Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Europa League 2017/18 Semi-Final & Final Draw

Tomorrow at 11am.

Arsenal
Atletico Madrid
RB Salzburg
Marseille

As long as we avoid Atletico we have a chance. I mean we could easily go out to the other two, but I'd fancy us over 2 legs.

RB Salzburg finished above Marseille in their group and then knocked out Real Sociedad, Borussia Dortmund and now Lazio. Hope we don't underestimate them if we draw them.

Semi-Final
Marseille vs Salzburg
Arsenal vs Atletico

Final
Marseille/Salzburg vs Arsenal/Atletico

If Arsenal goes through i can see them win it, however they got the hardest draw. Hope to see Marseille advance in to the final too.

The hardest draw possible but not impossible. Need a very good defensive display and to draw them out which they don't like doing.  The good part is that Simeone favours a home leg first which is the opposite to the norm on what people want. He (Simeone) loves to get the rival feeling pressure at home.

If we get past this then we have a great chance obviously. But let's not forget what occurred against Galatasaray.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The hardest draw possible but not impossible. Need a very good defensive display and to draw them out which they don't like doing.  The good part is that Simeone favours a home leg first which is the opposite to the norm on what people want. He (Simeone) loves to get the rival feeling pressure at home.

If we get past this then we have a great chance obviously. But let's not forget what occurred against Galatasaray.

Couldn't have been much tougher to be honest... and you can be a bit hit and miss with your defensive displays as last night demonstrated.. The home leg is going to be the one where you need a complete defensive shut out at any cost

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Couldn't have been much tougher to be honest... and you can be a bit hit and miss with your defensive displays as last night demonstrated.. The home leg is going to be the one where you need a complete defensive shut out at any cost

If we can keep it to zero on their part at home I really fancy our chances to be honest.  They're not firing on all cylinders as they were for 4 months just over a couple of weeks ago.  They're still very dangerous and so experienced at this.

That´s the best possible draw to Marseille. I know Salzburg´s eliminated Dortmund and Lazio, but I´d take it any day over Atlético de Madrid or Arsenal.

I don't know if it'd be easier against Atletico over two legs or in a one off game.