talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fernando Torres - Reunion With Rafa?

Just been released that Fernando Torres will be leaving Atlético Madrid at the end of this present season. What’s not clear is if this is retirement or moving on to one of the final pay day leagues. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine it's China or MLS. I know he's ruled out playing for another Spanish club but I can't think of any teams in top league's that will think he's going to be worth his wage packet.

Rafa Benítez and Newcastle United?

I don't know, but something about that seems believable.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't imagine Ashley paying the wages.

Maybe Torres will be willing to forgo his typical wages and wait for the payday leagues?  Just to have another couple of seasons at the top level?

This is me just putting a different spin on things as I and nobody has any idea whatsoever what's going to occur with him as the same is occurring with Andrés Iniesta at Barça who looks to have made his mind up to leave but nobody knows where or if it's retirement.

• 1 month later...

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez has refused to rule out the possibility of signing Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres this summer.

Torres left Atletico for Liverpool in 2007, where he played under Benitez, before returning to Madrid in 2015 and will leave his boyhood club for the second time at the end of the season.

The 34-year-old was a late substitute during Atletico's 3-0 Europa League final win in Lyonon Wednesday night and lifted the trophy, the first he has won with the club.

Decent backup for Ayoze Perez to be fair :ph34r:

The way Rafa will look at it is if the cluh doesn't have the money to buy 2 £20m attackers now then buy 1 and get some experience from another. He's always complaining about a lack of experience in the team.

However if Fulham come up they will buy Mitro for £20m and we should then have the money for 2.

The most likely real destination for Torres seems to be the MLS as he's apparently had some mega offers there and he is supposedly very in with David Beckham. But I would suspect that one last shot in the Premier League will turn his head, who wouldn't. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The most likely real destination for Torres seems to be the MLS as he's apparently had some mega offers there and he is supposedly very in with David Beckham. But I would suspect that one last shot in the Premier League will turn his head, who wouldn't. 

I'm sure big MLS offers will still be there in a years time. They'd sign Maradona now if he was up for it xD

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived