Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Syria sack their coach. 

What's that two coaches now? I think by the end of this tournament every team that doesn't get out of the group stages will have a new coach. I guarantee if we don't make it out then Constantine will get the sack too.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

What's that two coaches now? I think by the end of this tournament every team that doesn't get out of the group stages will have a new coach. I guarantee if we don't make it out then Constantine will get the sack too.

Well i can understand about Syria as they almost knocked out Australia from the World Cup and not winning against Palestine is much a fall from where they were a year or two ago. 

Pizzi is still in charge of Saudi Arabia ffs.

In fairness they did have a good world cup bar the Russia game. However, I don't get what he tries to play with Saudi Arabia. Patient possession game? They are more work horses. They run at defence and try to beat their marker, not tiki taka for christ sake.

I'm keen to see if he does well in this Asian Cup but I don't have high expectations of the Saudi's. Semi-finals at the very most I think.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Pizzi is still in charge of Saudi Arabia ffs.

In fairness they did have a good world cup bar the Russia game. However, I don't get what he tries to play with Saudi Arabia. Patient possession game? They are more work horses. They run at defence and try to beat their marker, not tiki taka for christ sake.

I'm keen to see if he does well in this Asian Cup but I don't have high expectations of the Saudi's. Semi-finals at the very most I think.

Their performance against North Korea was second only to Iran in the first round, an all Western Asian final is on the cards considering its being played in West Asia and how the usual favorites have started the tournament. Qatar and Jordan are also good shouts for semi final and final competitors 

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Their performance against North Korea was second only to Iran in the first round, an all Western Asian final is on the cards considering its being played in West Asia and how the usual favorites have started the tournament. Qatar and Jordan are also good shouts for semi final and final competitors 

Jordan for me are the best arab side in the competition. Saudi Arabia might have more quality but I really do not rate Juan Antonio Pizzi on the touchline.

Game has gotten a bit dull, so I'll do the knockouts should they start today.

India vs South Korea

Iran vs Syria

Jordan vs Thailand

Japan vs Saudi Arabia

China vs Turkmenistan

Qatar vs Iraq

UAE vs Kyrgystan

Australia vs Uzbekistan

Archived