football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

14th April 2018.

Any tips?

I don’t like ‘tips’ on the National as it can be a lottery, however I have had a lot of winners I’ve been surprised!

I do like Tiger Roll and the trainer Gordon Elliot had a fantastic Cheltenham festival so he’s in good form(I had Native River in the Gold cup!) But I’m put off simply because it’s favourite. 

You not seen any you fancy?

• Administrator
15 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don’t like ‘tips’ on the National as it can be a lottery, however I have had a lot of winners I’ve been surprised!

I do like Tiger Roll and the trainer Gordon Elliot had a fantastic Cheltenham festival so he’s in good form(I had Native River in the Gold cup!) But I’m put off simply because it’s favourite. 

You not seen any you fancy?

By name, Vicente (Iborra) and The Last Samuri (Okazaki) xD

Was also thinking Tiger Roll as well as Total Recall as well. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

@nudge

I don't know if you bet but there's a  horse called Final Nudge in the Grand National tomorrow :). Currently st 40/1.

I don't bet, tried to open an account on bwin a few years back, they let me deposit some money and then blocked my account as apparently they found my location suspicious. After numerous phone calls to their customer support and identity verification with scanned documents and what not, they finally managed to refund me half of the amount I deposited originally - that took them about two months, and then I never heard from them again. In fact, they still owe me the other half. Cunts.

I'd bet on this horse though :D

5 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I had tiger roll £5 each way, I also had a £5 win on bless the wings which finished third. Not sure how much I will get for tiger roll on an each way bet.

Good work.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I had tiger roll £5 each way, I also had a £5 win on bless the wings which finished third. Not sure how much I will get for tiger roll on an each way bet.

i had similar.

Had Tiger Roll as a £2 single and also couple of quid each on Bless The Wings E/W and Anibale Fly E/W. 

Got about £45 quid back. First time I've won on the national for years.

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber

Instead of starting a new thread for this year's (2019) Grand National I have high-jacked @Stan s 2018 Grand National thread, anybody got any tips? Me and the wife only have a wee flutter every year on the GN or Derby and that's about it gambling wise, just waiting for our son to give us a few tips as he was once a bookie manager.

The horses I have chosen this year are...

• Rathvinden
  • Tiger Roll
  • Jury Duty
  • One For Arthur

A couple of long shots will be...

• Outlander
  • Tea For Two

• The title was changed to Grand National
On 04/04/2019 at 09:43, CaaC - John said:

Instead of starting a new thread for this year's (2019) Grand National I have high-jacked @Stan s 2018 Grand National thread, anybody got any tips? Me and the wife only have a wee flutter every year on the GN or Derby and that's about it gambling wise, just waiting for our son to give us a few tips as he was once a bookie manager.

The horses I have chosen this year are...

• Rathvinden
  • Tiger Roll
  • Jury Duty
  • One For Arthur

A couple of long shots will be...

• Outlander
  • Tea For Two

I'll have a look tomorrow. Don't know much about horse racing so will have a general look, see what ones are recommended and go from there. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll have a look tomorrow. Don't know much about horse racing so will have a general look, see what ones are recommended and go from there. 

Same here, I would not say I am an ardent fan of horse racing and don't really gamble regularly (except for the National Lottery once in a while and scratch cards) but the likes of the Grand National(s) and the Derby is a once a year event so me and the wife always have a wee flutter with up to maybe £5.00.

I normally look at the odd's of the horse when I pick one but the wife always goes by what jockey is riding the horse and the name of the horse and believe it or not she has had more winners over the years than me.   

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Same here, I would not say I am an ardent fan of horse racing and don't really gamble regularly (except for the National Lottery once in a while and scratch cards) but the likes of the Grand National(s) and the Derby is a once a year event so me and the wife always have a wee flutter with up to maybe £5.00.

I normally look at the odd's of the horse when I pick one but the wife always goes by what jockey is riding the horse and the name of the horse and believe it or not she has had more winners over the years than me.   

Think I've had one winner since I started having a flutter in the past 10-15 years, so you can see how good my luck is. xD

Have had a few placed so that's not so bad. 

Currently looking at Joe Farrell for an each way bet but may have a couple more as well. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Currently looking at Joe Farrell for an each way bet but may have a couple more as well. 

I ended up putting an each way bet on Joe Farrell yesterday (it won the Scottish Grand National last year) once I saw what the wife wanted a bet on so I had to change my original horses as the wife had picked some of mine so now I have 50p e/w fixed odds on...

1. Anibale Fly  14/1
  2. Joe Farrell   18/1
  3. One For Arthur   22/1
  4. Outlander   100/1
  5. Pleasant Company   18/1
  6. Tea For Two   40/1

The wife has gone for...

1. Jury Duty   20/1  £1 win
  2. Lake View Lad  14/1 £1 win   
  3. Rathvinden   10/1 £1 win
  4. Vintage Clouds  12/1 £1 win
  5. Dounikos   40/1 50p e/w 
  6. Tiger Roll  4/1  50p e/w

We both have gone £1 over our normal betting limit this year on the G/N, normally we only place bets on at a £5 limit so this year the outlay will be £12 instead of £10, but it's only a once a year.  

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

I ended up putting an each way bet on Joe Farrell yesterday (it won the Scottish Grand National last year) once I saw what the wife wanted a bet on so I had to change my original horses as the wife had picked some of mine so now I have 50p e/w fixed odds on...

1. Anibale Fly  14/1
  2. Joe Farrell   18/1
  3. One For Arthur   22/1
  4. Outlander   100/1
  5. Pleasant Company   18/1
  6. Tea For Two   40/1

The wife has gone for...

1. Jury Duty   20/1  £1 win
  2. Lake View Lad  14/1 £1 win   
  3. Rathvinden   10/1 £1 win
  4. Vintage Clouds  12/1 £1 win
  5. Dounikos   40/1 50p e/w 
  6. Tiger Roll  4/1  50p e/w

We both have gone £1 over our normal betting limit this year on the G/N, normally we only place bets on at a £5 limit so this year the outlay will be £12 instead of £10, but it's only a once a year.  

Decided to go for Rathvinden, Lake View Lad, Joe Farrell and General Principle (the latter considered a possible outside contender if things go for it). £2.50 e/w on the lot as this is the only decent bet I do all year. 

Archived