talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard - Is he Under Performing?

Eden Hazard's form has been criticised as struggling Chelsea prepare to face Southampton.

The Blues are on a run of just three wins from 11 Premier League games since the turn of the year, with head coach Antonio Conte facing mounting pressure and star man Hazard also under scrutiny.

The Belgian has not scored or provided an assist in any of his last six appearances, with Chelsea only recording one win - their 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace in March - in the process.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cicero says he carries Chelsea more often than not, so is it a case of him not performing or him being asked to do too much and bus manager/teammates routinely let him down.

It's easy for good players to lose their form when they're being asked to play awful football and their teammates are playing like shit.

He's been poor this season. Yeah he's been forced to play out of position, but his attitude stinks. His back heel flicks are getting annoying. 

I'm still adamant in saying that Hazard is the most naturally gifted player in the league. He's worked under conservative managers since he's been in England, and he has still managed to show his quality. I think the manager's mental state and the style of football we play deeply impacts Hazard's ability as a footballer, as it would to any player. When new ideas are brought in that involve direct attacking play, Hazard shines. When we play passive, conservative football, Hazard doesn't.  It is evident to see that when we continue to play these defensive/cowardly tactics, it affects the players and lose trust in the manager. 

Unless we get an attacking manager in, Hazard will leave and I wouldn't blame him. DiMatteo, Benitez, Mourinho, and Conte. All conservative styles and approaches to the game. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's been poor this season. Yeah he's been forced to play out of position, but his attitude stinks. His back heel flicks are getting annoying. 

I'm still adamant in saying that Hazard is the most naturally gifted player in the league. He's worked under conservative managers since he's been in England, and he has still managed to show his quality. I think the manager's mental state and the style of football we play deeply impacts Hazard's ability as a footballer, as it would to any player. When new ideas are brought in that involve direct attacking play, Hazard shines. When we play passive, conservative football, Hazard doesn't.  It is evident to see that when we continue to play these defensive/cowardly tactics, it affects the players and lose trust in the manager. 

Unless we get an attacking manager in, Hazard will leave and I wouldn't blame him. DiMatteo, Benitez, Mourinho, and Conte. All conservative styles and approaches to the game. 

The last sentence in your post is nonsense mate. Benitez for one managed to propel Fernando Torres to world class status, improve Gerrard beyond belief and even have Dirk Kuyt looking like a galactico. 

Great players show up no matter what and I’m sick of hearing all the excuses as to why Hazard doesn’t. 

Maybe it’s not all the managers fault that he’s played under? Maybe it’s because he’s got a weak character and he’s just simply not as good as some Chelsea fans think he is? 

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The last sentence in your post is nonsense mate. Benitez for one managed to propel Fernando Torres to world class status, improve Gerrard beyond belief and even have Dirk Kuyt looking like a galactico. 

Great players show up no matter what and I’m sick of hearing all the excuses as to why Hazard doesn’t. 

Maybe it’s not all the managers fault that he’s played under? Maybe it’s because he’s got a weak character and he’s just simply not as good as some Chelsea fans think he is? 

Explain why Salah and KDB did so poorly under Mourinho then? 

I shouldn't have even included Benitez to be quite honest youre right. We did play better and he was only here for the 2nd half of the season. 

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To be fair, I don't think he's the only player at Chelsea with a less than ideal attitude. And I think that's a part of why Hazard and Chelsea either have years where they are consistently brilliant, or years where the players look defeated mentally for large chunks of the season.

But like I've said before, Chelsea managers are caught between a rock and a hard place as the pressure for immediate results is always there. For instance, if you miss out on the CL this year, I imagine expectations for next year are the title. Doesn't leave a lot of room to abandon conservative football entirely if immediate results are necessary.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I shouldn't have even included Benitez to be quite honest youre right. We did play better and he was only here for the 2nd half of the season. 

How many minutes did Salah even get for you? I feel like he was a bit part player, nothing more. And once he went to Italy and had first team regular first team football he grew as a player. I don't even remember KDB ever playing in a Chelsea shirt, so I imagine he played even less.

Young players don't develop on their own. They need to be given the time to play and improve their craft.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because they were young and Mourinho gives no fucks about youngsters. 

Come on mate, you’re better than this. When are you going to realise that Hazard has had all the chances in the world under numerous managers yet he has always flattered to deceive. 

Great players don’t just turn up when they feel like it. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many minutes did Salah even get for you? I feel like he was a bit part player, nothing more. And once he went to Italy and had first team regular first team football he grew as a player. I don't even remember KDB ever playing in a Chelsea shirt, so I imagine he played even less.

Young players don't develop on their own. They need to be given the time to play and improve their craft.

Salah had more than 20 appearances and failed to impress in the vast majority. KDB actually showed some promise at the start but the restrictions of him to advance forward made him useless in midfield. Hence Mourinho preferring Oscar. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Because they were young and Mourinho gives no fucks about youngsters. 

Come on mate, you’re better than this. When are you going to realise that Hazard has had all the chances in the world under numerous managers yet he has always flattered to deceive. 

Great players don’t just turn up when they feel like it. 

Yet conveniently got incredibly better under Managers that impelmented a style that got the best out of their ability. That is my whole fucking point. 

You are absolutely daft, and I mean daft, if you think our style of football under the conservative managers Hazard has played under had no bearing on his ability as a footballer. Mental to think otherwise. 

Bad football can always make players look worse. Anyone remember Maxi Rodriguez under Hodgson? Neither do I, but I do remember King Kenny coming in after the Hodge was sacked and Maxi went on a goal scoring run.

And I don't even think we were playing that good of stuff under Kenny, it was just better than the turgid shite we were playing before.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Salah had more than 20 appearances and failed to impress in the vast majority. KDB actually showed some promise at the start but the restrictions of him to advance forward made him useless in midfield. Hence Mourinho preferring Oscar. 

Yet conveniently got incredibly better under Managers that impelmented a style that got the best out of their ability. That is my whole fucking point. 

You are absolutely daft, and I mean daft, if you think our style of football under the conservative managers Hazard has played under had no bearing on his ability as a footballer. Mental to think otherwise. 

Ok mate, it’s everyone else’s fault. Hazard has just been hard done by. 

Give me a break ffs. Hazard has played in league winning sides and still never been the best player in the league. 

When the tough gets going, Hazard fucks off. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Give me a break ffs. 

He's not saying it's not Hazard's fault. He's said he's got a poor attitude and is playing within himself.

He's just saying the shite football I'd a contributing factor. I think there's definitely merit in that. And I don't think he's the only player doing the same thing at Chelsea. Which to me better explains how Chelsea have once again gone from a season looking very good to a season looking significantly less good, than something like sudden onset shiteness.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Give me a break ffs. Hazard has played in league winning sides and still never been the best player in the league. 

When the tough gets going, Hazard fucks off. 

Except that one time where he won the league and was voted the best player in the league.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sometimes young talent needs to be nurtured, because:

ge1tb6fyjfr01.png

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sometimes young talent needs to be nurtured, because:

ge1tb6fyjfr01.png

I personally hope he goes on and wins you guys the CL as well as the Balon d'Or. Personally like the bloke. 

Also hope maybe this will make our board to not be so retarded in letting talented players go without a buy back clause. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's not saying it's not Hazard's fault. He's said he's got a poor attitude and is playing within himself.

He's just saying the shite football I'd a contributing factor. I think there's definitely merit in that. And I don't think he's the only player doing the same thing at Chelsea. Which to me better explains how Chelsea have once again gone from a season looking very good to a season looking significantly less good, than something like sudden onset shiteness.

Not buying it mate. There are countless examples of players that have played for sides/managers that hasn’t been to their required taste but have still shown up and shown their quality. 

Hazard for me is like one of those fans that only sings when he’s winning. Poor attitude, weak character and poor motivation that will never ever see him be classed as one of the best players. 

Not buying it mate. There are countless examples of players that have played for sides/managers that hasn’t been to their required taste but have still shown up and shown their quality. 

Hazard for me is like one of those fans that only sings when he’s winning. Poor attitude, weak character and poor motivation that will never ever see him be classed as one of the best players. 

Except Salah didn't 9_9

Just now, Cicero said:

Except Salah didn't 9_9

Kinell he was a baby mate that needed bedding in. He never got a chance. 

We are talking about Hazard, a seasoned pro that should be considered a top player yet isn’t because he goes missing for 6 months out of every season, sometimes more. 

Kinell he was a baby mate that needed bedding in. He never got a chance. 

We are talking about Hazard, a seasoned pro that should be considered a top player yet isn’t because he goes missing for 6 months out of every season, sometimes more. 

A baby that already had a great start in the Champions league that very season with Basel, to which he actually scored against us at the Bridge. More than 20 apperances under Mourinho he failed to replicate any type of form he had at Basel....an attacking side. 

Hazard was a baby when he joined us and we won the Europa league his first season. 

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Except that one time where he won the league and was voted the best player in the league.

You are like a confused insect drawn to the crackpot flame of these threads for Muppets to bash our club.

Don't waste your time, your never reach them between the ears.

You are better than this.

I’ll tell you what, Hazard must be the best playing invisible man in the world. 

This leagues best players have always been poached, from Ronaldo, Suarez, Coutinho, Bale, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Beckham, you name it. 

Yet Hazard always seams to slip through the net?

Now, is it because all of the best clubs scouts have been drugged whilst watching him thousands of times and decided he’s not worth the punt?

Or is it because he’s a good player when he can be bothered but not quite good enough for an elite club? 

Hmmmn???

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’ll tell you what, Hazard must be the best playing invisible man in the world. 

This leagues best players have always been poached, from Ronaldo, Suarez, Coutinho, Bale, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Beckham, you name it. 

Yeah let's just conveniently ignore all the Real Madrid talks throughout the years and the sheer fact we aren't known for being a selling club. xD

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah let's just conveniently ignore all the Real Madrid talks throughout the years and the sheer fact we aren't known for being a selling club. xD

If they wanted him, they’d get him. Don’t make any bones about that. 

Archived