Newcastle 3-0 Southampton
Southampton 0-0 Stoke

Chelsea 1-1 West Ham
Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham
Leicester 1-2 Chelsea
Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace

Match Info
Chelsea have only collected 12 points from 11 matches since the turn of the year
Southampton haven't won at home in the league since November
The last home win for Southampton was back in March 2013
The reverse fixture was a 1-0 win for Chelsea
Chelsea have lost their last 4 away league games

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

o.O Fact ✔ please!! No way in he'll that can be true. Not too long ago, some Chelsea fans here were celebrating when Chelsea was catching up with man utd. My oh my

FACT

The last time United won the league, Caitlyn Jenner had a penis. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

o.O Fact ✔ please!! No way in he'll that can be true. Not too long ago, some Chelsea fans here were celebrating when Chelsea was catching up with man utd. My oh my

Screenshot_20180413-165832~01.png

• Administrator

Alonso is a proper cunt for doing that. 

Purposely goes for Shane Long with his studs on the back of his shin. His own player has the ball so he's definitely gone out of his way to aim for Long. Dirty twat. 

Just now, Stan said:

Alonso is a proper cunt for doing that. 

Purposely goes for Shane Long with his studs on the back of his shin. His own player has the ball so he's definitely gone out of his way to aim for Long. Dirty twat. 

Nasty,   video review coming up on that tackle.

A team fighting for their lives against a team who have nothing to play for, poor from Southampton if they don't win this. You'd think our lot would want to get some form and confidence going though given that we have the small matter of an FA Cup semi-final coming up.

Morata is like a moaning old woman and is far worse than Costa in terms of antics and that sort of thing.

Poor defending from Azpi again.

Class from Bertrand who should be in the starting eleven for us today, his had a poor season for Southampton but will probably be one of the first to get snatched if they were to go down. Would much rather have Bertrand in the team than Alonso whose tracking back for the goal was dreadful and he should have been sent off as well.

Our game plan as always is to get the ball into our striker's feet as quickly as possible, then play in and around that which is why you see a lot of these little one twos between our attacking players which is something Chelsea fans are getting more and more annoyed with. For a while now other teams have clocked onto that and look to crowd out the centre of the pitch. Conte's system is all about direct play and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible, this isn't necessarily a long ball and route one, the target is to always get the ball into the striker's feet. It's better however at times to have more patience and wait for the right moment to get the ball forward, waiting for the space.

• Subscriber

I thought I was only going to watch one pathetic, spineless team with no pride in blue with nothing to play for lose away at a relegation threatened opponent today but now thanks to Chelsea I get to see two.

• Subscriber

Today could crush Southampton. Losing in this manner will take away any momentum from the new manager bounce while the three teams above them all have winnable home games today. Then on Monday you've got West Ham v Stoke where no result is any good for Southampton especially if other results today go against them.

• Administrator

Southampton fucking hell. 

Must be like a knife to the heart losing this, especially after playing well against Arsenal last week and getting nothing too. 

Wonder if Conte will get any credit for switching it up... 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wonder if Conte will get any credit for switching it up... 

No? It's quite literally what everyone was asking for and desperately wanted. Look at my first post. 

Switches to 4 at the back, 3 goals in 8 minutes. Switches back to 5 defenders, we become passive again and invite pressure. 

You've got to say it's poor from Hughes, failing to react to how massively the game changed. At 0-0 playing against a 5-2-3 things were going well. At 2-1 up against a 4-2-3-1 they had something to hold onto and it was clear that the play had completely turned against them and they didn't react until it was too late.

Though in fairness two of the goals came from total slackness at dead-ball situations rather than any real tactical issue. 

• The title was changed to Saturday 14th April - Southampton 2-3 Chelsea
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived