talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Uzbekistan now need to draw with Japan to finish top of the group means Iran and Japan won't face each other till the final. 

These are the two teams I want to see duke it out in the end. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Today's games could be intriguing considering all teams still have a chance of qualifying. 

India vs Bahrain and UAE vs Thailand. 

UAE just need to match India's result to finish top. 

India can draw and hope UAE win to finish 2nd.

Thailand, in 3rd, can win and they'll leapfrog UAE and depending on India's result, could even finish top of the group still. 

Bahrain can qualify despite only getting 1 point so far - if they win and UAE win, then they'll finish 2nd. 

• Subscriber

Thailand should have sacked Rajevac way earlier... They are a completely different team now and look much better; wouldn't rule out them scoring another one as UAE doesn't seem very motivated and the Thais have taken control of the match in the second half.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fucking hell India xD 

4 minutes from a place in the Group stages and we go and be silly in the penalty box. Fair play to Bahrain they deserved it with the way they were playing.

Horrible punch in the gut at the end, but to be honest Bahrain deserved the win. Looked like the only side that showed intent. It's not about attacking but at least try to hold on the ball. Even when we went behind we showed no attempts to hold the ball and play the right pass but just hook it forward aimlessly. 

I am being harsh, cause overall this side has showed great improvement and came within touching distance of going to the next level, but I thought it seemed like we had no plans and were just hoping to get a draw. 

Still proud of the lads. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Interesting fact about Bahrain 

Bahr means ocean in Arabic and Bahrain means the place where two oceans meet.

Its also the place where you can enjoy the ocean at your feet when you're standing 100m away from the shoreline due to the flooding they experience

• Subscriber

What a heartbreak for India...

Very happy with Thailand though; didn't expect that after the awful first match but they did manage to turn it around and with a bit of luck they're through to the knockout stages. Still not playing as well as they could but there's definitely improvement.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

What a heartbreak for India...

Very happy with Thailand though; didn't expect that after the awful first match but they did manage to turn it around and with a bit of luck they're through to the knockout stages. Still not playing as well as they could but there's definitely improvement.

Quite like the fact that Thailand went through in the end. I think the first game was a blip in the journey to get through for them and had it not been for a beating by us I think they'd have topped the group too.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Quite like the fact that Thailand went through in the end. I think the first game was a blip in the journey to get through for them and had it not been for a beating by us I think they'd have topped the group too.

Yeah, it's of course a speculation now but I would have loved to see how Thailand fared in this tournament if Rajevac had been sacked a month before it started. I don't like players openly criticising their ex-managers, but I've read an interview with Tristan Do today before the match and it was very obvious that the whole team is relieved that he's not in charge anymore and that definitely shows on the pitch... They'll probably go out in the next round anyway, but it's still a good achievement and maybe with a bit more luck Thailand can still spring up a surprise or two. Chanathip really is brilliant.

Interesting fact about Syria

Damascus the capital is one of the most ancient cities in the World.

Steel of Damascus was a famed type of steel used to make weapons that could pierce anything as the legends go, even today archeologists and scientists have been unable to produce the exact same replica by the found samples. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Interesting fact about Jordan

Jordan has a desert called ' Wadi Rum ' which has a landscape very similar to Mars and several Hollywood films have been shot their including The Martian most recently.

That's where they're shooting Star Wars: Episode IX now too. 

Love those facts; keep them coming!

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Interesting fact about Jordan

Jordan has a desert called ' Wadi Rum ' which has a landscape very similar to Mars and several Hollywood films have been shot their including The Martian most recently.

My favourite fact from that is that The Last Crusade was shot there too. Beautiful place.

1-1 at the half. Mabil scored a very good goal to give the Socceroos the lead but Syria cancelled it out immediately.

Australia have been better since the first 20 minutes but they've still been quite poor. Rogic in particular has been a ghost.

Archived