• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Saturday 14th April, 2018

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We'll get beat. We've got no midfield for the game and we just don't seem to have that knack to pull the result out when we need it most anymore.

1-0 Burnley. Be surprised if it's anything but.

After last week's warm up derbies I bet you all can't wait for the big one. Palace Brighton. Eagles Seagulls. Doesn't get any bigger than this.

1-1 or 2-1 Palace I reckon. With Brighton nearly safe, us playing well, and the FA Cup defeat still in our minds I make us slight favourites.

• Subscriber

Palace 2-0 Brighton and Burnley 2-0 Leicester already.

Looks like today is the day Burnley really seal 7th and a probable Europa League spot in a season where they went 2 months without winning a game. Another reason that basically every team outside the top 6 and them should be ashamed of how shit they've gotten, especially Leicester and Everton.

• Subscriber

Jordan Ayew with a deserved Swansea equaliser.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Swansea 2-1 Everton with the winning goal after the 80th minute. Putting money on it.

Had a look at the bet builder on bet365 for this but there was no option for late goals :o.

• Subscriber

Mori on for Bolasie. Perfectly understandable substitution as we desperately try and cling on for another massive point in our battle for 8th or so. Let's not forget these are the biggest club in Wales.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Palace and Huddersfield each take victory at home. Today becomes an absolute disaster for Southampton with Swanseas draw their only saving grace.

Southampton are fucked if they get relegated, they spend a lot on wages.

• Subscriber

Europe gone and entirely deserved. This has been the most nothingy season I think I can remember. It's still relatively a good year for us, but it's so weird, I just don't feel like we're any good. I don't think being 8th this year is anything to shout about. It could be a lot worse but I can't help but feel it could be so much better too.

Game was over after 8 minutes. We went into the game 6 points behind them. To have any chance of pipping them, we needed to win that game. Draw was no good. They don't concede many goals and have built their entire season around being solid at the back. What fucking prayer did we have from that position? We just haven't got that character about us anymore. I don't expect anything overly impressive from us. I don't expect us to find that second wind.

I'm glad we're safe, because if it came down to the last day to stay up for example, I doubt we'd win our game.

I'm absolutely fed up of our defending.

We have got to be ruthless this summer. We have to replace Morgan, Simpson and Okazaki as first team starters. Our strongest XI cannot contain any of those next year.

I do want to see what direction Puel would take this team if given time, but I don't think he's going to get that time. I think there's an internal delusion about what we're really capable of. Our squad is miles off the top six. Absolutely miles. We have in my eyes, four top six standard players, in Vardy, Mahrez, Maguire and Ndidi. Bear in mind I'd say it's likely we lose Mahrez, and maybe one of Maguire/Ndidi too, it's pretty worrying.

Well done to Burnley. Didn't really rate them at all, if I'm totally honest, I thought we let them off the hook but we deserved fuck all. You can't defend like that and expect anything.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Wilfried Zaha just needs to fuck me now and get it over with. I haven't been that proud of a Palace performance in a very long time.

Reckon you're safe? I think one more win will do it for you. And it'll be against us. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Reckon you're safe? I think one more win will do it for you. And it'll be against us. 

They'll beat us to confirm safety.

I reckon we could come about 12th now. I can see us finishing dreadfully.

• Subscriber
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Acknowledging defeat already? When Dan and Stan donate the money, I become a donor right? TF365 wins and Teso with another W.

I completely forgot about that bet. That's funny actually. Watch another scenario like last year happen - we came 12th but had a goal ruled out on the final game, wrongly, that would've had us come 9th.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

What about Teso with nothing but a Zaha jersey? :$

You might have the tanned complexion but you don't have the flair, skill, ability or passion that Lord Wilfried of South Norwood has. I apologise whole heartedly for that but I genuinely don't think in my lifetime a team with no history will ever have another academy product like him. He's one to tell the grand children.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Leicester. Or Watford. Or Stoke. Or West Brom. We're safe. 

Roy Hodgson is owed a shit load of apologies from Sky and other media broadcasts. Ignoring the fact he took over the most dead cause in the Premier League after Frank DeGaal madness. His treatment after the Euros was beyond harsh. He weren't the one that was passing wayward passes to Eskimos. It was Gary Neville that chose Harry Kane as the corner taker after all. I'm glad he retires on a high.

• Subscriber

Hodgson absolutely deserved blasting after the Euros. He was appalling. No apology on that one.

But I'll apologise for writing him off when you appointed him. He's done really well and has earned back some respect. It's quite a fitting way for him to go out as well as Palace are his boyhood club.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Acknowledging defeat already? When Dan and Stan donate the money, I become a donor right? TF365 wins and Teso with another W.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I completely forgot about that bet. That's funny actually. Watch another scenario like last year happen - we came 12th but had a goal ruled out on the final game, wrongly, that would've had us come 9th.

can't remember if I got on that bet as well xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Really? I figured you was the type of cunt that doesnt leave a tip but not this. Its all good though

xDxD 

what was the bet? Leicester finish top half?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived