The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 32 Fixtures - 13th-15th April, 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'm amazed at how a conversation on Leicester City v Crystal Palace has gotten onto the 32nd week fixtures of La Liga in 2018. :rofl:O.o

I'm going to offer Wayne Hennessey out to every thread in every league when the transfer window reopens.

22 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

You know you're in god tier when the prospect of an unbeaten season feels like a consolation prize

Well with that victory (victory or draw) it breaks the record in La Liga for biggest run of 39 games undefeated.

The record was previously owned by Real Sociedad from the season 1979-1980.

La Real were coached by Alberto Ormaetxea during that campaign and they lost their first game of the season in the 32nd week against Sevilla at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuan (they had carried their 38 game undefeated run from the previous season as have Barça) with a goal from the Sevilla player Daniel Bertoni.  That defeat cost La Real the title that season although they went onto win two in a row later on.

Barcelona matched La Real's record last week at 38 games unbeaten and this week Barça beat the record by beating Valencia at home by 2-1.  Barcelona's record is also superior because they've achieved more victories (32) during this run with only 7 draws to La Real's 22 victories and 16 draws.

Countino makes a big difference. Only Messi was creating chances consistently and the lack of creativity in the side was becoming a worry. Nobody in the midfield opens teams up with passes anymore. 

Dembele not starting is a mistake though for me as the team lacks pace. I'd sacrifice 1 of the mids for him and play a more 4-3-3 again. The team are getting the right results, but barely at the moment and with the Copa Del rey final coming up especially, there needs to be more in my opinion. 

Ter Stegen, Semedo, Pique, Umtiti , Alba, Busquets, Roberto, Coutinho, Messi, Suárez, Dembele.

I'd like to see that line up myself. Pace, creativity, ideas and engine. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived