talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabio Capello Retires

football forum

Apparently he made comments to an Italian journalist that his latest job in China would be his last.
Sad really that his awful spell at Soith Africa 2010 will overshadow everything he achieved up until then in England. Before that it was a great managerial career.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Apparently he made comments to an Italian journalist that his latest job in China would be his last.
Sad really that his awful spell at Soith Africa 2010 will overshadow everything he achieved up until then in England. Before that it was a great managerial career.

is it bad I said this in a South African accent cos you misspelt it anyway xD 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

England did about par for the course with him in charge, don't see why that would tarnish his record. 

We were shit no doubt but he was terrible also, only tactic was Terry hoof it to a winger who hoofs it into the box.

• 9 months later...
On 11/04/2018 at 11:36, Danny said:

One of the worst England managers we've had and we had Steve McClaren. Still can't argue with his career

He was better than McClaren. 

The 2010 World Cup was the worst I can remember, I’d even go as far as saying that it was worse than the 2016 Euros squad due to the players available to each manager.

Crapello was awful. His arrogance and lack of interest in learning English was a sackable offence in itself and his resignation, not long after John Terry was rightfully binned for being a racist was almost a defence of Terry too, which was embarrassing. 

I’d go as far as saying the worst I’ve seen manage England given his reputation and standing in the game. 

football forum

Capella was mediocre but it would be laughable to put him under McClaren who failed to even get us to a tournament and Hodgson in the latter stages who absolutely cocked up World Cup 2014, crashing out after just two games. 

England are a poor footballing nation generally and that squad was particularly poisonous for all who came near it, unfair to tarnish Capello's career with managing them.

His success with Milan stands out most of all, the 1994 thrashing of 'dream team' Barcelona remains one of the best European Cup victories of all time.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

England are a poor footballing nation generally and that squad was particularly poisonous for all who came near it, unfair to tarnish Capello's career with managing them.

His success with Milan stands out most of all, the 1994 thrashing of 'dream team' Barcelona remains one of the best European Cup victories of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InW8tS5_e_4

Archived