barcelona will say they paid 100m plus add ons for Coutinho while Liverpool call it a transfer rising to 140m. This is what happens with transfers and PR these days and the actual money paid probably falls somewhere about halfway in between. Shouting roflmao £50m for Richarlison might make it look like Everton are that stupid (and we probably are pretty stupid but not quite that much) but you'd be naive to think that's what we will actually pay.

Mate, when your club tries to show ambition and get it wrong it always ends with a truck full of shit being poured on you. 

Look at us when we were spending obscene amounts on Charlie fucking Adam and Stewart fucking Downing to supply Andy fucking Carrol. 

You can expect loads of shit from other fans (especially Liverpool fans) whilst you are transitioning from best of the rest to genuine top 6 challengers but eventually the stars will align and you'll catch a monster transfer window, and when that happens then nobody will be laughing. We had it for years mate.

Until then you'll just have to suck it up and hope that monster window comes sooner rather than later. 

Btw, I'm a fucker,  I'm a proper knob that loves rubbing blueshites noses in it, but I know eventually that you'll get your shit together just like we have and to be honest I can't wait. A competitive Mersyside is a healthy Merseyside. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not heard anything about that? However I'd say not looking at this which was released by the club a couple of weeks back:

Obviously as with all football club social media this could be and probably is staged but I doubt they have a problem.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6363564/everton-crisis-dressing-room-split/

I presume it's bollocks as it seems quite out of character for both of them based on the image they portray.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That statement is fact, no? 

And it's not exactly fishing either, and is worth reading as opposed to the usual "lolz, Everton tho" shite.

It's absolutely fishing, how can you sit and say you weren't expecting a certain reaction from that? 

It's the same as us or anybody else saying that Richarlson isn't worth anywhere near 50m, or 40m. You lot would be all over it (like you have been in the past) when and if we made mad bids for players.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That statement is fact, no? 

And it's not exactly fishing either, and is worth reading as opposed to the usual "lolz, Everton tho" shite.

To be fair, it's better than your usual going into Liverpool topics with 'always the victims, offended by everything lolz'

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not at all fishing, just drawing the lines between Mourinho and Klopp and how they are both portrayed/viewed by the media and fans.

Imagine if Liverpool had made a 50m all in bid for Richarlson. You, along with every one on this forum would be laughing your tits off. I'd be crying my tits off.

• Subscriber

The Echo are reporting that we will pay £35m rising to £40m so we can hopefully put away the £50m hysteria.

For me that fee is still steep without any doubt but IF Silva can get the best out of him again I guess I can accept it and even if he only develops into a solid first team player for us he'd cost more than that in a couple of years time when he's 23 and the market inflation continues to rape everyone.

Still pissed if we lose Lookman and gain Richarlison for a £15m-£20m loss or anything close to being in that region. Richarlison is slightly more proven in the Premier League but otherwise they should be fairly similar in value.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Superb bantz definitely worth those two rep points. Didn't know we were in my year 8 tutor group now xD.

If I can’t go for the low hanging fruit with making fun of Everton, then football is fucking dead.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

That's the major thing I don't understand. You let go of Lookman to bring this guy in??? Silva or whoever is making that decision is a spastic.

Couldn't believe it when I read that. Letting him go for a relatively small fee as well. Doesn't represent good value for money for me at all that.

I assume a large part of this is an excuse to throw some money at Watford to shut them up over the whole scenario.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The Echo are reporting that we will pay £35m rising to £40m so we can hopefully put away the £50m hysteria.

For me that fee is still steep without any doubt but IF Silva can get the best out of him again I guess I can accept it and even if he only develops into a solid first team player for us he'd cost more than that in a couple of years time when he's 23 and the market inflation continues to rape everyone.

Still pissed if we lose Lookman and gain Richarlison for a £15m-£20m loss or anything close to being in that region. Richarlison is slightly more proven in the Premier League but otherwise they should be fairly similar in value.

Would you be happy/happier/more accepting of this signing at £35m rising to £40m then? 

16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just because you don't like the criticism doesn't make it lazy xD

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just because you don't like the criticism doesn't make it lazy xD

Read again, you've obviously either read one sentence of that entire post or completely missed the point. I went to great lengths to make it clear that if the criticism is accurate and based on more than rhetoric then fine but that frequently isn't the case.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Would you be happy/happier/more accepting of this signing at £35m rising to £40m then? 

Not happy but I can accept it. Anything higher than that sends out the wrong message about our business going forward. A headline fee of £35m you can describe as "steep but that's the market now".

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Reports that our £22,000,000 bid for Lucas Digne has been accepted.

What did you think of Antonee Robinson last night? The commentators were very critical of his final ball which was generally poor to be fair but I thought he looked solid defensively and for a young full back is already very adept in his attacking movement and finding space to receive the switch. Another year or two and I think he could genuinely be competing for that left back role.

Digne I don't know much about. I know he is pretty quick from playing with him on Fifa ultimate team and he must be half decent to be signed by Barcelona in the first place but aside from that, I don't know. If he can do a decent job for us though then £22m is a good deal even for a full back.

Archived