• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ander Herrera Spitgate

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Unintentionally..

How do you spit at someone unintentionally?

Better said... Spitting is a voluntary facial mechanical muscular action which only occurs when one wills it to occur. I've never once encountered or heard  of a person that suffers from involuntary muscular spasms that cause spontaneous spitting.

But then again this could be a spitting format of Tourette's syndrome.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How do you spit at someone unintentionally?

Better said... Spitting is a voluntary facial mechanical muscular action which only occurs when one wills it to occur. I've never once encountered or heard  of a person that suffers from involuntary muscular spasms that cause spontaneous spitting.

But then again this could be a spitting format of Tourette's syndrome.

Wasn't it not at a person, but at the Citeh club crest?

I mean, he clearly intentionally spat. You can't deny that. But it wasn't spitting at anybody, so banning him would probably be overly harsh. It's not exactly a civilised thing to do though. Disrespectful to Citeh too. It's tough to say what the appropriate punishment should be for it.

Having said that, he plays for Manchester United. Therefore, I'm all in favour of some sort of cruel, unusual, an unncessary punishment. How about letting every Citeh player (first team, reserves, and youth team) to spit in his mouth or something along those lines? Not civilised and extra disgusting... but I don't see why not.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Players spit all the time, same as blowing the snot out of their noses.  Could have been intentional, or it could just as easy as been where he needed to spit   Why do they have their crest on the pitch anyway?

It's just off the pitch leading towards the tunnel. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn't it not at a person, but at the Citeh club crest?

I mean, he clearly intentionally spat. You can't deny that. But it wasn't spitting at anybody, so banning him would probably be overly harsh. It's not exactly a civilised thing to do though. Disrespectful to Citeh too. It's tough to say what the appropriate punishment should be for it.

Having said that, he plays for Manchester United. Therefore, I'm all in favour of some sort of cruel, unusual, an unncessary punishment. How about letting every Citeh player (first team, reserves, and youth team) to spit in his mouth or something along those lines? Not civilised and extra disgusting... but I don't see why not.

True, and it's impossible to prove what he meant by it. I know athletes spit, it's normal and anyone that's played sport at any level will know what that's about. But how many times have we seen intentional things of this kind happen whether it's at another individual or as a mark of disrespect at whatever. Spitting is something (for me at least) that should be treated with the utmost disgust.

Archived