• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/01/2019 at 10:24, Asura said:

absolutely.... our defending was comical at most of the times and I hated the fact we could not hold on to the ball despite no pressure from Thai players, our players rushed and were desperate to clear the ball away from their feet every single time when in our own half.. At 3-1 I thought we should have held on to the possession a lot mroe and kill the time but the final goal came out of nowehere and killed the game anyways...

I dont think any one of these two teams will advance and if anyone it should be us because I dont see Thailand beating any of those west asian teams... while we might snatch a point from either of them the next matches, highly unlikely though.

Said it before after our first match... if, as a team, you cant hold the ball for more than 3 seconds then there is no chance you are winning or fighting against a half decent team. I dont understand why the hell were our players trying to clear the ball whenever they get it. Its either extremely poor coaching or a very bad tactic or the nervousness of a big stage... 

Good show overall and we are still a very very young football nation so Im fine with whatever the team has achieved... hopefully more upwards from now on. 

This ref is getting demoted. That was the most absurd penalty decision I've ever seen.

Hopefully no replay is in order, like that South Africa - Senegal game.

Interesting fact about Yemen

There is town called Shibam famous for its mudbrick-made high-rise buildings giving it nickname ' Manhattan of the Desert '. It is one of the oldest and best examples of urban planning based on the principle of vertical construction. Also Yemen is said to be the original homeland of the Bedouin Arabs making Yemeni Arabic the pure dialect of Arabic. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting fact about Iran

The land of present day Iran was divided into two Kingdoms, Kingdom of Pars( where the word Persia comes from) and the other i cant remember the name. Cyrus the Great united both the Kingdoms and formed the nation of Iran for the first time. For this he is also referred as ' Zulqarnain ' in Arabic which means ' The one with two horns '. This points to his crown which had two horns to honor his unifying of the both Kingdoms. 

220px-Olympic_Park_Cyrus.jpg

Interesting fact about Australia. I've seen dry carrots with more culture so to make up for this Australia cherry picks parts of other western culture and tries to claim it as its own, viciously defending this culture and these western ideals against a never ending tide of eastern immigrants and investors who will soon outnumber the useless white populace, sealing Australias place as an Asian nation forever while southern cross tattoos become a thing of history. 

Some of the young stars I've liked the most in this tournament.

Ristu Doan (Japan)

Chris Ikonomidis (Australia)

Awer Mabil (Australia)

Sardar Azmoun (Iran)

I'm hoping to get to see Qatar's Afif, Almoez and then Iraq's Mohanad Ali.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Some of the young stars I've liked the most in this tournament.

Ristu Doan (Japan)

Chris Ikonomidis (Australia)

Awer Mabil (Australia)

Sardar Azmoun (Iran)

I'm hoping to get to see Qatar's Afif, Almoez and then Iraq's Mohanad Ali.

Azmoun and young ? he's been an integral part of the squad for a while now

Just now, Azeem said:

Azmoun and young ? his been an integral part of the squad for a while now

He's 24 which I guess isn't that young, but he's still got a long career ahead of him.

Archived