talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone Considering Leaving Manchester United

He's made some comments this week about how he 'cannot wait forever' to play for Manchester United.
Personally, whilst I rate him I can't see him ever being Unites first choice Goalkeeper. However, based on this season he looks like he would be a coup for most Championship clubs.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as long as they have the best keeper in the league, they're not going to take a chance on youth unless he gets hurt. So for his career it's probably best to move, keeper is a position where players tend to grow exponentially with more experience. Better to play now than stagnate on the bench.

He should really have left United a few years ago. Let’s be honest, he’s not going to oust David De Gea, who’s been United’s stand out player for the past five years, and Johnstone has been at Preston and now Villa and proven his worth at both League One and Championship level. 

Whether he’d be good enough for a Villa side in the Premier League, I’m not sure but he’d be wise to move to a decent Championship club and get another year at that level under his belt. 

Dean Henderson, who’s at Shrewsbury now and was maimed in the JPT Final at the weekend, is another United keeper who’d be wise to leave Old Trafford, too. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

He should really have left United a few years ago. Let’s be honest, he’s not going to oust David De Gea, who’s been United’s stand out player for the past five years, and Johnstone has been at Preston and now Villa and proven his worth at both League One and Championship level. 

Whether he’d be good enough for a Villa side in the Premier League, I’m not sure but he’d be wise to move to a decent Championship club and get another year at that level under his belt. 

Dean Henderson, who’s at Shrewsbury now and was maimed in the JPT Final at the weekend, is another United keeper who’d be wise to leave Old Trafford, too. 

saw that yesterday. Disgusting from Mat Rhead. Has he been punished for it?

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

saw that yesterday. Disgusting from Mat Rhead. Has he been punished for it?

Yellow card at the time so that’s as far as it will go, I think. 

He was knocked unconscious and then five minutes later Lincoln scored the one and only goal of the game. Must of been like rubbing salt in the wound. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived