talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sarri's Future at Napoli in Doubt

Seems the end of 'the cycle' at Napoli could be this summer. Not just Sarri, but several of Napoli's players have been strongly linked with moves away.

If Napoli can't hold on to their best players, would Sarri want to have to rebuild a team again? But this link between him and Monaco makes no sense at Monaco's sustainable model has been selling their players year after year. I don't see how that would be a better move for him.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Shame that we are never linked with a coach that likes offensive football.

Roman must be evaluating his whole business strategy given how much money he's lost. 

Sarri or Jardim looks to be the best available. 

Just as people feel Gerrard deserved the PL and Buffon deserved the UCL, Hamsik deserves the Scudetto. He's not having his best season compared to his last 2, but on form he was an absolute orchestra. Everything went around him and the standard he showed was that of a top 10-15 player in the world. Easily one of the most underrated players in Serie A this century.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Just as people feel Gerrard deserved the PL and Buffon deserved the UCL, Hamsik deserves the Scudetto. He's not having his best season compared to his last 2, but on form he was an absolute orchestra. Everything went around him and the standard he showed was that of a top 10-15 player in the world. Easily one of the most underrated players in Serie A this century.

Totti deserved it more and he never won it. Infact there are plenty of names that can be put into a list but that’s the way the cookie crumbles in sport. Napoli haven’t been in a position to win the Scudetto since they last won it. They’ve been very good in recent years but still miles behind Juventus... That with me being kind because what I really think is that they’ve bottled it three years running and when that occurs in football it’s down to the iconic players in the team. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Totti deserved it more and he never won it. Infact there are plenty of names that can be put into a list but that’s the way the cookie crumbles in sport. Napoli haven’t been in a position to win the Scudetto since they last won it. They’ve been very good in recent years but still miles behind Juventus... That with me being kind because what I really think is that they’ve bottled it three years running and when that occurs in football it’s down to the iconic players in the team. 

The last sentence is up for debate I think, but I agree with everything else. Its just a shame people don't say "Hamsik" deserved to win it as he really is (or was) one of the worlds most underappreciated players.

Didn't Totti win in 2001 though with Batigol?

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The last sentence is up for debate I think, but I agree with everything else. Its just a shame people don't say "Hamsik" deserved to win it as he really is (or was) one of the worlds most underappreciated players.

He did. @SirBalon is on crack 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

sarTotti deserved it more and he never won it. Infact there are plenty of names that can be put into a list but that’s the way the cookie crumbles in sport. Napoli haven’t been in a position to win the Scudetto since they last won it. They’ve been very good in recent years but still miles behind Juventus... That with me being kind because what I really think is that they’ve bottled it three years running and when that occurs in football it’s down to the iconic players in the team. 

Totti won the Scudetto though. He probably deserved to have won it more times, at least in my opinion. But Totti is hands down one of my favourite non-LFC players ever.

I do feel for Napoli if they can't keep ahold of Sarri or their quality players. They've been great this season and I like the way Sarri gets his sides playing. At the same time... give us Jorginho Napoli, please. We can give you... Simon Mignolet... if you want (they were rumoured to be in for him, weirdly).

3 hours ago, Blue said:

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He did. @SirBalon is on crack 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Totti won the Scudetto though. He probably deserved to have won it more times, at least in my opinion. But Totti is hands down one of my favourite non-LFC players ever.

I do feel for Napoli if they can't keep ahold of Sarri or their quality players. They've been great this season and I like the way Sarri gets his sides playing. At the same time... give us Jorginho Napoli, please. We can give you... Simon Mignolet... if you want (they were rumoured to be in for him, weirdly).

I messed up! :(

But there have been plenty of players that have deserved things and haven't won them. Remember... I'm the only person you guys know that doesn't use google or wiki. 

It's like being with a girl with natural tits instead of silicone ones. :banana:O.o

Archived