talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The rush to bomb Syria

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada and Germany have said they won't participate in any bombing of Syria. So did Italy's current PM - but he's really just a placeholder until the next government is formed.

Trump's said he'd give Russia a warning of the sites the US military would hit. This likely means something along the last time the US bombed a Syrian air base, where Russians were given warning and Assad's forces cleared the area and all that happened was a dirt runway was destroyed and quickly repaired. So if I were Assad or Putin, I'd wouldn't have too much fear of the might of the US military. It's essentially very expensive pothole repair for Assad then.

If World War 3 is coming, it looks like I'll soon be a nice little pile of radioactive ash because I live close to a bunch of US military installations and naval bases. But it looks like other people will have to deal with chemical weapons and nerve gas - I think I prefer getting nuked.

But there's also a chance this is just a show being put on so that arms manufacturers can get some more sales. But ultimately, if this is where humanity decides to try to wipe itself out... we only have ourselves to blame.

When there is no good outcome from taking action then action should not be taken. Syria is a clusterfuck of bad on all sides, Assad is a tyrant clearly targetting innocent people and backed by that weird gargoyle Putin. On the other side there is a rabble of Islamic extremists, with very little to distinguish between good and bad. Throw in Turkey trying to wipe out the Kurds and you have an unsolvable maelstrom.

May is a weak Prime Minister looking for somewhere to show strength, it's dangerous.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Canada and Germany have said they won't participate in any bombing of Syria. So did Italy's current PM - but he's really just a placeholder until the next government is formed.

Trump's said he'd give Russia a warning of the sites the US military would hit. This likely means something along the last time the US bombed a Syrian air base, where Russians were given warning and Assad's forces cleared the area and all that happened was a dirt runway was destroyed and quickly repaired. So if I were Assad or Putin, I'd wouldn't have too much fear of the might of the US military. It's essentially very expensive pothole repair for Assad then.

If World War 3 is coming, it looks like I'll soon be a nice little pile of radioactive ash because I live close to a bunch of US military installations and naval bases. But it looks like other people will have to deal with chemical weapons and nerve gas - I think I prefer getting nuked.

But there's also a chance this is just a show being put on so that arms manufacturers can get some more sales. But ultimately, if this is where humanity decides to try to wipe itself out... we only have ourselves to blame.

I'm an hour's drive away from Britain's nuclear submarine base so I think I'd be finito quite quickly.

But at least before that I can look forward toa few more weeks of the British establishment calling Corbyn a friend of dictators, a Russian stooge, and a national traitor for having doubts over starting a war, or for asking that Parliament be allowed to weigh-in on it.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Move to the country side and take a horse and a gun with you also a goat/crow and learn how to grow vegetables, if you want to survive 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

When there is no good outcome from taking action then action should not be taken. Syria is a clusterfuck of bad on all sides, Assad is a tyrant clearly targetting innocent people and backed by that weird gargoyle Putin. On the other side there is a rabble of Islamic extremists, with very little to distinguish between good and bad. Throw in Turkey trying to wipe out the Kurds and you have an unsolvable maelstrom.

May is a weak Prime Minister looking for somewhere to show strength, it's dangerous.

I completely agree with you haha

dddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh.    we've heard that before from Trump during that crisis against that Fatty Kim of North Korea.    Trump said he's going to wage war .. but fack, nothing has happened.  and now he's babbling about using Nuclear Bombs on Syria ............

if he wants to do it .. do it ..... press the red button ........... and soon these will rise ---------------

Image result for terminator robot

Looks like this pipeline war is close to happening. Don't for a second think any of the parties involved are doing it for the righteous reasons they're pretending motivates them. Bad guys fighting bad guys, dead civilians in the middle.

Depressing that we’ve rushed blindly behind Trump without any public debate nor any plan except to enforce the “red line” against chemical weapons, after years of Assad using them.

The only positive is that all the Russians’  shit-talk has come to nothing as they quietly watch the actually advanced countries do what they want.

I wouldn’t have voted for May at the next election anyway but she’s cemented her legacy as a totally useless PM with this debacle. Sadly it will only strengthen Corbyn because although he’s a loon he’s right on this. 

All the Americans who argued against the likes of Bannon advising Tump now get there wish as he’s replaced them with Neocon warhawks like Bolton. It’s a fucking mess this

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I wouldn’t have voted for May at the next election anyway but she’s cemented her legacy as a totally useless PM with this debacle. Sadly it will only strengthen Corbyn because although he’s a loon he’s right on this. 

I'm not sure bombing a warehouse in Syria will have any major effect.

It's just a talking shop topic.

36 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'm not sure bombing a warehouse in Syria will have any major effect.

It's just a talking shop topic.

Perception is everything though, the Tories are terrible at managing it and this clusterfuck will only make matters worse. 

The reality is the British electorate are a thick bunch, you had Rotherham & Rochdale vote for the councillors that had turned a blind eye to the rape of its young women on an industrial scale because Thatcher “closed pit n stopped kiddies milk” ffs. 

The recent move is mostly directed/overplayed at western audience self-consumption. I refuse to judge the attack on the merits of righteousness.

Neocons on the rise in the US in terms of Foreign Policy with Bolton it seems. I don't see USA having justifiable and attainable short term goals in the area that can make a convincing case for changing the current statu quo (stale and rotten, but barrying Turkey a kind of statu quo nonetheless) through force. I cannot avoid thinking the scheme of things is moved by "Saudi Arabia & Israel vs Iran" cold war with Turkey going solo genocidin' around rather than by the traditional NATO vs Russia tension, with the later being more of a mere tool to manifest the former than anything. 

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The reality is the British electorate are a thick bunch, you had Rotherham & Rochdale vote for the councillors that had turned a blind eye to the rape of its young women on an industrial scale because Thatcher “closed pit n stopped kiddies milk” ffs. 

Which councillors specifically?

16 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Which councillors specifically?

Councillors is wrong I should have said coucils. Both reports concluded that Labour ran coucils showed a reluctance to tackle the issue because of the Labour voting ethnic minority. 

Archived