talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Grand National

football forum

5 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I said Tiger Roll last year and it's really hard not to fancy it this year, it's just its a massive favourite which I don't like, especially at the National. 

I was tempted but you don't tend to see last year's winner win it the following year as well.

Watch this backfire on me now. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I was tempted but you don't tend to see last year's winner win it the following year as well.

Watch this backfire on me now. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

And of course this happened. Fuck sake. 

Aye, the wife backed Tiger Role, equals Red Rums record of winning the GN two years on the trot

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, it is being reported that Up for Review died after falling at the first fence. It did look a nasty fall and a shame to hear. 

That is the only downfall of the GN, sad to hear.

• 2 years later...
  • Subscriber

Grand National today and I had to do it online as the bookies not open, once a year flutter for me and the wife on the Nationals (including the Scottish & Welsh) plus the Derby when it's run, just hope it all goes well and no horses get injured.

£14 max me and the wife put on, my selection (£1 each way)

• Any Second Now - 5/1
  • Majic Light - 14/1
  • Definitely Red - 40/1
  • Potters Corner - 22/1
  • The Long Mile - 50/1

The wife picked (£1 win only)

• Mister Malarky - 20/1
  • Chris's Dream - 50/1
  • Cloth Cap - 11/2
  • Taking Risks - 14/1

Normally the wife bloody wins, she goes by the jocky's who are riding and one of her favourite jockeys is Jonjo O'Neill and he is on Cloth Cap, 11/2 fav when we placed the bets, our son being an ex bookies manager at Corals went for 

• Burrows Saint - 8/1 (£2 win only)
  • Lakeview Lad - 50/1 (£1 e/w)
  • Bally Optic - 80/1 (£1 e/w)

He only had £5 in his Sky Bet account left a couple of weeks ago so he just whacked that on some horses and forgot about it, he checked his account later and found he had won £125, so a few wine & lagers went down well that day after :drunk:  xD

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Grand National today and I had to do it online as the bookies not open, once a year flutter for me and the wife on the Nationals (including the Scottish & Welsh) plus the Derby when it's run, just hope it all goes well and no horses get injured.

I believe that's 4 times a year :P

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Any Second Now - 5/1

Oh well, at least I got a couple of quid back for third, nice to see the first female jockey, Rachael Blackmore winning riding Minella Times and no horses being injured. :congrats:

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Oh well, at least I got a couple of quid back for third, nice to see the first female jockey, Rachael Blackmore winning riding Minella Times and no horses being injured. :congrats:

One was clearly being euthanized with about three fences to go.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

One was clearly being euthanized with about three fences to go.

I heard they shot one while they were still jumping. And they don't want horses injured! 

Archived