talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that i think isn't good for them is that the lack of competitive football for over two years until the Confederations Cup, they will play in the first round of WCQs but there aren't any real competitors for the the top Asian teams in that stage.

I mean they have the momentum with them and if they get good results in Copa America than friendlies and qualifiers against second tier Asian teams aren't going to be a good build up to their current form.

6 hours ago, The Käiser said:

They won their first ever Asian cup. Coincidentally before hosting next World Cup!  How very coincidental.  Fifa is not on the take

Considering that it was played during the height of Gulf Boycott of Qatar by its neighbours and in its neighbour's home ground that's the interesting part about it rather than that. 

Qatar was booed by the UAE fans in the final and semi final, shoes and bottles were thrown at them in the semi. 

16 hours ago, Azeem said:

Considering that it was played during the height of Gulf Boycott of Qatar by its neighbours and in its neighbour's home ground that's the interesting part about it rather than that. 

Qatar was booed by the UAE fans in the final and semi final, shoes and bottles were thrown at them in the semi. 

Fifa bringing the world together. 

Next stop...copa America!! (Oh yeah Qatar coincidentally are entered into that tournament too)

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2018 at 09:22, Toinho said:

• Group A: United Arab Emirates, Thailand, India, Bahrain
  • Group B: Australia, Syria, Palestine, Jordan
  • Group C: South Korea, China, Kyrgyzstan, Philippines
  • Group D: Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Yemen
  • Group E: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Lebanon, North Korea
  • Group F: Japan, Uzbekistan, Oman, Turkmenistan

What groups has more wins? I lost tract with this game, I never had much update, so sad!

Archived