Ghoddoos
Jahanbakhsh
Ansarifard
Azmoun

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

So Neil Etheridge is not even in the squad for the Philippines... Since he'd only be available for one match they decided not to field him at all.

Vietnam with the youngest squad in the tournament (average age 23). Low expectations, but looking forward to attractive football they've been playing recently.

Thailand have most of their key players this time (in particular Chanathip, Teerasil and Teerathon) and will be keen to bounce back after a poor Suzuki Cup performance. Kawin missing out because of an injury is a big loss though.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Starts tomorrow! 

Come on Vietnam and Thailand ^_^

By the way; the official fantasy game is also on if anyone's interested: https://fantasy.afcasiancup2019.com

I'll see your team tomorrow. I hope we win but in all honesty I think we might actually end up drawing or losing, the latter of which is more likely.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll see your team tomorrow. I hope we win but in all honesty I think we might actually end up drawing or losing, the latter of which is more likely.

I don't particularly like the way Thailand play under Rajevac, but it has its advantages in a tournament like this (improved defense over focus on attack) and with a few key players back to the squad, they will definitely be looking to make amends after a disappointing Suzuki Cup exit. Tomorrow's match is going to be a major test for India and you have to beat Thailand in order to reach the knockout stages... I reckon it's going to end up in a draw though that doesn't help either of the teams haha.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't particularly like the way Thailand play under Rajevac, but it has its advantages in a tournament like this (improved defense over focus on attack) and with a few key players back to the squad, they will definitely be looking to make amends after a disappointing Suzuki Cup exit. Tomorrow's match is going to be a major test for India and you have to beat Thailand in order to reach the knockout stages... I reckon it's going to end up in a draw though that doesn't help either of the teams haha.

We're both in a tough group so its anyone's guess what the match outcome will be. I don't think we can overcome the UAE just because of how they play but Bahrain is possible. I think we'll do our best tomorrow to come out on top and I really hope we do. We have a capable defense and our only problem is a controlling midfield unless Sunil helps out (as much as I dont like the guy). 

UAE has had a much better preparation for Asian Cup than Bahrain but they haven't been all that consistent and are missing their star player. Bahrain on the other hand has a relatively a young team and has shown to be capable of scoring goals. I would say it will be a close game but UAE having home advantage would probably have a higher chance to win.

• Subscriber
Just now, Azeem said:

UAE has had a much better preparation for Asian Cup than Bahrain but they haven't been all that consistent and are missing their star player. Bahrain on the other hand has a relatively a young team and has shown to be capable of scoring goals. I would say it will be a close game but UAE having home advantage would probably have a higher chance to win.

Have a soft spot for the UAE considering I grew up there but if you put them and India in the same group its a no-brainer who I am going to pick. I liked them at the last AFC where they had a very good midfield.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

We're both in a tough group so its anyone's guess what the match outcome will be. I don't think we can overcome the UAE just because of how they play but Bahrain is possible. I think we'll do our best tomorrow to come out on top and I really hope we do. We have a capable defense and our only problem is a controlling midfield unless Sunil helps out (as much as I dont like the guy). 

Yeah @Stan sucks 

• Subscriber
Just now, Azeem said:

Yeah @Stan sucks 

I'll let @Stan sort that out haha but if he mucks up atleast we can go meet up on the west coast of India and get drunk in whiskey which I know they LOVE doing. 

Back on topic, this is the player from the UAE I really like.

Insane amount of skill but he was left wanting in the knockout stages. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

I'll let @Stan sort that out haha but if he mucks up atleast we can go meet up on the west coast of India and get drunk in whiskey which I know they LOVE doing. 

Back on topic, this is the player from the UAE I really like.

Insane amount of skill but he was left wanting in the knockout stages. 

He is out injured 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

He is out injured 

Shame really I quite enjoy watching him play in that UAE team. It's not going to be easy either ways for us to progress unless we put a shift in for all our games which I think we'll do. The amount of progress we've made in terms of ISL growth and the team selection this year gives me some hope.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

12 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yeah @Stan sucks 

The fourth wall has been broken!! 

On topic, just chosen my fantasy league team and have squeezed in Son, Azmoun, Jahanbaksh, Muto and Maya Yoshida. I don't know much about anyone else picked.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

On topic, just chosen my fantasy league team and have squeezed in Son, Azmoun, Jahanbaksh, Muto and Maya Yoshida. I don't know much about anyone else picked.

Created a private league for TF365: https://fantasy.afcasiancup2019.com/en/leagues?code=416E6E65205468656B652323373033232354463336352323574B4F5155364441

or alternatively a league code if the above link's not working: WKOQU6DA

Archived