• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcus Edwards Loan Terminated

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

If, as the article suggests, he didn't turn up on time for meetings or training sessions, he should be punished and if he continued to do so, then terminating the loan is the best cause of action. 

Quite agree.

Unfortunately the article confirms a lot of what I've been hearing over the last year or so - which is a shame. He's a great talent, and we were hoping this loan would be the making of him, but clearly he still has a long way to go to mature. He needs to realise if he had been more professional and had met Poch's standards, he'd be in the first team squad now. The talent is there, but for Poch that comes second, it's all about the application - and clearly he's yet to realise that.

I fear he's going to go the same way as a number of other talented but troubled youngsters in the past. He will leave us, move around clubs a bit, show some of that potential at times, but never live up to his early promise. You see it all to often with young players in this country.

If the article is true or at least some of the content then he has shown a lot of disrespect for Norwich if he has failed to turn up on time to even one single training session... Don't know the player and never seen him play but this is either a case of not wanting to be there or finding the whole discipline of training a bit too much... If it's the latter he will find things getting a lot tougher for him now back at Spurs... 

Weird.. most players his age would kill to be in the sights of a club like Spurs yet some just can't see the bigger picture.. I wonder how much of it has to do with influences outside the club like mates, girlfriends etc.. When they are young they do have a tendency to be distracted as they sometimes they feel they are missing out on other things... 

• Subscriber

Speaking of talented youngsters @The Palace Fan - what are your thoughts on Nya Kirby? Was another of prospects from the production line - but a few off field disagreements led to his departure, largely Chelsea trying to poach him, seen him on your bench a few times, has he had good reviews in the youth teams?

17 minutes ago, Storts said:

Speaking of talented youngsters @The Palace Fan - what are your thoughts on Nya Kirby? Was another of prospects from the production line - but a few off field disagreements led to his departure, largely Chelsea trying to poach him, seen him on your bench a few times, has he had good reviews in the youth teams?

I'm genuinely quite surprised more hasn't been done to give Nya Kirby and Luke Dreher more first team football this season to assist with their development. Especially Nya given his flair and potential. Then again our record of bringing through academy players since Steve Parish has been involved with the club is somewhat abysmal. It's my biggest critique of the guy.

The rumours that i've heard are he was late for everything and had a shit attitude when he did turn up to training, the lack of complaint from Spurs/Poch suggests we were right to terminate his loan. I believe Poch has questioned his attitude before.

It was a strange signing anyway, we have plenty of attacking midfielders.

it all seems very Ravel Morrison.

• 1 year later...

Archived